So last night at 2:30am my application memory was at 99.1. Today this morning it was at 90.4. Then I switched themes and it jumped up to 94.6. Why is this happening? And most importantly what is this memory getting used for? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 11:28 AM
    There's always some memory in use. 80 or 90 is plenty! (I was playing with my friend's 8830 WE last week and his was like 5.9 or so!)

Your BB needs a periodic battery pull to reset and refresh. After doing so you'll see in an instant memory gain. (By the way, a battery pull is always recommended after switching Themes.)

A battery pull is done by removing the battery with the phone on. Wait about 60 seconds and then replace the battery. Your Tour takes 5-7 minutes unfortunately to reboot until OS upgrades are released.

A battery pull should be done once a week at least, after changing Themes, or if any features are frozen or appear to be malfunctioning.

09-14-09 11:40 AM
    Also, download QuickPull Lite from App World. It's free and simulates a battery pull reset.
    You can set it to perform a reboot and the same time each day, like 4am while you're sleeping.

09-14-09 11:42 AM
    I know all that about the battery pulls, and quickpull and such. I also know that 80mb is plenty. The only thing that I don't understand is why the amount of memory fluctuates. Usually it just drops. Even if I'm not doing anything or downloading any new apps or themes. This isn't really a problem for me it just peaks my curiosity ya know? Anyway if anyone has an answer that would be really cool. Thanks!!

09-14-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD