So I just finished charging my Tour around 12:30am or so. I had no apps running, and went to bed. Luckily, I had a wake up call to my room at 7am, because when I looked to see why my phone alarm didn't go off at 6:30am, it was completely dead. It took about a 15 minute initial charge just to get the phone to boot. I've never had that happen before. Is this common? Anyone else every have this? Is it time to call CS and ask for a new battery? I depend on my phone quite a bit and travel frequently.
    08-03-10 12:29 PM
    It can be normal, especially if the device is constantly searching for signal.
    08-03-10 01:24 PM
    New OEM batteries are cheap (<$10) at Amazon.com, so no reason not to have a back-up. You might need an external batter charger ($15) also available at Amazon.
    08-03-10 01:28 PM
    I have a spare with me especially when i travel. Depending on how old the phone is it may be time for a new battery.
    08-03-10 01:35 PM
    Had the same problem, went to Sprint, they worked on it for 2 hours...couldnt figure out the battery drain, gave me a new/refurbed phone
    08-03-10 02:07 PM
    It can be normal, especially if the device is constantly searching for signal.
    My wifes phone will lose its charge when she is at work bc of poor reception and her phone constantly searches for signal.
    08-04-10 12:42 AM
    Is there any reason why you took it off the charger at 12:30 am and then went to bed? It does not hurt Li ion batteries to charge them all night. They cannot be overcharged. I charge mine all night and don't take it off the charger until I'm ready to leave the house in the morning.
    08-04-10 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD