Now I have to charge the phone 3 times a day insetad of 2.......get with the ******* Program RIM.....fix this ****....a free nokia phone has better battery life.....WTF
    04-22-10 11:07 AM
    so is there a reason you started this thread?
    maybe you should look at some other threads and understand how to use your phone.... its called reading instead of jumping to conclusions.
    04-22-10 11:20 AM
    What apps are you running in the background?
    04-22-10 11:36 AM
    You cannot compare a BlackBerry or any smartphone to a free Nokia phone...c'mon. My first Nokia in 1998 would last 6 days without a charge. But it did nothing. What OS are you running? Have you set your backlight, time out, screen brightness? Do you use standby mode? Close all apps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 11:39 AM
    you cannot compare a blackberry or any smartphone to a free nokia phone...c'mon.
    qft

04-22-10 11:48 AM
    just buy a 2600 battery... last me a solid 2 days
    04-22-10 11:55 AM
    FYI...im not an *****....ive been a blackberry superstar for a while, this is my 4th BB. Im just sayin that since i did the patch update the other day, battery life sucks more, and yes ive adjusted all those other settings to increase battery life and it does not help.
    04-22-10 01:19 PM
    Check the battery.
    04-22-10 01:21 PM
    FYI...im not an *****....ive been a blackberry superstar for a while, this is my 4th BB. Im just sayin that since i did the patch update the other day, battery life sucks more, and yes ive adjusted all those other settings to increase battery life and it does not help.
    Then run a different (read: better) 5.0 OS, there, superstar.

.419 and .484 both provide excellent battery life.

04-22-10 01:27 PM
    People want all these apps and social software then they complain when they cant hold a charge. Either get an extended battery or turn off all those silly apps like facebook etc.
    04-22-10 02:22 PM
    Apparently you aren't a "superstar"

04-22-10 02:33 PM
    I have actually my battery life INCREASED when I did the 5.X upgrades!!
    04-22-10 02:57 PM
    He's right though, the battery life does suck with the new OS. I shouldn't have to switch from the official carrier OS that was just released in order to get the same battery life I was getting before.
    I used to leave apps open all day and would only charge at night, now my battery dies before I get home from work.
    I've since closed everything while i'm not using to avoid a dead battery.

I will admit though, since the "patch", battery life has been a little bit better.

It is ok though, I'll fix my battery issues with the HTC Incredible next week.
    04-22-10 02:58 PM

I'm running .484 on my Verizon Tour and it's solid, battery life is great. No complaints...
    04-22-10 03:00 PM

I've actually recompiled the original .419 to include a few things that gives it incredilbe speed (2 min or less boot time) and insane browser speed as well as long battery life.
    04-22-10 03:08 PM
    People want all these apps and social software then they complain when they cant hold a charge. Either get an extended battery or turn off all those silly apps like facebook etc.
    Heeeyyyy, FB is NOT a silly app....

Hahhaa
    04-22-10 06:03 PM
    Dv8.5 enough said.
    04-22-10 08:33 PM
    +1. Or Dv8.6 if you're a VIP

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-22-10 10:30 PM
    judging by this thread topic i'd argue that point..

hows the service in your area? does your phone hunt for signal alot? if so thats where alot of battery juice is going.. did you set your GPS off? do you use a BT headset alot? if so do you disable BT when not in use.. did you set your network to 1XEV? do you play a lot of music? videos? streaming apps?

if your charging that much a day, take it back to your carrier and tell them you think that battery is messed up, tell them about the charging problems.. and they will likely swap out the battery at no charge to you.. its worth a shot..

if that fails.. go buy the 2600 battery.. GREAT investment for your tour.. or any BB for that matter.

cheers
    04-23-10 03:54 AM
    My battery life was pretty good pre patch - post patch it pretty much went into the sewer! These OSs have to be one complex mother to get such a wide variety of results. I downgraded to pre patch and things got better. I wonder if you stripped all of the 3rd apps off the phone if this kind of thing would not happen. Seems to me that some of them apps don't like to play together nicely.

04-23-10 06:42 AM
    Now I have to charge the phone 3 times a day insetad of 2.......get with the ******* Program RIM.....fix this ****....a free nokia phone has better battery life.....WTF
    this is probably not a viable solution for you... but in all seriousness... get a 9700 if battery life is top priority... even with average usage, my battery drain is about 2.5%/hr... giving me an easy 40hrs per charge... with light usage, can easily get 1.5%/hr (meter berry tracks this) which means 66hrs per charge

so you could be charging every 2 days, rather than 2-3 charges a day... although sounds like something is definitely wrong with your 9630... should at least get a days worth i'd think... (i know CDMA handsets get a little worse batt life than GSM ones, but it can't be that much worse)....
    04-23-10 07:03 AM
    this is probably not a viable solution for you... but in all seriousness... get a 9700 if battery life is top priority... even with average usage, my battery drain is about 2.5%/hr... giving me an easy 40hrs per charge... with light usage, can easily get 1.5%/hr (meter berry tracks this) which means 66hrs per charge

so you could be charging every 2 days, rather than 2-3 charges a day... although sounds like something is definitely wrong with your 9630... should at least get a days worth i'd think... (i know CDMA handsets get a little worse batt life than GSM ones, but it can't be that much worse)....
    hes on Verizon, you cant get a 9700.
    04-23-10 07:06 AM
    hes on Verizon, you cant get a 9700.
    i know that capt obvious...

it's why i said "probably not a viable option" as i know he'd probably not want to switch to at&t or t-mo...
    04-23-10 07:09 AM
    i know that capt obvious...

it's why i said "probably not a viable option" as i know he'd probably not want to switch to at&t or t-mo...
    then why try and give advice to a guy when you know that can't help him in the least bit?
    04-23-10 07:11 AM
    because maybe he isn't aware the 9700 gets amazing battery life... he certainly wouldn't if he's stuck on vzw

not everyone is opposed to switching carriers... although with vzw peeps, that is a very small percentage...
    04-23-10 07:14 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD