It worked fine for the first 10months ... Now blammo, nadda!

When I type an email (compose new, reply or forward), my email addresses from my contacts now longer auto-magically auto-fill. It doesn't matter what category the contact is from.

I've tried alt "rbld" in the contacts. I've restarted about 15times over the last week, even with the almighty battery pull. I've tried re-syncing multiple times. I've removed and re-installed my email accounts. I've spent more time trying to fix it than typing in the dern addresses at this point, it's just so blastedly inconvenient and time consuming with my excessive emailing for work. I'm ready to try a stick dynamite attached to the phone, but thought it was a lil extreme, so I'm asking for help first... "HELP!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 01:06 AM
    I am having the same issue so wanted to get on this thread instead of starting a new one. It used to be when I would compose a new email I could start typing in a name in the "TO:" field and the phone would start auto-populating or listing names from my CONTACTS to select from, but it no longer does this.

Yet, if I type in the entire email address and hit the ENTER button, it will then enter the "TO:" field with the contacts name associated with that email address.

So, anyone have any ideas why this would start happening all the sudden?

I have the Tour and Verizon is my carrier.
    06-17-10 10:45 AM
    You might try the ol' battery pull - with the phone ON, remove the battery for about 30-40 seconds. Replace and see if that resets it properly.
    06-17-10 07:51 PM
    You might try the ol' battery pull - with the phone ON, remove the battery for about 30-40 seconds. Replace and see if that resets it properly.
    I know I have tried that - a couple of times - and still having the issue...
    06-17-10 08:20 PM
    I had the same issue for the last week and neither RIM nor VZW could fix it. The following worked for me:
    Go into your email box, go to options > General Option
    My "Show Recent Contacts when Composing Email" was set as a Yes. I changed that to NO and waa'laa!
    anthonymaw likes this.
    06-26-10 11:18 PM
    Well, finally decided I would do a backup with Desktop Manager and have it check for new applications/etc through there. When it hooked it said there was a new OS from Verizon. Downloaded that and other updates, rebooted during that process, and ever since then has been working just fine again...
    06-28-10 08:42 AM
    I had the same issue for the last week and neither RIM nor VZW could fix it. The following worked for me:
    My "Show Recent Contacts when Composing Email" was set as a Yes. I changed that to NO and waa'laa!
    Awesome! That fixed it for me!!
    07-29-10 02:04 PM
    This solved my issue too
    08-24-10 03:44 PM
    Brill it worked for me,cheers
    09-21-10 08:00 AM
    Fab! worked for me! 8530

I had this problem...just today. 3hrs mess'n around with the dang thing. I had recently updated app world...thought that was what happend. weird!

Thanks!!
    10-10-10 07:33 PM
    Awesome! That fixed it for me!!
    OMG!!! Thanks a lot dude!
    I have had the same problem for over 3 months now and the only way i figured to fix it was completely rebooting my phone to factory setting and loading back my addresses to it.
    If it helps, everything got screwed up again the minute I sync with my computer.
    I've tried your suggestion and IT WORKED!!!!
    Simply awesome!!!
    03-19-11 12:18 AM
    I had the same problem and found that a new app or upgrade can easliy cause this. The only way I have found to correct this is to back up the phone, then do a security wipe. Once done re-sync the phone only with no new added applications -check it. It should then work fine - then only install the applicationz(s) you had on the phone up until it started to cause the problem.
    04-27-11 02:40 PM
    @nickwah22, thanks a tonne buddy...it even worked perfectly for me...i was facing this problem for last one month.....thanks alot...
    11-09-11 09:19 AM
    or perhaps from settings where it is wrong and less? help me please.
    11-11-11 11:57 AM
    Yes this solution worked for me. I was almost gonna wipe and re-activate but this was the simple quick-fix. Thanks from Vancouver, Canada. ;-)
    03-27-13 06:07 PM
    Why doesn't z10 auto suggest email addresses not in contacts. My other bb's did automatically after tying just a few letters. Thx for all the great info on cb, new here, but his stumps me
    06-09-13 01:48 PM
    With the new blackberries like z10/q10/Classic/Passport, there is a key series to block certain contacts that can be pressed by accident. Without having a blackberry infront of me to tell you the exact steps, go into the mail app/hub & go into settings (3 vertical dots on the right) general and there is something like blocked users. Remove all contacts from there and they should auto complete when emailing users after that. Worked for my client anyway.
    05-21-15 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD