Ive been searching the forums and google trying to find the answer and I'm getting confused.

When you guys 'wipe' your phone, are you guys 'reinstalling' your OS as if you were to reinstall your OS on your computer? And if so, can you guys choose what gets installed and doesnt? And how would you guys delete wallpapers, videos etc.. before it gets installed? Or is it something you just have to delete after its installed? And are there any other memory hogs that you guys would reccomend to delete?

Oh and this whole 'reinstalling,' is it supported by blackberry? What programs do you guys use?

Sorry for all these questions but I just got my tour yesterday and I just wanna know as much as I can about it
    08-01-09 02:58 PM
    You might want to get better acquainted with your BB before attempting any OS tweaks

Check out the 101 Lecture series fo a wealth of information on your new BB.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 03:06 PM
    If you just got your Tour yesterday, I recommend you not tweak the OS for a while. You've got plenty of memory. Learn how the BlackBerry works first. Then you'll know what you want to delete. The CrackBerry Memory Optimization procedure that's linked in my sig is a great place to start.
    08-01-09 03:06 PM
    You might want to get better acquainted with your BB before attempting any OS tweaks

Check out the 101 Lecture series fo a wealth of information on your new BB.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/

I second this motion.

Don't play with it if you aren't going to be able to fix it.

And yes, it is the equivalent of say, wiping Windows XP on it and reinstalling it fresh.
    08-01-09 03:08 PM
    I learned this the hard way. I thought I was seasoned after constantly modifying my Curve and tinkering with my Storm's OS but I almost managed to kill my Tour last night and I was up to 7AM fixing and restoring it.

Give it some time before you start playing around with it.
    08-01-09 04:09 PM
    There is a lot of useful information in this forum too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/

08-01-09 04:13 PM
    How do you restore a tour? what does the restore do? I might have to restore as when I copied from an old BB to the Tour I cant setup my email now
    08-01-09 09:25 PM
    If you just got your Tour yesterday, I recommend you not tweak the OS for a while. You've got plenty of memory. Learn how the BlackBerry works first. Then you'll know what you want to delete. The CrackBerry Memory Optimization procedure that's linked in my sig is a great place to start.
    took the words right out of my mouth
    08-01-09 09:34 PM
    How do you restore a tour? what does the restore do? I might have to restore as when I copied from an old BB to the Tour I cant setup my email now
    Copying your personal data from another BlackBerry to your Tour is unlikely to have caused any damage that would require your to reload the OS. Was email working before you copied your data?
    08-01-09 09:37 PM
    Amen to these postings. It is not some magical cure to wipe your BB and reload. I highly suggest you try all other options before doing this. I probably did it 8 - 10 times with my Storm, but only for upgrading to a new leaked OS. There is probably something else that went wrong and does not need this drastic of a fix.
    08-01-09 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD