...is attempting to access phone information".

Can someone please explain this message that appeared on my 2-day old Tour after I rebooted for the first time.

Do I allow access or deny?

Thanks,
    Howard
    11-27-09 10:33 AM
    Are you using or have you installed the application?
    11-27-09 10:34 AM
    I didn't think I had installed anything yet... only tried (unsuccessfully so far) to pair BT w a Plantronics and left my phone to charge overnight via usb, only to find it completely dead this am... now charging via electric.
    11-27-09 11:33 AM
    sounds like it is either a used tour with that app installed, or somebody got a hold of the phone so they could watch what you are doing..
    either way, i would delete the app by going to options>applications> navigate to MiQ and press menu>delete.
    11-27-09 11:57 AM
    unless best buy is now having that app put on phones.. did you buy the tour from best buy?
    11-27-09 12:01 PM
    If you bought the phone from Best Buy that app comes on there standard. It is a free app that backups up everything for you, photos, call/sms logs, contacts...it does it online. I love it. Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: mIQ
    11-27-09 12:11 PM
    Will this app back things up to my Mac? Are BBs generally Mac friendly?
    I tried downloading the 5.0 hybrid software and it came in as a Windows .exe file.
    Thanks for all input,
    Howard
    11-27-09 01:07 PM
    it backs everything up online at Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: mIQ you do need to create an account. anywsys, since it online it doesnt matter what computer you use
    11-27-09 01:11 PM
    I didn't even realize it was "m I Q", thought it was "m L Q"...
    Looks useful, guess I'll check it out.

Thanks,
    Howard
    11-27-09 02:23 PM
    We're Mac and PC friendly

Let me know if you need help with the setup!
    12-01-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD