So I'm pretty convinced that I have one of the lousier Tours as far as the trackball goes. It takes me between 12-15+ scrolls to get from left to right of an email, seems ridiculous even though this is my first BlackBerry so I don't know if it's the norm or not.

I had a frustrating experience with Sprint, they sent me two tours in the ordering debachle in the beginning, no rebate form etc etc etc. Finally I emailed dan@sprint.com and a very helpful rep finally got my straightened back out for the most part.

I have left her two messages this week about the rebate and my calls have went unreturned. So I decided to go to the Sprint store today to see if they'd swap me a new Tour since it seems some people have had good luck.

Go to store #1 after working overtime today, and they tell me I need to go to Store #2 across the city. Very annoying but I do because I'd like to get this resolved within the first 30 days.

Make it to store #2, the rep acts like he knows of the issue, but I'm pretty sure he was bs'ing after he told me that the tours are supposed to have a laser sensor in them but some got shipped with the Curve's hardware and aren't matching up.

Whatever. I sign a form to backup my data with them, and am under the mpression I will be getting a new unit. They tell me it takes about an hour. Mind you I have tried adjusting the sensitivity and it still takes too long to scroll, so I Reset it at 70/70.

REturn after wandering around the city for an hour, only to have them give me my phone back and tell me :we adjusted the sensitivity, it's working great now."

I was so furious (There is more to the overall story I've left out of my bad CS experience) that that was their solution that I just took my phone and left.

I have fired off another email to dan@sprint.com.. hopefully I will get a response. I just hate the thought of spending $200 for a top of the line phone when I apparently don't have a top of the line phone.

We shall see what happens, but I am quite frustrated.
    08-08-09 08:07 PM
    Hey man, I hear ya, and your frustration. Might I suggest giving planetfeedback a try? I did, and got an apology and a brand new Tour. Keep me updated!
    08-08-09 09:41 PM
    So I'm pretty convinced that I have one of the lousier Tours as far as the trackball goes. It takes me between 12-15+ scrolls to get from left to right of an email, seems ridiculous even though this is my first BlackBerry so I don't know if it's the norm or not.

I had a frustrating experience with Sprint, they sent me two tours in the ordering debachle in the beginning, no rebate form etc etc etc. Finally I emailed dan@sprint.com and a very helpful rep finally got my straightened back out for the most part.

I have left her two messages this week about the rebate and my calls have went unreturned. So I decided to go to the Sprint store today to see if they'd swap me a new Tour since it seems some people have had good luck.

Go to store #1 after working overtime today, and they tell me I need to go to Store #2 across the city. Very annoying but I do because I'd like to get this resolved within the first 30 days.

Make it to store #2, the rep acts like he knows of the issue, but I'm pretty sure he was bs'ing after he told me that the tours are supposed to have a laser sensor in them but some got shipped with the Curve's hardware and aren't matching up.

Whatever. I sign a form to backup my data with them, and am under the mpression I will be getting a new unit. They tell me it takes about an hour. Mind you I have tried adjusting the sensitivity and it still takes too long to scroll, so I Reset it at 70/70.

REturn after wandering around the city for an hour, only to have them give me my phone back and tell me :we adjusted the sensitivity, it's working great now."

I was so furious (There is more to the overall story I've left out of my bad CS experience) that that was their solution that I just took my phone and left.

I have fired off another email to dan@sprint.com.. hopefully I will get a response. I just hate the thought of spending $200 for a top of the line phone when I apparently don't have a top of the line phone.

We shall see what happens, but I am quite frustrated.
    are you in the los angeles area?
    08-09-09 06:18 PM
    If you're within your first 30 days, all you have to do is tell them to give you a new phone or cancel your contract. I guarntee you'll be leaving the store with a new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 07:22 PM
    It was a tough road for me as well. I tried to return my tour for trackball issues and the mic wasn't working properly. They said they wouldn't return it because it is a known issue and there waiting to hear back from rim, so if they give me a new one it will probably have the same issue. I said my friend bought one from you all like 3 days ago and his is fine. They responded with saying most aren't. I said well if there bad people are just gonna return them anyway so lets start opening them and weed out the bad ones. They said they cant do that. I said and you cant sell people broken phones. End result I left pissed. So I called CS and they said they have no problem shipping me out a new one but I'd have to pay $299 with a credit card and I'd get it back 2-10 after receiving my old one, so I went off. They said you could return it to a store. At this point I want to smack the Sh*t out of someone. They said they have to return it, its within 30 days. I said tell them that. So they noted my account. I went in and they told them I want a new one and CS noted my account and everything. They said they were out of stock. So I left and had my Wife call 15 mins later to see if they had any in stock, they said they had five. I turned around, walked in and blew the f*ck up. They gave me a new one and now In trying to figure out how to get him in trouble for this.I personally think the best way is to wait till I see him off the clock and off sprint premises. I was so furious I didn't even get his name. But I sure as **** will know him when I see him. I could walk back in there and find out his name but I don't want the stress yet, give it a day or two, this happened yesterday. Sorry for not using quotes or whatever. But this is what I'm willing to go through for my tour
    08-09-09 08:51 PM
    It was a tough road for me as well. I tried to return my tour for trackball issues and the mic wasn't working properly. They said they wouldn't return it because it is a known issue and there waiting to hear back from rim, so if they give me a new one it will probably have the same issue. I said my friend bought one from you all like 3 days ago and his is fine. They responded with saying most aren't. I said well if there bad people are just gonna return them anyway so lets start opening them and weed out the bad ones. They said they cant do that. I said and you cant sell people broken phones. End result I left pissed. So I called CS and they said they have no problem shipping me out a new one but I'd have to pay $299 with a credit card and I'd get it back 2-10 after receiving my old one, so I went off. They said you could return it to a store. At this point I want to smack the Sh*t out of someone. They said they have to return it, its within 30 days. I said tell them that. So they noted my account. I went in and they told them I want a new one and CS noted my account and everything. They said they were out of stock. So I left and had my Wife call 15 mins later to see if they had any in stock, they said they had five. I turned around, walked in and blew the f*ck up. They gave me a new one and now In trying to figure out how to get him in trouble for this.I personally think the best way is to wait till I see him off the clock and off sprint premises. I was so furious I didn't even get his name. But I sure as **** will know him when I see him. I could walk back in there and find out his name but I don't want the stress yet, give it a day or two, this happened yesterday. Sorry for not using quotes or whatever. But this is what I'm willing to go through for my tour
    When or if you go back to Sprint store ask rep helping you for survey sheet...ever store rep has their own survey sheets with name on them.
    If store rep tells you they don't have give retentions a call.
    Distract manger will be notified with someone getting in big big trouble.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-09-09 at 09:10 PM.
    08-09-09 09:03 PM
    I used Sprint several years ago, and I got so sick of the snotty, uninformed employees and bad tech support. Quit them, went to Verizon...and here I have stayed. These guys are great, and the coverage is great. So says Consumer Reports, too.
    08-10-09 09:54 AM
    I used Sprint several years ago, and I got so sick of the snotty, uninformed employees and bad tech support. Quit them, went to Verizon...and here I have stayed. These guys are great, and the coverage is great. So says Consumer Reports, too.
    Yeah well lots and lot sof people are having the same problems with trying to return phones for these issues at the stores as well.

To the OP that sucks I'd be pissed to.. They did that to me with my curve for the signal issues.. Told me that's how blackberrys are lol. Needless to say I ended up gettin gto return the curve at my 35day mark for a Tour.
    08-10-09 11:02 AM
    Yeah well lots and lot sof people are having the same problems with trying to return phones for these issues at the stores as well.
    I am on my 3rd Tour. Got no problems in the store...
    08-10-09 11:11 AM
    I am on my 3rd Tour. Got no problems in the store...
    Ah I guess you're one of the lucky ones. I've just read alot of it on here. Luckily I'm on my 1st tour and it's fine
    08-10-09 11:15 AM
    Best thing I can suggest is to go to a real Verizon store, not one of those places that sells everything. I brought my first Tour in with a bad problem---it had a gray screen with that little clock in the middle - permanently! They immediately declared it DOA and gave me another, which works perfectly. If you run into a poorly-run store, try another!
    08-10-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD