Who cares if it's on here already? Someone took time out of their day to help others with a common problem.
    Driphter- i appreciate it, thanks!
    09-04-09 09:47 AM
    I didn't say the effort isn't appreciated. It is, however, redundant.
    09-04-09 09:51 AM
    One additional thought on "repeat" posts. It allows folks that are researching whether or not to purchase a Tour to see what's what with the device. As someone unfamiliar with a Tour they would not know to SEARCH for threads on loose battery doors, rippling screens, faulty signals, creaky top pieces, unworking jacks, etc. Who looking for a new device would look for TRACKBALL issues - after all Rim has been successfully making trackball devices for eons. Are we suggesting that folks find only new subjects that mention no issues (even repeated issues) because the issues threads have drifted down to pages 5 and 6?

So a new posting of an issue helps folks realize not all is perfect in the Rim Tour world.

And a question - why is the:

"Car Bluetooth + Tour Issue...They can't hear me well"

thread STICKIED?

Why not some of these other PROBLEMS and possible solutions not stickied?
    09-04-09 09:57 AM
    The logic what for what posts are stickied or not as well as the entire lack of structure for this forum is frustrating (no subs). I have no problem with an innocent repeat thread and while I have used the search feature successfully, I can understand that a Noob might either just excitedly jump to a new post or not be experienced enough to use search effectively (it does take some practice to use it well and know what key words to use). If you see a thread title and know it to be a repeat, either don't read it or don't reply. It is okay to discriminate.

Thanks OP for sharing your perspective! That is what this forum is all about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 10:57 AM
    The logic what for what posts are stickied or not as well as the entire lack of structure for this forum is frustrating (no subs). I have no problem with an innocent repeat thread and while I have used the search feature successfully, I can understand that a Noob might either just excitedly jump to a new post or not be experienced enough to use search effectively (it does take some practice to use it well and know what key words to use). If you see a thread title and know it to be a repeat, either don't read it or don't reply. It is okay to discriminate.

Thanks OP for sharing your perspective! That is what this forum is all about.

Thats just it. People are so very quick to reply that a thread is a repeat when they didn't have to read it to begin with. While moaning over what the OP did, they don't stop to consider that they are also adding to what they consider to be a worthless thread merely by pointing out that it's been done before.
    09-04-09 11:12 AM
    Yep, they become part of the problem. Like the radio dial and the TV remote, we control the mouse and keyboard. If you don't like a thread, don't open it and respond, just move along.

09-04-09 11:51 AM
    I have a replacement Tour and the door still slides around a bit. I changed these instructions just a bit with good results. I just folded a single piece of electrical tape over the part of the phone that the door latch engages.

Thanks for the tip.
    09-04-09 11:52 AM
    He posted good photos though I think its a reasonable post unless there is one with equal photos

09-04-09 03:28 PM
    my fix was to take it and let the rep take a look at it. He came out with a new phone.....................

I paid good cash for this thing I don't need to be using tape to hold it together!

09-04-09 03:38 PM
    my fix was to take it and let the rep take a look at it. He came out with a new phone.....................

I paid good cash for this thing I don't need to be using tape to hold it together!

I ordered a Verizon door for my Sprint Tour and it is as loose as can be. The stock cover was about 90% satisfactory. In other words, it's not necessarily the phone that's the issue. So when you drop your phone or your kid loses the cover, you might be in the same boat with your replacement part. A little piece of tape to add some tension to the latch isn't the same as "using tape to hold [the phone] together."
    09-04-09 05:02 PM
    Not long ago, I received my "green dot" Tour. The 1st one had a very loose door. Actually distracting when trying to text or email and the phone was trying to wiggle out of my hands. The so called fixed phone had a VERY tight battery door ... for a week. Then it started wiggling around again. Now its even starting to creek on certain parts of the phone. I've had this replacement for 2 weeks and it creeks more than my 2 yr old Curve. I remedied it with a similar method, before even looking for a fix on the forums. I dont think the battery door issue was really addressed with the green dot Tours. Come to think of it, my first BB a Pearl was EXTREMELY solid ... even now. I still like the Tour but it's kinda sad to see the build quality is diminishing with new blackberrys and we are relegated to literally holding our phones together with E-tape ...
    09-17-09 11:13 PM
    Yep this works great thanks for sharing man.... Just ignore these other a** holes

09-18-09 12:39 AM
    AAAAHHHHH the world we live in these days. Drop $200 for a phone and the joy of measuring, cutting, and placing tape to properly close the battery door. If that isn't sweet then I don't know what is. lol
    09-18-09 12:43 AM
    Great post - I've read a couple of hundred posts and tried a couple of other fixes that were not really good. I finally realized that adding thickness elsewhere just wouldn't cut it since the problem was really in the latch.

I was thinking of bending the metal pcs., etc. (yeah, not a bright idea....)

Anyway, Thanks to the person who first figured this out and to driphter for posting the pics.
    09-18-09 02:09 AM
    Nice tutorial. I hadn't seen that method done before with pictures (I've just been using a business card) but I will try it and see if it helps. Thanks!
    09-18-09 06:42 AM
    I just fixed my battery door also, using this spot but a different material to do the fix.

What I grabbed was a set of security tags that my company puts on everything. Something like this..

and cut a few strips to stick to my tour.

1. I put a small strip under the clips of the battery door. There is a indent there that let the label slip in nice. This made it 99% better.

2. I put another strip on the raised area (where this post shows you to put take) that would correspond to the indent on the batter door. This locked it down tight.

3. I put a small strip on the foam on the battery door at the very top. Battery door is as tight as can be now. It does make a slight gap at the bottom of the door though, which sucks, but better than a loose battery door I guess.

This is/was the only real issue I have with my release day Tour.
    09-18-09 09:59 AM
    These all work. I did it with my original before anyone posted it. I would like to say that this is not technically a fix, but rather a bandaide because the original issue is still there.
    09-18-09 10:12 AM
    i didnt know there was supposed to be a gap between the door and phone........damn then mines all messed up
    09-18-09 12:10 PM
    I want to thank everyone for their support in this thread. The real lesson to be learned here is if a thread is not relevant to you, skip it and move on. No need to post if you cannot help anyone. These forums are supposed to be about helping people. Taunting, Pointing Fingers, Flaming, Laughing, and Picking Fun, don't help anyone and are counter productive.

I've realized a lot over the past few weeks of how things need to work here, and the fact is, most people on here are either looking for help or trying to help. If you don't fit into these two groups, there really is no reason to be here.

No one should be affraid to post, and all we have is our reputations on this site. Be remembered as a "go to guy" or just another "ahole" that is up to you.

I am done apologizing for helping others. I won't ever ask another person to do a search either. If you are savy on these forums, search for them and give them a link. Lead by Example and help someone because some day you WILL need help and what goes around comes around.
    09-18-09 01:18 PM
    One piece worked better than two for me (too much of a gap with two). Now what to do about the creeking it created?
    09-18-09 06:26 PM

I've realized a lot over the past few weeks of how things need to work here, and the fact is, most people on here are either looking for help or trying to help. If you don't fit into these two groups, there really is no reason to be here.

No one should be affraid to post, and all we have is our reputations on this site. Be remembered as a "go to guy" or just another "ahole" that is up to you.

I am done apologizing for helping others. I won't ever ask another person to do a search either. If you are savy on these forums, search for them and give them a link. Lead by Example and help someone because some day you WILL need help and what goes around comes around.
    Well said...

Ya gotta know your roots! Everyone on here started at zero... remember that!
    09-20-09 12:55 AM
    Well said...

Ya gotta know your roots! Everyone on here started at zero... remember that!
    True Dat.... Everyone has been cool to me, but I do see how some newcomers ask a question and get some A-Hole going off on him when he shouldnt have opened the thread in the first place.

Like I said, everyone has been cool to me so I purchase most of my apps and stuff from this site, it would probably be different if an A-Hole answered my thread. Think of the site first, and do your whining somewhere else.
    09-20-09 01:24 AM
    "great fix thanks"
    09-20-09 03:35 AM
    Who cares if it's on here already? Someone took time out of their day to help others with a common problem.
    Driphter- i appreciate it, thanks!

ditto - it is great info and if you already know it then yes, just skip the thread

screw the "search police"

and i searched to see if there was a "screw the search police" thread but did not find one so i posted it in this post.
    Last edited by Private Island; 09-20-09 at 05:36 AM.
    09-20-09 05:28 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD