Hey guys i just replaced my first tour due to major trackball issues and i was wondering how do i backup and restore my old tour to my new tour if there's two different os's? My original tour was a .40 os since i had never upgraded it, and the new one is .61. Is there anyway i can do this? I would also like to have the my new tour be EXACTLY like my old one, including same icon arrangement etc. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
    01-25-10 11:02 PM
    Use desktop manager to create a backup file from the old tour Then restore that file on your new tour
    01-25-10 11:23 PM
    No.. It only backs up phone books and all the information.

Not the OS

To get your programs you have to do that "transfer info from one black berry to another"

1.) First download your new OS

2.) Then transfer from programs with the "one BB to another"

3) Then back up to get your phonebook..

Did that on friday ... This tour is 3 days in use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 12:52 AM
    the above directions are only complete if you have both of the tours on you when you do the transfer(which you prob wont)

you need to follow the directions on how to back up third party programs to get the apps back without having to redownload them

the backup file part is correct(it will save EVERYTHING settings wise)

i do however recommend reloading the backup file after you have all the programs back on your new berry
    01-26-10 01:51 AM
    Is there any way I can get my new phone to be 4.7.40 also? I tried backing up third party apps to my new phone but it says its not compatible in DM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 07:12 AM
    Can anyone help? Im desperate here
    01-26-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD