Hi i am a BOLD user. Now wants to get a Tour 9630 for my girlfriend. She really likes the battery cover of the BOLD (Leather feeling). I noticed the new Bold 9700 also had a small leather area on the battery cover.
    Does Tour has any aftermarket battery cover that has leather? Or does the Bold 9700 battery cover fit the tour?
    01-27-10 09:00 AM
    01-27-10 09:09 AM
    Isn't that the stock battery door?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 09:18 AM
    Yep, it's got the faux carbon fiber insert.

jw

01-27-10 10:45 AM
    So i guess that's the closest we can get huh....
    Thanks folks...
    01-27-10 10:26 PM
    Just a warning, many find the battery cover on the tour to be loose and in my experience it can wiggle around and up and down a bit. A small piece of tape fixes it up nicely or ever a folded bit of paper under the cover makes a quick fix. With case though its no problem...

01-28-10 12:02 AM
    if I ordered a different battery door would that solve the door problem? Or is it just the manufacturing funkiness.
    01-28-10 11:29 AM
    The seidio extended battery door is nice. It has the same feel as the sides of the phone.
    01-28-10 11:52 AM

I think it's a similar faux carbon fiber insert but the outside edges look rubbery.
    01-28-10 12:02 PM
    Hey guys, I've tried the quick fix of paper under my battery door to keep it still, but does anybody else have a tip or trick to keep it from moving around? I ordered a new door but I didn't know if it would solve the problem or not. Thanks!

01-28-10 12:07 PM
    Hey guys, I've tried the quick fix of paper under my battery door to keep it still, but does anybody else have a tip or trick to keep it from moving around? I ordered a new door but I didn't know if it would solve the problem or not. Thanks!

I used a very thin piece of cardboard about the same size as the battery. It's about 3 mm thick, came off the back of a Steno pad.

You may have the little piece of foam tape stuck to the inside of your battery door, it depends on how old the Tour is. It should be in the same spot on the battery door as the battery inside the phone. Stick the cardboard there and there alone. I've tried it in a few different places, with a few different methods (tape, folded paper, more than 1 piece of cardboard, etc.) but this has given me the best results.

It's probably gonna move a little bit regardless unless you use a case or alot of cardboard. The battery cover will start to bow out in the middle if you use too much and I prefer it to just move around a little bit than to stick out.
    Last edited by KillYouWithMyMind; 01-28-10 at 12:20 PM.
    01-28-10 12:17 PM
    I used a piece of double sided sticky tape (the foam kind) and stuck it to the 'sponge bit' on the battery door. Sorted
    02-02-10 02:11 PM
    I used the plastic that came on the face of the phone when i got it. Its a good size and shape and adheres without sticking to it.
    02-02-10 07:53 PM
    Hey guys: just wanted to update you, but I went ahead and ordered a new battery door off Amazon, just to check it out, and it actually has corrected the loose battery door wiggle! I don't know if I just got lucky, but it has fixed it for me. Also, prior to that, I was using the cardboard fix and that worked as well!
    02-02-10 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD