I lost my tour and Asurion sent me a new Tour today but i noticed that they didn't send me the SIM card ... do i really need the SIM? Should i call back Asurion and ask for the sim or should i call Sprint and request the SIM card.

Thanks
    07-21-10 05:46 PM
    You don't need a SIM if you are using the device on Sprint.
    They probably should have sent you one if your previous device came with one.
    Call Asurion first and report it to them.
    07-21-10 06:26 PM
    In short, you don't need it, at least not for use on Sprint's network.
    07-21-10 06:31 PM
    But if i want to use the device international i need the sim right?

I just want to know whether Asurion usually send the SIM with the phone or not.

Thanks
    07-21-10 07:13 PM
    But if i want to use the device international i need the sim right?

I just want to know whether Asurion usually send the SIM with the phone or not.

Thanks
    I don't know a lot about either area here...

If you need to use internationally, I believe your best best is to get phone unlocked (if it isn't already), and get a SIM for where you are going...
    07-21-10 08:47 PM
    The Sprint sim is required /if/ you plan on using Sprint overseas. Since Sprint doesn't currently have an international data plan, it's probably more financially sound to get a prepaid sim for wherever you're going. Make sure your phone is unlocked before you go. If/when Sprint starts offering International Data (unlimited) again, you'll probably need that Sprint sim. I'd call Asurion about it, see what they say. Or call Sprint.

Since the Sprint network is CDMA, you don't need a sim to use it here.
    07-21-10 08:52 PM
    The Sprint sim is required /if/ you plan on using Sprint overseas. Since Sprint doesn't currently have an international data plan, it's probably more financially sound to get a prepaid sim for wherever you're going. Make sure your phone is unlocked before you go. If/when Sprint starts offering International Data (unlimited) again, you'll probably need that Sprint sim. I'd call Asurion about it, see what they say. Or call Sprint.

Since the Sprint network is CDMA, you don't need a sim to use it here.
    Wait a minute, last time I checked, Sprint DID have an International Data Plan, ($40 add-on to your current data plan).
    07-21-10 11:27 PM
    Wait a minute, last time I checked, Sprint DID have an International Data Plan, ($40 add-on to your current data plan).
    As of Mid July, it is discontinued, unfortunately.

I'm waiting to see if they decide to revamp it - would be freaking nice. But as of now the only international travel plan they've got is the $4.99/mo discount calling plan (which doesn't discount much) and the $2.99 Canada calling plan ($0.20/min in and out while roaming in Canada).

They don't have any international data plans currently.
    07-21-10 11:50 PM
    As of Mid July, it is discontinued, unfortunately.

I'm waiting to see if they decide to revamp it - would be freaking nice. But as of now the only international travel plan they've got is the $4.99/mo discount calling plan (which doesn't discount much) and the $2.99 Canada calling plan ($0.20/min in and out while roaming in Canada).

They don't have any international data plans currently.
    The Sprint 9650 is unlocked out of the box, so you won't need Sprint for international use. You can buy a prepaid SIM card from any international carrier and use it, since you have an unlocked BlackBerry.
    07-21-10 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD