I just got my tour on august 14th and i was reading online that verizon has cleared out their old invetory and replaced it with phones made in Mexico rather than China. I was wondering if i can go and trade for one of the new ones? I'm still under my 30 days to switch phones. So do i just go in and tell them i want one of the new ones bc my battery door is loose?

Also what are some of the problems people are having with the trackball? I think i may be having some also.

Thanks!
    09-09-09 01:26 AM
    Yes, the new cases have arrived. They have a green sticker on all the box's/case to indicate the new door/trackball.

They wont swap it out unless you're having an issue so tell them the trackball doesn't work a lot of the time and ask to see the box when they swap it out, you should get a new one if under 30 days. If you don't ask to see the box, you risk getting the old ones. Verizon didn't ask for the old ones back so reps probably don't even know the difference and would pass off the same thing you already have.
    Last edited by bobamedina2000; 09-09-09 at 01:35 AM.
    09-09-09 01:33 AM
    Thanks! I'll deff take care of this tomorrow!
    09-09-09 01:38 AM
    Yes, the new cases have arrived. They have a green sticker on all the box's/case to indicate the new door/trackball.

They wont swap it out unless you're having an issue so tell them the trackball doesn't work a lot of the time and ask to see the box when they swap it out, you should get a new one if under 30 days. If you don't ask to see the box, you risk getting the old ones. Verizon didn't ask for the old ones back so reps probably don't even know the difference and would pass off the same thing you already have.

Also congratulations on the 1000th thread on this topic, you earn 20% off apps and themes this week only. To save 20%, simply use coupon code backtoschool at checkout within the on-device versions of our app store.

i got a "green" dot replacement (mailed brown box) and did not come with a cover. Still very loose. i didnt know they made a new cover
    09-09-09 01:45 AM
    Yup 100% sure they put out new covers. I swapped mine out. Set an old one and a new one side by side and the latch that slides up and down is clearly different.

The reason why yours is still loose is because it was the door and not the handset. Even with a new phone, why else is your door still loose?

Sounds to me they fru'd your phone out. I would go into a store and see if you can get a different back, maybe even from a DOA phone. At least you got a new trackball, that's the most important thing.
    09-09-09 01:51 AM
    i got a "green" dot replacement (mailed brown box) and did not come with a cover. Still very loose. i didnt know they made a new cover
    yeah, they made changes to there battery cover to make them as solid as a tank now. they dont move in the least bit now
    09-09-09 08:13 AM
    Can I get just a cover...and not a whole new phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 10:04 AM
    The first 3 Tours I've had did have loose battery door. The 4th one is nice and tightly snug without any play.
    09-09-09 11:25 AM
    How do you go about getting a fixed door?
    09-09-09 11:33 AM
    How do you go about getting a fixed door?
    I called verizon and complained abotu the battery cover being really loose. They sent me a new cover by mail. No play in this one
    09-09-09 11:35 AM
    Hi all, I know this subject keeps coming up, and I have read various posts about it, but I got my phone Aug 27, and hadnt really noticed anything but the battery door being loose.

After reading about this on crackberry, and seeing people mentioning the new versions shouldnt have this problem, I checked the box, it has a green dot and says it was manufactured Mexico 5, 8-9-09. I am wondering why my door is still loose, and what to do about it. Havent had any trackball issues (knock on wood).
    09-09-09 03:56 PM
    i have a new battery door off my 5th tour i just got today if amny one is interested in buying it feel free to txt me @ 8165031511
    09-09-09 04:55 PM
    ^^^not a good idea to post your phone number in a fourm^^^

thats what Pins are for
    09-09-09 05:57 PM
    ^^^not a good idea to post your phone number in a fourm^^^

thats what Pins are for
    thats true i didnt think about that...
    09-09-09 09:04 PM
    I just got a Tour and my box doesn't have a green dot, but I don't have any issues with the trackball or the door. In fact the door is more sturdy than my old 8700 Curve.
    09-09-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD