I made the switch from the Storm to the Tour and I couldn't be happier. I kind of miss the screen size for viewing pics only. Other than that, it's not a big deal to me. I discovered that I didn't really use it for multimedia purposes, so the large screen size doesn't matter so much to me.

Since the Storm was my first blackberry, I didn't know what I was missing in regards to all the short cuts!! wow!! I feel like once I understand everything this phone can do, I will be WAY more efficient!

A couple of the things I am loving so far:

1. Not having to fight the phone's spell checker.. no more backspace/space to pick the word I want!
    2. being able to just start typing someone's name and have them come up as a contact, instead of having to go to the contacts first
    3. having speed dials for just about every key on the phone
    4. not having to fight with the accelerometer all the time when viewing movies.. I now know how the phone will be oriented all ways!
    5. lastly, I love the physical keyboard!! It keeps up with me and I am liking that I can feel the keys.

It's a great phone so far.
    07-16-09 05:28 PM
    You lost the right to be snarky when you asked the question that you did.

This is a forum for the 9630. If you have problems with 9630, there's a thread for that already and I would suggest using it.

The keyboard and the screen size are things that you cannot change.

The PP was TOTALLY right to tell you to take it back.
    Thanks for the suggestion Puddin Pop....Once again I am well aware that you cannot change the screen and keyboard....I did look around for matching threads...However not everyone has hrs. and hrs. to hang on Crackberry
    07-16-09 05:33 PM
    I have both and like my storm alot better.
    I got the Storm on release date. Got this on release date also. I never understood what the problem with the storm was? I think it is the best BB.
    Storm is my personal phone. The Tour is my work phone.
    Can't say I like the Storm better because I like both of them alot. I am in the same situation as you-Storm for personal/work. Tour for Work alone.

I made the switch from the Storm to the Tour and I couldn't be happier. I kind of miss the screen size for viewing pics only. Other than that, it's not a big deal to me. I discovered that I didn't really use it for multimedia purposes, so the large screen size doesn't matter so much to me.

Since the Storm was my first blackberry, I didn't know what I was missing in regards to all the short cuts!! wow!! I feel like once I understand everything this phone can do, I will be WAY more efficient!

A couple of the things I am loving so far:

1. Not having to fight the phone's spell checker.. no more backspace/space to pick the word I want!
    2. being able to just start typing someone's name and have them come up as a contact, instead of having to go to the contacts first
    3. having speed dials for just about every key on the phone
    4. not having to fight with the accelerometer all the time when viewing movies.. I now know how the phone will be oriented all ways!
    5. lastly, I love the physical keyboard!! It keeps up with me and I am liking that I can feel the keys.

It's a great phone so far.

Agreed with #1 and #2. Really glad for the direct contact access. But there are things the Storm does better as well.
    07-16-09 05:50 PM
    The only thing I miss is the extra large screen. Other than that the Tour is awesome! Glad that I made the switch. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 05:53 PM
    I had the Storm for 2 weeks and really wanted to love it but it was the most frustrating phone I've ever had. The Tour works exactly how a blackberry should. Awesome phone.
    07-16-09 06:06 PM
    Not on your life! I love my new Tour!
    07-16-09 08:42 PM
    I came from the Storm, and while I will miss my Storm dearly, I think the Tour is the way to go. Fast out of the box, trackball/keyboard combo is great, and the phone is gorgeous. I am happy......until the next best thing comes out!!
    07-16-09 09:29 PM
    I haven't had the chance to see a Tour in person yet, so I'll base my comparison on my Storm vs. the Bold I use at work sometimes.

I don't know much about the shortcuts yet (so thanks to whoever said hit R for reply, I can see that being handy), but even still, I enjoy having a physical keyboard. I think it's slightly faster, but I do mean slightly. I've been using touchscreen phones for 3+ years and have never found it that difficult to type on a touchscreen. I probably make a couple more errors, but again, not a huge amount (and I would say I probably make MORE typing errors on most other QWERTY keyboards; the Bold is the best BB keyboard to date, IMO).
    On the flip side, the screen on the Storm is just awesome and it's only that big because of the lack of a keyboard. I prefer touching to tracking most of the time, with the exception being when web surfing. Here's where it gets sticky: it's easier to navigate on the Bold because of the trackball, but it's much easier to see the page itself (due to the larger screen/type) on a Storm.

I still don't understand why they can't get the accelerometer worked out on the Storm (comparing it to the Pre or iPhone, it's just a joke), but with StopTilt and other programs designed to stop auto-rotation, that becomes less of an issue.

The bottom line is, I'm not impressed enough with the Bold to give up my Storm. They both have flaws, because all phones do, but I think overall the Storm is more suited for my needs.
    07-16-09 09:46 PM
    Man I can seem to get used to this tiny a$$ screen,micro keyboard and my notifier led just comes on for no reason....However I have no screen ripple and battery door is nice and snug
    Oh he77 no. I guess some people will never be happy. Good riddance to my storm, sent that pos back today :-)
    07-16-09 11:58 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD