For the last week my Tour battery has not been able to make it 24 hours before running out of juice. Prior to this week, I was able to get 36 or more hours of battery life. I have not added any apps so this battery issues is very befuddling to me. I was hoping you crackberry experts could offer up so good advice. I am running 5.0.0.419 and have been for a couple of months now.

Thanks in advance,
    Chad
    04-09-10 11:20 PM
    For the last week my Tour battery has not been able to make it 24 hours before running out of juice. Prior to this week, I was able to get 36 or more hours of battery life. I have not added any apps so this battery issues is very befuddling to me. I was hoping you crackberry experts could offer up so good advice. I am running 5.0.0.419 and have been for a couple of months now.

Thanks in advance,
    Chad
    One of the biggest things that will suck your battery down is your network technology setting. Make sure you don't have it set to global,, it will always be searching for other networks hence drawing more juice. Do you always have your blue tooth enabled? If you dont' use it, dis-able that too. I'm sure there will be plenty of other members chiming in with more tips, these are the two biggest ones I've seen on here to try.
    04-09-10 11:32 PM
    After updating to OS 5.0, my battery life has been horrible. I use to be able to get away with not charging over night (if I happened to forget or something). However, it cannot last an entire day for me anymore. I took it off the charger at 7 AM and it was dead by 5 PM.
    04-10-10 12:17 AM
    Wish I could help but I have had the same problems with 5.0.....my battery sucks. Especially if it is under 50% I can barely make it a coupe hours without going dead

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 12:19 PM
    I always had my network set to 1XEV, when I upgraded to the new BB OS this week my battery started to drain in less than a day ... went into my network settings and it was switched to Global - so check yours ...
    04-10-10 02:56 PM
    Also check your GPS. I have mine set on emergency only, unless I am using a navigation app then I change it while using that app. Lots of apps like to add location and it seems to eat batteries as well. Make sure you are closing out your apps if not using them. I do a daily pull as well.
    04-10-10 05:11 PM
    Also check your GPS. I have mine set on emergency only, unless I am using a navigation app then I change it while using that app. Lots of apps like to add location and it seems to eat batteries as well. Make sure you are closing out your apps if not using them. I do a daily pull as well.
    As kat 89447 has mentioned I notice that GPS usage really affects battery life and I toggle mine on/off as needed.
    04-10-10 05:42 PM
    Wow thanks for the tip mine was switched to global as well....hope that helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD