Hey everyone,
    I'm obviously new to the forums here, just picked up my first blackberry, The Tour, and I'm loving it.

I have one question though,
    Is there an application or shortcut that simply allows me to toggle the LCD backlight on and off without locking or muting the device?

I would love to be able to send a text or email, toggle the backlight off by pressing my leftside convenience key or an ALT+ shortcut and wait for a response without having to completely lock and unlock my phone.

Also it would save battery life, because instead of waiting 10 seconds for the backlight to time out, you'd be able to turn the backlight off instantly if there was an app or shortcut

Thanks for the read, and thank all of you for making this forum an amazing resource for all blackberry users, old and new (like me )

-Mitch
    Last edited by atbcxmitch; 07-23-09 at 12:56 AM.
    07-23-09 12:34 AM
    Anyone have any insight on this?
    07-24-09 01:15 PM
    Anyone have any insight on this?
    It's funny you should mention that because having had an 8830 previously I thought that the power button on the left side of the handset which allowed you to toggle the backlight as well was much more useful than the stupid lock button we know find in it's place. It makes me wonder to people actually test the usability of phones before they go to market with them. I mean you can lock the device very simply with the homescreen icon or by pressing "k". The backlight toggle would have been much more useful....
    07-24-09 02:22 PM
    yeah. thats probably my only complaint about the phone. i do miss that feature.
    07-24-09 02:27 PM
    Someone should develop a simple app, you know itd be a good seller
    07-24-09 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD