I've chosen to use the gmail app for my email but as a result I do not have an email associated with the phone so I can't send out BBM contact requests. Is there a way to link my gmail address from the gmail app to my contact info so that I have an email associated iwth my phone profile?
    10-13-09 01:14 PM
    Since you are a Verizon customer, go here https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en, log in, and set up your gmail account through Blackberry Internet Service, instead of using the Google App. With this, you can use the contacts on your device with your gmail address.
    10-13-09 01:24 PM
    I do the same thing. I prefer the GMail app.

I ended up setting up a vzw.blackberry.com email acct to be able to send things from the phone because you can't use the GMail account if it isn't set up through BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 01:33 PM
    So you guys have the gmail app, AND have gmail set up through your BIS account??
    10-13-09 02:23 PM
    I know this is an old thread...but I am not able to access the BIS link through Verizon. When I put my phone PIN and MEID numbers in I get a message that I can't access through html or some such thing.

I set up gmail on my BB Tour, and it seems to work fine except I'm getting duplicate emails - one to the email folder, and one to a "message" folder.
    Advice, please?
    10-13-09 03:31 PM
    I use both. I like the gmail mobile app for my google apps hosted acount as it allows me to scroll through ALL my mail and manage it just like I was on my computer.. And I can delete and archive, etc. and it will make the changes on the gmail account just as if I was on my computer. I also have the same account set up with BIS. This is what I use to view quickly, reply, etc. I love BIS push email. I keep the gmail mobile closed except when I want to go into ALL my mail. There is enough functionality difference to make them both worthwhile for me.
    10-13-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD