...and I must say, I do not regret it. lol. I had the Storm2 but I just missed the physical keyboard. It'd been running smooth on the 5.0 hybrid. Opera Beta 5 and Beejive make it worth the while even more. Battery life is superb...yeupp, Im backkkkkk. Just wanted to say hi. lol
    01-03-10 05:06 PM
    Welcome back.....if ya don't mind me asking, how long did the process of loadin up 5.0 on your tour? I can't take the wait anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-10 05:13 PM
    I went from a Storm to a Tour and will NOT look back. Trying them in the store I thought the cool factor of the storm is what I wanted and wasnt sure about the keyboard on the Tour. Bad move. Cost me some extra cash but so worth it! After I put 5.0 on the Storm I was re invigorated a bit and didnt want to switch. That didnt last long. I LOVE this phone. Putting 5.0 on my Tour didnt really take long 20-30 min maybe?

01-03-10 05:27 PM
    ...and I must say, I do not regret it. lol. I had the Storm2 but I just missed the physical keyboard. It'd been running smooth on the 5.0 hybrid. Opera Beta 5 and Beejive make it worth the while even more. Battery life is superb...yeupp, Im backkkkkk. Just wanted to say hi. lol
    I know how you feel. About 2 months ago I change over to verizon from ATT and had the bold. If i could have put the bold on verizon i would have. I tired the storm 2 and liked it at first but then as the weeks went by, i realized how much longer it took me to actually accomplish things. Also not to mention some of the issues i would have with it such as the lag factor when typing in landscape mode and buttons becoming unresponsive at times. I took it back at the end of the 30 day mark and switched over to the tour. I have been loving it since. As far as battery life I couldn't take it. I got the seidio 2600 extended battery and now everything is great.
    01-03-10 05:51 PM
    I know how you feel. About 2 months ago I change over to verizon from ATT and had the bold. If i could have put the bold on verizon i would have. I tired the storm 2 and liked it at first but then as the weeks went by, i realized how much longer it took me to actually accomplish things. Also not to mention some of the issues i would have with it such as the lag factor when typing in landscape mode and buttons becoming unresponsive at times. I took it back at the end of the 30 day mark and switched over to the tour. I have been loving it since. As far as battery life I couldn't take it. I got the seidio 2600 extended battery and now everything is great.
    I use the phone A LOT and can get through the day on a charge but I do have to charge every night. Thought about the extended batt. How much does it add in terms of size to the phone. Noticeable?
    01-03-10 06:15 PM
    I use the phone A LOT and can get through the day on a charge but I do have to charge every night. Thought about the extended batt. How much does it add in terms of size to the phone. Noticeable?
    I have the extended battery and am very happy with it- I added some bulk but not too much. What was added i happen to like. I'm also using the Seidio extended 360 case which works well too especially with the bundled holster. I also have a eAccess slip case (using the Bold 9000 ver since the added bulk is similar in size to the 9000) which works well too

Enjoy !

Fred
    01-03-10 06:22 PM
    Welcome back.....if ya don't mind me asking, how long did the process of loadin up 5.0 on your tour? I can't take the wait anymore.

to wipe and redo the OS via the loader...id say 15 minutes
    01-03-10 09:06 PM
    It took me more like 30 minutes. Everyone was saying 30-60, so 30 was perfectly ok with me.
    01-03-10 10:19 PM
    The added bulk is very slim. So slim however that you can still use the holster that it comes with. It will still fit. It a little tighter but still works fine. Maybe that should give you an idea. I will tell you that the battery is well worth the added performance you get. easily get a couple days out of it while actually using your phone for everything. not just looking at your phone checking out your battery meter
    01-04-10 12:44 AM
    Welcome back to the family!

Between downloading the files needed, creating a restore on your berry, loading .230 LEAK, shrinking the OS for the hybrid and configuring back my settings, took about 40 minutes. Actually, the longest waits are actually when you need to let the device reset!

I'll never look back on 4.7 after the hybrid, though they may be small features, i'll never know how i managed without them.

To me, the tour is the perfect berry, though its not compatible with T-mobile's 3G Frequency :<

May be making the leap to the 9700 soon, unless somehow the 9650 supports the T-mobile 3G.
    01-04-10 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD