I am wondering if this is a defect in the Tour. I just got the Tour less than a week ago and after 8 hrs the battery needs to be charged so I got a new battery and it did the same thing so then I got a new phone and now I find it's still doing it. Which is extremely frustrating. I just want a phone that works and so far I am not impressed. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.
    12-23-09 07:43 PM
    you dont have any apps running in the background do you? and is this going dead by standby time or are you using it when it drains quickly?
    12-23-09 07:45 PM
    I have facebook, and ubertwitter those are my only apps...I have my phone on all day...I thought it was maybe because I was downloading the apps and it took the battery away...for example yesterday turned my phone on at 9am txted about 100 times and sent a couple IM's, checked twitter when I had an @ reply and by 5 it was completly dead.
    12-23-09 07:53 PM
    hmmm 100 texts? lol, nah that shouldnt do it though you should still have some left, did you just get your Tour from the store?
    12-23-09 07:55 PM
    I just got it from the store ya. They said it should last me 2 days which is what my curve did for the same usage. I had the exact same thing...wtf...I am so mad haha...
    12-23-09 07:57 PM
    i would take it back and tell them and make them give you a new battery or even a new Tour, if they have the 30day return period like Alltel use to have.
    12-23-09 07:58 PM
    I did that at first I got a new battery same thing happened so now they gave me a new Tour. BAH!!! Damn addicting things...I just got a new one about 6 hrs ago so I let it completely charge or so I thought and I send 2 txts and 4 IM's and sent a tweet and it went down half a bar...I am crossing my fingers that its just that I didnt let it charge long enough...I am impatient.
    12-23-09 08:01 PM
    yeah just let it charge completely and then see whats up
    12-23-09 08:02 PM
    I'm pretty new to the Blackberry world, so I may not be the best to answer this, but the things that I've found to save the battery are:

Turn off global service, only select 1XEV for Network technology under Mobile Network in the options.

Turn down the screen brightness.

Make sure you close out your apps when your done, don't just back out of them. Push the menu button when you're in an app and select close. You can see what's running by pushing and holding the menu button (the blackberry button) then you can select an app and close it.

I've had my tour for about 3 weeks now and it will last two days with a good combination of web and phone usage.

There may be other solutions, I just haven't found them yet. I just know the frustration of trying to figure things out on your own! Good luck and enjoy the phone, it's addictive!
    12-23-09 08:03 PM
    I'm pretty new to the Blackberry world, so I may not be the best to answer this, but the things that I've found to save the battery are:

Turn off global service, only select 1XEV for Network technology under Mobile Network in the options.

Make sure you close out your apps when your done, don't just back out of them. Push the menu button when you're in an app and select close. You can see what's running by pushing and holding the menu button (the blackberry button) then you can select an app and close it.

I've had my tour for about 3 weeks now and it will last two days with a good combination of web and phone usage.

There may be other solutions, I just haven't found them yet. I just know the frustration of trying to figure things out on your own! Good luck and enjoy the phone, it's addictive!
    Correct, check and apply all of those things...
    12-23-09 08:05 PM

Will do thanks!!! And yes this is my 3rd blackberry beyond addiciting haha
    12-23-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD