Verizon Confirms Existing Customers will be able to Order BlackBerry Tour Tomorrow (Hopefully) | BerryReview.com

"I just spoke to a Verizon spokesperson and got positive confirmation that existing customers will be able to upgrade to the BlackBerry Tour. They told me that there was a minor glitch in the system and they are working to let existing customers upgrade on the pre-order site by tomorrow (July 2nd). They also confirmed that all customers will be able to purchase the phone on July 12th. So what are you waiting for? Keep refreshing your browser until tomorrow and let me know when it is available!"

I am plugging specifically on the part that is bolded..

I don't usually plug but I didn't notice this posted elsewhere
    07-01-09 11:22 PM
    good news!!
    07-01-09 11:26 PM
    ok. 27 minutes til tomorrow. i hope it's fixed!
    07-01-09 11:32 PM
    That's a big "no ****" to the bolded text lol

Hopefully we can get our pre orders in.
    07-01-09 11:38 PM
    That's a big "no ****" to the bolded text lol

Hopefully we can get our pre orders in.

the reason I bolded the text is that people speculate that they wont sell the phone for full retail and only to those renewing or signing contracts and thats why I believe they made the statement..
    07-01-09 11:40 PM
    on the day of launch any and all customers can walk in and buy the device.. Sure stores would prefer to get those new customers but they shouldn't and cant refuse to see a device at full retail to a existing customer..
    07-01-09 11:44 PM
    on the day of launch any and all customers can walk in and buy the device.. Sure stores would prefer to get those new customers but they shouldn't and cant refuse to see a device at full retail to a existing customer..

thats kind of my point and I will be one of the people making sure I grab some accessories to help the employee out thats selling it to me
    07-01-09 11:47 PM
    the reason I bolded the text is that people speculate that they wont sell the phone for full retail and only to those renewing or signing contracts and thats why I believe they made the statement..
    I think i was misunderstood. I was not in any way, trying to be a smart *** towards you. It was kind of a statement thrown out there on behave of Verizon. Sorry for the confusion.
    07-01-09 11:53 PM
    thats kind of my point and I will be one of the people making sure I grab some accessories to help the employee out thats selling it to me
    thats always a good idea... the store that you get it from can be a long lasting relationship.. You can get all types of perks by supporting them and ensuring that store is there when you need them...
    07-01-09 11:56 PM
    I think i was misunderstood. I was not in any way, trying to be a smart *** towards you. It was kind of a statement thrown out there on behave of Verizon. Sorry for the confusion.

no no no misunderstanding my response was not meant in a rude sense at all.. I just didn't know if you understood what I meant about the bolded text I didn't take your post as being mean towards me
    07-01-09 11:58 PM
    plus, the store is a lot of fun lol.

kinda reminds me of toys r us as a kid
    07-02-09 12:12 AM
    plus, the store is a lot of fun lol.

kinda reminds me of toys r us as a kid
    i just like ripping the box out of the poor fedex guy's hands and tearing the box to pieces, like christmas morning.
    plus i'm not crazy about the reps at my local verizon store
    07-02-09 12:44 AM
    i just like ripping the box out of the poor fedex guy's hands and tearing the box to pieces, like christmas morning.

see for me its more of a ritual..

I put a pillow in my passenger seat and make sure that baby is seatbelted in all the way home then I light candles.......

did I just say that?

07-02-09 12:46 AM
    see for me its more of a ritual..

I put a pillow in my passenger seat and make sure that baby is seatbelted in all the way home then I light candles.......

did I just say that?

lol that's pretty cool, i would definitely do the same thing. or i'd have it cradled in my lap. or i would rip the phone out of the reps hands. either way it's like a kid in a candy shop!

and this is why we're all crackberry members
    07-02-09 12:53 AM
    I don't know. I don't like going to the stores because every time I do the reps try and tell me complete lies to sell me a phone. This one **** tried to tell me Verizon is better because it runs on a higher frequency which means the quality is better. Total bull**** and I called her on it and she shut up and walked away. And they've tried the Megapixel bullcrap on me and all other random ****. I don't deal with people that lie just to get a commission.
    07-02-09 01:02 AM
    I say, if you can go to a decent Best Buy Mobile...one you can trust, they at least don't work on commission. They attempt to give impartial and hopefully informed advice. Now, when they start trying to sell you all the accessories under the sun one may get perturbed. I called today to BBYM and they said their RSS was not getting it till the 26th, surely that could/would change. Today, I also venture into a VZW store and they SR looked surprised when I told him about no upgrades on the website. He commented how he would take the note and tell corporate....oh give me heartburn!
    07-02-09 01:53 AM
    like this?
    07-02-09 06:15 AM
    I really can't stand going to the verizon store. you have to sign your name and then wait for someone to call you just to ask some questions about a phone. It's the worst. I walk in there only to pick up different phones and try them out and then walk out. I never speak to anyone there. Best Buy is much better.

As for the OP, I'm still waiting for pre-order to be available through my corporate plan. I contacted the plan administrator and he said he is waiting for word on the pre-order.
    07-02-09 08:43 AM
    I dont like going to the store because I hate the fact that the associate has to open MY brand new phone and handle it before me! I want to open the box, I want to be the first to touch it.
    07-02-09 09:28 AM
    Upgrading via preorder does not work yet, at 11am EST. I read elsewhere that existing customers wouldn't be able to preorder and that it was NOT a website glitch.

Can anyone truly confirm or deny these rumors so we will know once and for all what the proper course of action is?
    07-02-09 10:07 AM
    I dont like going to the store because I hate the fact that the associate has to open MY brand new phone and handle it before me! I want to open the box, I want to be the first to touch it.
    Same here! I don't want some random rep opening up my phone and rubbing their hands all over it! Unboxing something (could be anything) is half the fun and excitement!
    07-02-09 10:17 AM
    07-02-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD