I put my Tour into Bedside Mode (set to disable LED and dim screen) while it's charging at night and I leave the clock application open (it's not set to be open when charging).

The backlight is set to turn off in 10 seconds normally, which is does, but when I wake up in the morning or in the middle of the night the clock is displayed with the backlight dimly lit just sitting on my bedside table.

I'd like to keep the backlight completely off after it's set to go off in 10 seconds. It doesn't bother me, I just feel like it's doing something to the battery or screen. Does it automatically come on when I receive an SMS, email, etc. during the night or is there a setting I can't find? Thanks for your help!
    08-01-09 06:39 PM
    I put my Tour into Bedside Mode (set to disable LED and dim screen) while it's charging at night and I leave the clock application open (it's not set to be open when charging).

The backlight is set to turn off in 10 seconds normally, which is does, but when I wake up in the morning or in the middle of the night the clock is displayed with the backlight dimly lit just sitting on my bedside table.

I'd like to keep the backlight completely off after it's set to go off in 10 seconds. It doesn't bother me, I just feel like it's doing something to the battery or screen. Does it automatically come on when I receive an SMS, email, etc. during the night or is there a setting I can't find? Thanks for your help!
    when you have the clock open and u put it in bedside mode, the screen dims down with the clock displayed. People use that as there alarm clock at night that way so there not blinded by the bright lights of the phone.

if you want the clock off when in bedside mode, just hit the red end key once and the screen will go black
    08-01-09 06:42 PM
    when you have the clock open and u put it in bedside mode, the screen dims down with the clock displayed. People use that as there alarm clock at night that way so there not blinded by the bright lights of the phone.

if you want the clock off when in bedside mode, just hit the red end key once and the screen will go black
    The screen goes black even with the clock open after a few seconds (after the keyboard does). I'm just wondering why it doesn't stay that way. And when I click the red end key I return to the main menu...
    08-01-09 10:16 PM
    I just tried leaving the clock open again and a few minutes after the screen went black it dimly lit with the clock displayed again. I then went back to the main screen by hitting the red end key multiple times and the clock hasn't lit itself. I guess I had to minimize the application, which is basically what you said, haha. I just didn't understand you just meant get out of the application. Thanks a lot mjbesen310!
    08-01-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD