I am running .230. I charged it yesterday at work and when i left work, I unplugged it, ensuring it had a completely full charge. I received (1) 30 second call and 2 emails all night long, and now I'm down to 28% battery this morning. I am not roaming and am staying in ares with at least 2 signal bars...Any ideas as to why my battery life sucks?

Has anyone else run into this problem?
    10-30-09 08:52 AM
    I've been having battery issues after upgrading to the offical 4.7.1.57. I'll have 50% and leave it on my night stand before bed, and when I wake up, it's totally dead.. 2 nights in a row so far, but I upgraded over a week ago.

I'm still trying to figure out the issue
    10-30-09 02:15 PM
    skimore2020, your not alone on this one. I have the same problem with .230. For a test, I downgraded to 4.7.1.57 for a week and the battery life was substantially better.

There are a few threads discussing the tour's battery life and .230. It seems as though it's hit or miss. Some say .230 increased their battery life, some like you and I, feel otherwise.

Just wait around for an official release of 5.0, hopefully it'll fix this issue.
    10-30-09 02:44 PM
    I have not upgraded my OS but I did DL the newest version of Facebook recently. The past week my battery life is horrible. I can barely make it through the day and I do not use my phone a lot and I close all apps. I did notice FB doesn't always close, so I don't know if that's what is killing the battery or what?

My phone has been dropping out of 1XEV constantly though, so that might be it. They keep telling me the service is cutting in and out b/c of the ALLTEL deal. I hope they fix it soon.
    10-30-09 05:38 PM
    I'd say, for me, it's a hit or miss on a day-to-day basis. Some days I have phenomenal battery life, others I have to charge it half way through the day. I use it pretty much the same amount every day, so usage isn't a huge factor here. Nonetheless, I bought another batter for those days that the batter sucks.
    10-30-09 05:53 PM
    Try using the latest hybrid OS5. I didn't like the beta .230, as it had a lot of slowdown, which could mean it's processing a lot or something else that could cause battery issues.
    10-30-09 06:02 PM
    Try using the latest hybrid OS5. I didn't like the beta .230, as it had a lot of slowdown, which could mean it's processing a lot or something else that could cause battery issues.
    Which is the latest hybrid of the OS5? Have you had any luck with the latest hybrid?
    10-30-09 09:06 PM
    Which is the latest hybrid of the OS5? Have you had any luck with the latest hybrid?
    BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - 9630 - 50v7.6 (5.0.0.230 Based)

Yes, it is much, much smoother than 5.0.0.230. Read the guides on how to install it in the forums.
    Pretty simple though.
    1) reinstall 5.0.0.230 and choose repair (or install it if you didn't already).
    2) Install the hybrid, this launches ShrinkAOS. Check whatever you want removed
    3) Shrink the OS and run the loader, which will install it to the phone.
    Last edited by papped; 10-30-09 at 09:14 PM.
    10-30-09 09:12 PM
    im using this hybrid, and battery still sucks !!! I had to charge my phone twice a day...!
    10-31-09 06:41 AM
    hhmmm, that is weird maybe its your batteries?
    i have been logging my battery life from the original verizon stock OS to now (i'm using .230) and i can say my battery life improved. its not dramatically improved but better none the less.

i can get upto 28hrs straight. heavy text messaging and web browsing and IM+ on the background..
    10-31-09 07:04 AM
    hhmmm, that is weird maybe its your batteries?
    i have been logging my battery life from the original verizon stock OS to now (i'm using .230) and i can say my battery life improved. its not dramatically improved but better none the less.

i can get upto 28hrs straight. heavy text messaging and web browsing and IM+ on the background..
    That's impressive! Is that with the stock battery?
    10-31-09 09:25 AM
    Yes its with the stock battery..
    Now the longest that my battery can go is 24hrs. I guess either the battery already starts degrading or I'm using it more and more.. LOL
    Last edited by clovis_ll; 10-31-09 at 11:56 AM.
    10-31-09 11:53 AM
    I upgraded to 5.0.0.230 and to be honest, my battery life has gotten better. I used to leave it on my dresser at night, and when I'd wake up, it would be down 15% or more.

Now, it doesn't even move. but my signal seems better since i upgraded as well, so maybe that has helped.

Although, we all know the tour (no matter how much we love it) is a power monger. I charge it during the day from time to time and it gets me through teh night...I have a charger at home, at my gym and in my car. So if i ever need a charge..Ive got one.
    10-31-09 12:05 PM
    I carry my usb cable since everywhere I go there's a computer..

True that the tour is power hungry device but coming from the iphone 3GS, its like comparing a hybrid car to a gas guzzling SUV.. And the fact that with the tour, I get 3G coverage everywhere instead of EDGE from the so called "3Gs"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 12:12 PM
    I carry my usb cable since everywhere I go there's a computer..

True that the tour is power hungry device but coming from the iphone 3GS, its like comparing a hybrid car to a gas guzzling SUV.. And the fact that with the tour, I get 3G coverage everywhere instead of EDGE from the so called "3Gs"

I'm with ya there. I had an iPhone for a while before I went to the BlackBerry (I actually had a few other phones between, but only for a short while). Boy, the difference is night and day! There was no chance the iPhone would last a day, with the Tour I can count on it not dying on me halfway through the day. And your comment about coverage is so true too. Verizon easily has the best 3G coverage. I had EDGE 90% of the time with the iPhone, it sucked. Just because you have 3G abilities, doesn't mean you actually get to use them.
    10-31-09 02:48 PM
    Thanks everyone! I upgraded to the hybrid. My battery life issue has seemed to have gone away. I let it charge up yesterday and took it off the charger at 4pm, and it just went down the first tick of the battery icon. So I think I'll stick with the hybrid until something better comes along... Thanks again!
    11-03-09 08:46 AM
    As promised, here's the link I mentioned from my earlier post.

But I also noticed that some people that have a problem with battery life on .230 installed it through DM and didn't do a wipe. i had a problem till i wiped it and reinstalled.

Try the SIM card pull. Less bouncing and better consistent signal helped my battery life significantly.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/po...h-tour-353136/
    11-03-09 09:36 AM
    Well, here's an update for my battery life issue....It's completely fixed. The hybrid OS is working great! No complaints at all. AND....I still have not charged my phone and I'm only down to 55%! Thanks again!
    11-05-09 07:55 AM
    I did a clean install of 230 and my battery life has been better. That said, there were a couple of older 4.7 apps that I re-installed at first that for some reason ate up the battery initially, even when they weren't apparently running (push and hold the BB key to see running apps).

I uninstalled what I thought might have been the offenders and all has been well since.

Typically when battery life is lousy, some app is running in the background doing it. The OS itself will not chew up your battery.
    11-05-09 07:39 PM
    I had the same exact problem. So I wiped the entire phone and reinstalled .230 now I charge my phone every other night

Try wiping!
    11-05-09 08:32 PM
    my Tour lasted me apprx 24 hours of battery life with .230 and I was like, wow! it is really holding up.
    11-05-09 09:08 PM
    I have not plugged my Tour in since I took it off the charger on Mon (11-2) at 4pm. I just checked my phone. I still have 30%, so I guess I'm getting 4 days per charge...Some kind of record for a stock battery that I've had since August? LOL
    11-06-09 08:16 AM
    just upgraded to .230 and after 1/2 a day of usage I'm down to 65. It seems to be a little worse than .40. I did a complete wipe using BBSAK before upgrading using the DM. I loaded all my apps manual. I'll try loading the lastest hybrid shortly.

11-09-09 06:21 PM
    I upgraded to 5.0.0.238 last night and haven't noticed any major difference in the battery life whatsoever, maybe its just me though?
    11-09-09 07:52 PM
    .230 introduced signal unreliability issues, you can read about it on the bbhybrid forums.
    11-09-09 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD