So after upgrading from my pearl to the tour, I noticed the battery door was loose and I was displeased with the manufacturing of the product. So I went back to the store where I bought it from and asked if they could replace it, they brought out two units and both had the same problem. I called verizon that day asking for a replacement and they told me to use foam tape. I called verizon today and spoke to a supervisor and he said he did not have the power to send me a new unit.

I'm not trying to beat the system here, I know this was a known issue. I just feel that I'm being pushed aside when all they have to do is send me a new unit that does not have the problem.

So I emailed RIM because I was fed up and this is what I said.

If anyone had this same problem and had it resolved please let me know so I can do the same, Thanks.

Dear RIM,

I had recently owned a blackberry pearl 8130 on the verizon network and instantly fell in love with the functionality the blackberry offered. Hearing about the Tour being released I instantly wanted the bigger, better phone so I upgraded and once again fell deeper in love with the product. A week later I noticed the battery door was loose and a gap had appeared. I went back to the verizon store where I had bought it from and the two units they gave me had the same problem. I then called verizon and was told to use double sided foam tape, I am not going to tape a brand new phone that is still under the factory warranty. So I called verizon again today and spoke to a supervisor and he advised me that he did not have the power to send me a new unit. Now I am stuck with what was suppose to be the best blackberry on the verizon network with a faulty battery door. I also do not want to keep going back and forth to the verizon store to see if they had gotten any new units in that do not have this problem, nor do I want to call them again.

I would greatly appreciated if this issue could be resolved without the use of tape or simply to put a case on it so I wont notice it.

Thank you,

James
    09-29-09 12:39 PM
    I had the same problem, call verizon a few times eventually the lady told me she would call the local stores and see if they didn't have any extras I could replace it with, found one store that had some got it replaced for free. While the new door isn't perfect it's a lot better than the first one. I would say call and complain that it's creaky when you type which was the problem for me if your email doesn't work.
    09-29-09 01:22 PM
    Thanks for the response. It's just a big pain in the *** to have to call and complain when it is such a stupid problem that could of been avoided.
    09-29-09 01:57 PM
    Thanks for the response. It's just a big pain in the *** to have to call and complain when it is such a stupid problem that could of been avoided.
    Tons of threads on this its a known issue. Just like any product manufactured there is a chance there could be a defect. Call VZW they will replace it. Good day.
    09-29-09 01:59 PM
    I don't know if you read the whole rant but it does say that I had called them twice and they wouldn't replace it over the phone. I went into the store twice as well and the ones that they gave me had the same problem so it isn't that east.
    -Good day
    09-29-09 02:05 PM
    Yeah it is a pain but you've gotta figure there will be a few bugs with newer models, just don't give up.
    09-29-09 02:14 PM
    Sorry I must have missed that and focused on the same whining about the battery door. My mistake.
    09-29-09 02:41 PM
    No worries, I am no expert either. I appreciate your post and thank you for the help.
    09-29-09 02:58 PM
    Yeah no problem we see these all day I should have read the post more thoroughly.
    09-29-09 03:04 PM
    It's just the principle of buying a new product and expecting "new" quality, especially after they had fixed the problem. I don't mean to whine nor did I want to write all that I did ( just went nuts, ) I simply feel mistreated.
    09-29-09 03:09 PM
    The battery door on my first Tour was pretty loose, but when I had the device replaced due to trackball issues, the second device had a nice tight battery door and just feels more solid in general. All of the seams are tighter.
    09-29-09 04:13 PM
    there is another thread regarding this issue where the OP called CS and they directed them to a number of links where they could purchase a new Tour battery door. Upon purchasing it, CS actually issued her a credit on the new door on her acct. I cant remember the exact thread, but she did have success with the new door and was very pleased.
    there are some CS reps who are willing to help and those that are a pain to deal with. I guess you could keep trying. Or ive also read that people attempt switching their doors w/ another door and oddly both are tight on the swapped phones. If you do happen to go to the store again, try swapping it out.
    I do agree that any phone (especially one u have to pay so much for) shouldnt have these QC issues, i can understand on a FREE phone, but the Tour isnt exactly cheap. my phone had a tight door to begin with but started getting loose over time worse the phone started sqeaking. I dont feel like returning my phone and having to get new activation codes for my 3rd party apps so i smacked some electrical tape on the door, and things got tight again. 1 yr w/ the pearl and 2 yrs w/ a curve and i never had any problems other than a squeaky keyboard on the curve.
    09-30-09 04:54 AM
    I think most of us had the same problems. It's a shame to go through all of this after spending our hard earned money on a product we expected top notched quality. My only suggestion and it worked for me was to spend more money on a Coveroo door--- it fits snug without the gap. Don't waste your time and money on eBay for a door, after 3 purchases from different vendors, none fit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 05:33 AM
    How long have you had the tour?
    09-30-09 07:36 AM
    The best battery door fix is a good light case I like the epik or the feather cases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 08:04 AM
    I've had mine since the 17 of september
    09-30-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD