I have a Verizon Tour and love it- so much so that I convinced a friend on Sprint to buy 2 one for herself and one for her husband. But the ones she got in the mail have a different battery cover. Instead of the soft matte cover I have on my Verizon Tour, the ones she got have a shiny back cover that is slippery and very loose. Sprint CSR said only Verizon has the matte cover. Is this true or does my friend have a defective unit?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 01:22 PM
    true
    10char
    07-20-09 01:24 PM
    The shininess isn't the big problem, its the looseness. There's a good millimeter between the battery cover and the unit

07-20-09 01:49 PM
    yep, my sprint backing is loose also
    07-20-09 01:53 PM
    I have a Verizon Tour and my battery cover wiggles. The mic jack sucks too...This device may be going back and I may just go back to using my 8330 :-(
    07-20-09 02:27 PM
    Telus also has the shiny battery door like Sprint, only mine isn't loose.

07-20-09 02:52 PM
    Sprint FTW, my device is perfect!
    07-20-09 03:00 PM
    Well shiny chrome bezel plus shiny back cover is a design. The matte with the darker bezel on verizon it just goes better. I think that's why they have the different style backs.
    07-20-09 03:03 PM
    Got a Sprint Tour and my cover seems fine

07-21-09 01:49 AM
    My sprint tours cover is perfect... The only thing I don't like about the finish is getting finger prints on it. Very snug battery door. Guess I was just lucky?

07-21-09 03:33 AM
    yeah the finger prints are a bit more noticeable on the Tour as opposed to my old curve, but to me it's not really a big deal....the batt door issue i solved with a tiny peice of tape under the cover, i don't even notice it anymore
    07-21-09 08:12 AM
    Telus and Bell have the same one. So Verizon is the only one to have the rubberized cover. It's look like Canadian doesnt deserve it But, do you know if we can buy the ruberrized battery cover? I want it so badly! I search on the net and it's doesnt like to be available now. I love my tour, but hate the fingerprint on the back, i dont want to clean it twice a day like my storm!
    07-21-09 08:20 AM

Just buy one of these bad boys, and you'll never even remember it. Plus, when the parts for the Tour become available on cellphoneshop.cn, you can buy yourself a matte or gloss cover...

The world is not coming to an end just yet. Get your panties out of a knot, and calm down.
    07-21-09 09:23 AM
    Yeah I grabbed the silicon case too. The reason why they move around is because of the cutouts for the battery contacts on the back for docking. If you look closely while you wiggle the door, there is a lot of room for them to move. If they could make it with not as much allowance of clearance it would probably tighten up and may be why some people don't have loose ones.

I like the look and feel of the Verizon door but I haven't seen a Sprint/Telus one in person to comment on it, my guess is it looks just as good. Might have to stop by a Sprint store and check one out. I'm down for trading if anyone is that unhappy with the shiny one since I don't see mine anways.
    07-21-09 09:34 AM
    I bought the black silicone skin for it at the Verizon store, and you don't even notice how loose the battery cover is. This thing is a little thick, but it is really nice.
    07-21-09 09:46 AM
    I had the VZW one, it's ugly and very thick. Just picked up one the official BB ones here of CrackBerry and it's a lot less obtrusive.
    07-21-09 10:08 AM
    I have a Verizon Tour and love it- so much so that I convinced a friend on Sprint to buy 2 one for herself and one for her husband. But the ones she got in the mail have a different battery cover. Instead of the soft matte cover I have on my Verizon Tour, the ones she got have a shiny back cover that is slippery and very loose. Sprint CSR said only Verizon has the matte cover. Is this true or does my friend have a defective unit?

Nope. She totally has a SPRINT battery cover. Shiny and loose as he**.

I should know.

07-21-09 02:06 PM
    Sprint FTW, my device is perfect!
    Same here. I have zero issues with it.
    07-21-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD