The Aux port/jack does not seem to be function when using the media player.
    If I use Pandora I can use the Aux port for headphones, or even plug into a stereo and it works fine.
    If I try to play music files from my BB using the media player hooked to the stereo, as soon as I plug in I get a headphone emblem with a speaker and a line thru it, like it is muted. Pressing the mute button pauses the song. It does not play thru the stereo. I have tried everything I can think of and can't figure this out.

Any suggestions?
    06-10-10 11:38 AM
    What OS are you running? It is most likely a bug that cannot be fixed. One thing I would try first is while you're plugging the AUX cable into your device, don't push it in all the way. Leave it out a little bit so that you're able to see a small amount of the metal on the plug. The reason I bring this suggestion up is because sometimes when I plug my headphones into my 9630 while listening to the media player, I won't get any sound if the plug is pushed in all the way. Have it stick out a little bit.

Also make sure your speakers are not muted. If none of those work you might want to look into loading a different OS.
    06-10-10 11:51 AM
    Try turning the volume up?
    06-10-10 12:19 PM
    Sometimes if I have been listening to something (be it music via media player or a podcast via podtrapper) via my headphone jack into a casette adapter, and a call comes in over the bluetooth speaker, after the call is done, playback resumes but through the BB speaker. When this happens, I just pull out the casette adapter plug and push it back in and all is swell.....
    06-10-10 12:27 PM
    What OS are you running? It is most likely a bug that cannot be fixed. One thing I would try first is while you're plugging the AUX cable into your device, don't push it in all the way. Leave it out a little bit so that you're able to see a small amount of the metal on the plug. The reason I bring this suggestion up is because sometimes when I plug my headphones into my 9630 while listening to the media player, I won't get any sound if the plug is pushed in all the way. Have it stick out a little bit.

Also make sure your speakers are not muted. If none of those work you might want to look into loading a different OS.

v5.0.0.624
    Tried pushing the plug only part way in, does not help.
    Speakers are not muted, same setup works fine for Pandora.

I really don't want to change the OS.
    06-10-10 12:59 PM
    643 runs perfectly.
    06-10-10 02:25 PM
    v5.0.0.624
    Tried pushing the plug only part way in, does not help.
    Speakers are not muted, same setup works fine for Pandora.

I really don't want to change the OS.
    Well if this issue is a bug in the OS then you might not have any other option than to load a different OS.
    06-10-10 02:41 PM
    Well if this issue is a bug in the OS then you might not have any other option than to load a different OS.
    Yeah, that has occurred to me!

Do you know if there is a more current OS than what I have?
    06-10-10 02:43 PM
    I would recommend .662. It is a leaked OS but I have had very good results with. Make sure you backup your device before installing.

BlackberryOS Download Center - RIM BlackBerry operating Software download center
    06-10-10 06:20 PM
    If the phone doesn't work as it is supposed to after an official OS update, don't I have the right to one that does?

Is it possible to take this up with Sprint?

Do I have a leg to stand on?
    06-11-10 06:24 AM
    If the phone doesn't work as it is supposed to after an official OS update, don't I have the right to one that does? Is it possible to take this up with Sprint?

Do I have a leg to stand on?
    If this is the case and you're within your 1st year or have insurance (does Sprint do this like VZW does?) you can try and make a claim on your warranty or insurance for a new device.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-11-10 06:34 AM
    If this is the case and you're within your 1st year or have insurance (does Sprint do this like VZW does?) you can try and make a claim on your warranty or insurance for a new device.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I guess my question is, even if I get a new BB and update to the latest OS, will I have the same problem?
    06-11-10 06:37 AM
    I called Sprint "tecnical service" she told me to take it to an authorized repair center. Did that. They order me a replacement BB and said not to upgrade the OS. WTF?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 01:33 PM
    A replacement might not have been completely necessary, but I guess it can't hurt. Just make sure you backup all your stuff and then you should be good to go once the new device arrives. You can then do a security wipe (found in the security settings) on your original device.
    06-11-10 02:43 PM
    Got the new BB. Upgraded the OS. Media player not working with headphones.

I don't know why I bothered.
    06-15-10 03:12 PM
    Man, that sux. I just got my replacement in today, but I left my headphones at home, so I can't try it yet. I wonder if there is a MP upgrade available or a patch somewhere? If it can happen on two phones then surely someone else has heard of it...
    06-15-10 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD