I have been charging the phone overnight while it's powered down, but the LED blinks the entire time. I know you can put it in "bedside mode" which takes care of the LED, but I might be nuts because the clock lights up on the lcd screen enough to make my room noticeably brighter and it bothers me when I am trying to sleep. I just need a way to charge this thing while it is completely off without blinking led's or anything. I'm sure there has gotta be a way to do this?
    07-14-09 09:41 AM
    i just lay mine face down on my night stand. my silicon case keeps the screen and keyboard from touching/scratching and i don't have to see any light.
    07-14-09 10:14 AM
    i just lay mine face down on my night stand. my silicon case keeps the screen and keyboard from touching/scratching and i don't have to see any light.
    i do that too, but i can still see the light. There has gotta be a way to shut off the led though, I mean it's so simple and I figured blackberries were very customizable?
    07-14-09 10:17 AM
    Bedside mode, turn phone over? Or bedside mode, exit clock, put in standby mode. (just make sure you load the clock when you wake up or else the LED will stay off)
    07-14-09 10:20 AM
    I have been charging the phone overnight while it's powered down, but the LED blinks the entire time. I know you can put it in "bedside mode" which takes care of the LED, but I might be nuts because the clock lights up on the lcd screen enough to make my room noticeably brighter and it bothers me when I am trying to sleep. I just need a way to charge this thing while it is completely off without blinking led's or anything. I'm sure there has gotta be a way to do this?
    Not sure what color LED your getting, but when I am charging mine, there is no light. I have the LED COVERAGE INDICATOR set to off (found under Options>Screen/Keyboard). This is the GREEN light that flashes when you have service. I never NOT have service so I turn it off. Set that to off and that should do it.
    Last edited by goblue; 07-14-09 at 10:25 AM.
    07-14-09 10:21 AM
    If you set it to bedside mode..the LED will shut off and the screen will dim
    07-14-09 10:25 AM
    Not sure what color LED your getting, but when I am charging mine, there is no light. I have the LED COVERAGE INDICATOR set to off (found under Options>Screen/Keyboard. This is the GREEN light that flashed. Set that to off and that should do it.
    It is a flashing green LED, but I do have the coverage indicator shut off already. It only does it when I hold the end call button and power off the phone. If there is some way to get the phone to not put off any sort of light while it is charging than I could just leave it on but I haven't figured that out yet.
    07-14-09 10:27 AM
    If you set it to bedside mode..the LED will shut off and the screen will dim
    tried bedside mode last night, but it seems like the screen is still slightly illumninated? My room at night is pitch black and even a tiny bit of light screws with me because I need pitch black to sleep.
    07-14-09 10:28 AM
    It is a flashing green LED, but I do have the coverage indicator shut off already. It only does it when I hold the end call button and power off the phone. If there is some way to get the phone to not put off any sort of light while it is charging than I could just leave it on but I haven't figured that out yet.
    Did your try this:

Go to clock, select options, scroll down to BEDSIDE MODE and disable LED and screen?
    07-14-09 10:30 AM
    Can you not just holster it?
    07-14-09 10:32 AM
    Set your device to turn on and turn off automatically

1. On the Home screen, click the Options icon.
    2. Click Auto On/Off.
    3. Set the Weekday field to Enabled.
    4. Specify the times when the BlackBerry� device should turn on and off on weekdays.
    5. Set the Weekend field to Enabled.
    6. Specify the times when the device should turn on and off on weekends.
    7. Press the Menu key.
    8. Click Save.
    07-14-09 10:40 AM
    Did your try this:

Go to clock, select options, scroll down to BEDSIDE MODE and disable LED and screen?
    there is no setting to disable screen, just a "dim screen" setting
    07-14-09 10:49 AM
    Set your device to turn on and turn off automatically

1. On the Home screen, click the Options icon.
    2. Click Auto On/Off.
    3. Set the Weekday field to Enabled.
    4. Specify the times when the BlackBerry� device should turn on and off on weekdays.
    5. Set the Weekend field to Enabled.
    6. Specify the times when the device should turn on and off on weekends.
    7. Press the Menu key.
    8. Click Save.
    I'm sorry but this doesn't help at all with OP's original question of how to get the LED light from flashing while the phone is turned off & charging. I've always had my BlackBerry to automatically turn on & off, but when you charge with the phone off there is a green flashing LED light

I've learned to live with my phone screen down, though, and I don't see the blinking light.

CC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 11:15 PM
    I'm sorry but this doesn't help at all with OP's original question of how to get the LED light from flashing while the phone is turned off & charging. I've always had my BlackBerry to automatically turn on & off, but when you charge with the phone off there is a green flashing LED light

I've learned to live with my phone screen down, though, and I don't see the blinking light.

CC

Won't have to do that anymore, found the fix, you just have to put the phone in standby mode (hold the mute button) and the display is completely off and there is no LED.
    Last edited by davegrun; 07-15-09 at 11:32 PM.
    07-15-09 11:29 PM
    Pluck out the light with a sharp knife... O, wait we're not talking about my ex's eyes's are we? awkward...
    07-15-09 11:32 PM
    Is there anyway to get the LED charging indicator to show while the phone is ON? I don't like the clock to show but I would like to see the same thing like when its charging while the phone is off.
    11-07-09 12:21 PM
    I was thinking duct tape... Red Green would be proud!

11-07-09 01:32 PM
    I don't know about everybody else but I put my phone in the charger upside down at night when I'm charging it that way I don't have to deal with that light.
    11-07-09 01:51 PM
    If you go into sounds and put the phone on "all alerts off" then the LED should not blink at all.
    11-07-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD