Quick question, if you use headphones/headset, does the music mute itself for anyone else after the first song? The music continues playing, however there is no sound. I have to unplug my headphones, then replug them in, and hit play again, only after that will the music be audible again(for the duration of the stint.)

I have OS 5...230 installed, I'm wondering if 4.7 also does this?
    I am using "BlackBerry Premium Stereo Headset (found here)"

If anyone has experienced this on either OS, or if anyone could quickly test their phone, it would be much appreciated.

If this problem has been stated before I am sorry, I did a search and couldn't find anything relevant.

Thanks.
    10-06-09 08:25 PM
    I am running 4.7.1.40 and use the Media Player daily with the stock headset....no issues here!
    10-06-09 08:35 PM
    check the beta os forums
    10-06-09 08:39 PM
    I'm running 4.7.1.40, too, and also do not have the problems you're describing. I've used both stock earphones and a scrounged set. Audio is OK via all sources (MP3s, streaming audio, movies).

Have you tried a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by huinoelle; 10-06-09 at 09:37 PM.
    10-06-09 09:26 PM
    [QUOTE=awu2;3756697]Quick question, if you use headphones/headset, does the music mute itself for anyone else after the first song? The music continues playing, however there is no sound. I have to unplug my headphones, then replug them in, and hit play again, only after that will the music be audible again(for the duration of the stint.)

I have OS 5...230 installed, I'm wondering if 4.7 also does this?
    I am using "BlackBerry Premium Stereo Headset (found here)"

If anyone has experienced this on either OS, or if anyone could quickly test their phone, it would be much appreciated.

This is a known issue in the OS build you are running. I have the same OS as you and the same thing happens to me. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    10-06-09 10:37 PM
    The is a fix for it as I am too using .230 on my Tour. You have actually 2 possible solutions.

Press the "mute" shortcut key x2 when you finish your first song, in other words when your music player stops working.

The second solution would be dowloading a third party music player such as Moboila (or something like that) made my SHAPE.

You'll get used to it, as you only have to press it once. I was debating to leave 5.0 simply for this as i commute by public transit to work and school and I find that I am sticking to 5.0
    10-06-09 10:52 PM
    Yes! I'm running .230 my self and this happens I just pause the song and un pause it and its fine

10-06-09 11:45 PM
    Thanks everyone so much for all the responses. I suppose that's what happens with unreleased software. Hopefully they fix it soon!

10-07-09 01:55 AM
    ahhh, yes--the price we pay to play the game. LOL. it is kind of fun though sometimes, isn't it? if RIM has the time/manpower they can sure get some free beta testing info from us here!
    10-07-09 02:01 AM
    Yea happens every time for me. I just ended up getting used pause and unpausing after the first song.

10-07-09 02:13 AM
    Hiya -- sorry to commandeer your post, but I have another question r/t music playing.
    This may be a "stupid" question...but I'm a newbie. When listening to music on the Tour, what do you do when the phone rings? ...Just quickly pause the music and answer, or is there some shortcut key, or an ap that will automatically pause the music for you?
    I'm used to my ipod for music, and find it very convenient. I'd only want to switch to using my BB exclusively for music if I can make it smooth & easy. But I like the idea of having "everything" on my BB.

Thanks
    10-29-09 02:16 PM
    Hiya -- sorry to commandeer your post, but I have another question r/t music playing.
    This may be a "stupid" question...but I'm a newbie. When listening to music on the Tour, what do you do when the phone rings? ...Just quickly pause the music and answer, or is there some shortcut key, or an ap that will automatically pause the music for you?
    I'm used to my ipod for music, and find it very convenient. I'd only want to switch to using my BB exclusively for music if I can make it smooth & easy. But I like the idea of having "everything" on my BB.

Thanks
    Music player pauses automatically and resumes upon hang up.
    10-29-09 02:39 PM
    I dont have one issue but I am not using the stock headphones. I am using the Moto Rokr S9HD bluetooth headsets and they are the best thing that you can buy for a blackberry. Perfect background noise cancelation and have not had one problem with people hearing me and I can hear my music on Pandora every day when I am on my mower at work in the morning.
    10-29-09 07:16 PM
    Is there any way to stop songs from fading between tracks on Tour 9360 media player, this is very annoying as some some are recorded to connect to each other and I seem to miss the first 2 seconds of every song.
    thanks for any input . Larry (windows media Player, vista)
    11-07-09 02:46 PM
    I dont have one issue but I am not using the stock headphones. I am using the Moto Rokr S9HD bluetooth headsets and they are the best thing that you can buy for a blackberry. Perfect background noise cancelation and have not had one problem with people hearing me and I can hear my music on Pandora every day when I am on my mower at work in the morning.
    I have the same headphones and love them too. I use the headphones at the gym every morning!

11-07-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD