this is my first blackberry (love it btw), and i was wondering how programs are completely closed out. I just got a little bit of lag and i thought maybe because i just downloaded vilgo or if i had a lot of applications running. Is there anyway to shut them down or are they only running when i actually click on them and load them up.
    07-16-09 04:48 PM
    If you hit the end button it will put your open programs in the background. Press and hold the bb key to show what programs are currently running.

Most apps will shut down if you press and hold the back key, but others you have to open the app and hit the bb key and select exit or close

There will always be 5 apps running, home, bb messenger, browser, phone, and messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 04:53 PM
    If you hit the end button it will put your open programs in the background. Press and hold the bb key to show what programs are currently running.

Most apps will shut down if you press and hold the back key, but others you have to open the app and hit the bb key and select exit or close

There will always be 5 apps running, home, bb messenger, browser, phone, and messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Exactly. That was the perfect answer. Unless you want the application (or menu) to be running in the background, ALWAYS hit the BB button and the scroll down to "close" or "exit".
    07-16-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD