I maybe have had the tour for about a week or so and the battery seems to run out of power really quick. Anyone with the same issue either past or present? I know that buying a new battery with higher mah is going to be the best bet. I just don't know if its a regular issue or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 02:50 PM
    How much are you using it? Are you a heavy user? How many apps are you running in the backround? are you closing apps when needed? Are you running wifi or bluetooth all day or for how long? We need A LOT MORE INFO to even try to help out including how quick is "really quick"
    02-25-10 02:54 PM
    How quick does the battery drain? If you have alot of constantly updating apps or dont close apps fully then yes the battery will go quick.
    02-25-10 02:55 PM
    Yep, maybe he isn't closing apps. If you run google maps or something that uses GPS it will kill the battery. Like I said to the OP, we definitely need more information
    02-25-10 02:57 PM
    Did you have another BB before this one? I had the Curve 8330 and its battery life lasted years longer (slight exaggeration). Seriously though, the Tour's battery does drain fast in comparison. I have been able to get better battery life since installing a 5.0 Hybrid. It is easy to do and is well worth it, in regards to battery life, if you are still on 4.7.

I would recomend Driphter 9630 Dv6.4 411/419/421/461/484/497
    02-25-10 03:45 PM
    Yeah we're gonna need a lot more information in order to again confirm the battery sucks in the tour.
    02-25-10 04:26 PM
    Well, its my first BB. It had a full charge at around 0800, at 1030 it was near half, at 1130-1145 it was on E. I am not to sure how to check background apps but I do have a few apps I have downloaded, I think my gps is on. Is that enough intelv

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 05:44 PM
    the easiest way to check what is running in the background is ckichk the blackberry button, scroll to switch application. There are 5 apps always running - phone, browser, home screen, blackberry messenger and messages. If you have any others they are not closed properly. To close them out properly you should again hit the bb button and scroll to exit/close. Just using the white back button leaves them running in the background and doesnt close them out. GPS, backlight, also can be adjusted to increase battery life. Have you downloaded any apps, there are some that are battery drainers. Leaving Facebook running is a big battery drainer. There are also many posts on how to increase battery life you may want to look at those. If none of these help, depending on when you got the phone you may be able to swap it or get the battery replaced.
    02-26-10 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD