Omg you guys werent kidding when i seen some of you say Battery life was horrible on the Verizon Tours 5.0 Update. I miss .419 but wanna keep the PTT. I hope a fix is soon cuz this is horrible!!!!!!
    04-01-10 06:04 AM
    Tell me about it...I used to be able to get 2 days out of my phone. Now, I can't even get a full day
    04-01-10 06:53 AM
    I noticed a slight decrease in battery life when I went over to .484, and really I haven't noticed any improvement with this build over that one as far as the battery life is concerned. To be honest, when I was running 4.7 I would have anywhere between 50%-65% at the end of the day, and now I'm usually right in that same range, sometime slightly less if I talked for a while on the phone... I mean, that's really not that bad all things considering, last night, I checked my battery around 10:30, and it was at 55%, and my GF's Tour that was still running 4.7 had 65%, and I'm sure I used mine a **** of a lot more than she did...
    I'm considering picking up an extended life battery, just for the **** of it, but I'm only using half of my battery throughout the day anyways, and I always charge it at night, so it's not really necessary I suppose.
    04-01-10 07:44 AM
    My battery life has been horrid since the update. With .61, I would be at about 40% to 50% by the end of the day, usually around 11:00 pm. This would be after taking off the charger at around 6:30 am (with a full charge on it) and having moderate usage over the course of the day (some browsing, some calls, and a lot of email). Since the update, my battery is at about 50% by noon, with no other differences in programs installed or running and the same usage pattern.

Inkdesigner
    04-01-10 08:11 AM
    Yeah, its atrocious (i should learn how to spell that).

But, Im actually getting better battery life and not sure why, but what i did was...First I had loaded .591 leak two times. Both battery life and mem sucked on both. So I loaded the .591 with the .607 java folder. Worked well..but battery and mem were just as bad.

After reading someones post on the fact that the beta and the official were the same, someone pointed out that the radio file was different in the official.

I dont like using dm, and like wiping the phone first. So i downloaded the official .591 release off of verizons site.

Since I loaded this one, my battery life is wayyyyyyyyyyyy better, mem still is horrible (leaks like the titanic).

The only battery problem i notice now is when i do a battery pull, i lose between 10 and 15% of the life..why, I dont know (was the same on all other .591's ive loaded).

Anyway, for what its worth..so far so good...if you want i'll repost at the end of the day to see if there is any change.
    04-01-10 08:27 AM
    Could it be that your just using your phone a lot more since the upgrade? My battery life has gotten better. I gotta believe that folks are just using their phones a lot more since the upgrade, downloading, PTT, new themes, apps, etc...
    04-01-10 08:43 AM
    No, same or less usage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 09:14 AM
    Could it be that your just using your phone a lot more since the upgrade? My battery life has gotten better. I gotta believe that folks are just using their phones a lot more since the upgrade, downloading, PTT, new themes, apps, etc...
    Has nothing to do with using the phone more. I actually have been using my phone less due to being busy at work. I usually have 60 % or so by the end of hte day. I now at at 50% at least by lunch time. I have to charge my phone during work and after work now instead of just at night while sleeping.
    04-01-10 09:19 AM
    I noticed shorter battery life right after I updated. I went from charging every 1-1/2 to 2 days to having to charge every 12hrs! What gives? I'm not really into playing with BB OS's so I waited for the official from Big Red. This problem along with the web click issue has made my beloved Tour APOS. It's really too bad to because the new OS has some good new features. I had rock solid performance before updating and will be rolling back this weekend. "Bummer"

04-01-10 09:22 AM
    I guess I don't notice mine as much.. I've always gotta charger at work on my desk, in my truck and 2 at home. It's always on a charger if I'm sitting for any period of time.
    04-01-10 09:29 AM
    My battery life is ok. Granted I use the **** out of my phone. I deleted all of the useless apps off of my phone, because the update gave my memory a solid beating, and it seems like the battery is getting a little better than it was before. The browser click issue? What the ****! My little cursor just isn't helpful at all

04-01-10 09:32 AM
    I thought my battery life was going faster than usual but than again I have been on break and jhave been more on my phone the last couple of days..I will be have to keep an eye out and see what's up..
    04-01-10 09:40 AM
    My battery life depends on where I am, and it always has. If I am at work where I have poor signal conditions, my battery life sucks. If I am at home
    (over the weekend for instance) then it generally lasts for a couple of days.
    04-01-10 09:45 AM
    Mine is fine now. The first day was bad but I was playing with the phone all day. Now it seems normal.
    04-01-10 09:52 AM
    My battery life was terrible on Tuesday, but after a few battery pulls it finally seems better. I saw someone suggest that the OS adjusts gradually and I thought it was BS, but now I'm thinking it might be true. This time yesterday I was at 70%, today I'm at 85%.
    04-01-10 09:52 AM
    My battery life is pretty good...restarted my phone and didnt lose any battery life.
    04-01-10 12:05 PM
    definitely a lot harder on battery since 5.0 upgrade. i notice that BBM no longer optional and always stays running in background - i wonder if that is the drain...
    04-01-10 01:53 PM
    My battery life has been pretty good since my upgrade. Haven't been under 50% after an entire day of usage.

04-01-10 02:25 PM
    My battery life has been great since the update. Better than the original IMO.
    04-01-10 02:27 PM
    Two things causing problems: the Enhanced Gmail Plugin drains battery and y'all need to wipe your device I've found.
    04-01-10 02:29 PM
    I saw someone suggest that the OS adjusts gradually and I thought it was BS, but now I'm thinking it might be true. This time yesterday I was at 70%, today I'm at 85%.
    It's true, anytime you install a new OS you need to give it at least 2 days. Usually the day after you install an OS, you will notice the battery is draining much faster. By day 2 battery life is usually a lot better...
    04-01-10 02:31 PM
    It's true, anytime you install a new OS you need to give it at least 2 days. Usually the day after you install an OS, you will notice the battery is draining much faster. By day 2 battery life is usually a lot better...
    yes im gonna have to agree with this post. the first two days i just wanted to leave my BB off. Day 2 i did two hard resets as well as setting the network to 1XEV and right now id usually be at 75% or so, im at 95% with full bar
    04-01-10 04:17 PM
    Ha, the superstitious things people believe on this forum....it drains faster because A. You're using your phone more and B. Your phone is searching for service more, *228 option 2 and no the berryman doesn't exist.

04-01-10 04:26 PM
    Been off the charger for 11-1/2 hours with moderate usage: 76%. As good as I've ever had.
    04-01-10 04:32 PM
    My battery life has been pretty good since my upgrade. Haven't been under 50% after an entire day of usage.

+1
    mine is the same way.
    my first day my phone went dead at 7pm
    but today with heave usage it is 2:33 and my phone has been on since 6am and i have 85% battery life.
    04-01-10 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD