just curious. i had .419 but i took it off cuz it sucked, so i will try this when i find a link. i hope this one doesn't send sms to the wrong person again. actually that was my only problem from the .419
    Last edited by CodyIsCool; 02-10-10 at 04:50 PM.
    02-10-10 04:45 PM
    Nah! I'm going to wait for the official Vzw release. Not liking what I'm reading so far with this Sprint OS. I guess I'll see what Vzw offers soon enough.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 08:09 PM
    I've loaded it.... Pretty snappy. Putting it through the phases now
    02-10-10 08:11 PM
    I do not recommed this. The biggest reason is the 5.0 is released by the provider (verizon,alltel,tmobile,etc) not by RIM. Therefore the OS is custom to the providers needs, not general for all platforms.
    Not necessarily. The decision of whether or not to release an OS depends on if the carrier deems the specific OS in question to be safe enough to release.
    02-10-10 08:13 PM
    I gotta say that I agree with you George. That's why there must be a good reason why Vzw is always last to approve an update. Drives a lot of us crazy but in the end more pleased with the release I guess?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 08:36 PM
    All I know is that if I worked for Verizon and the decision to release an OS was left up to me, I probably wouldn't have approved a single one up to this point. RIM needs to step up.
    02-10-10 08:57 PM
    The way I see it is all OSs have bugs. Some are very minor, some are a real pain. Last I knew, the 4.6 OSs for the 8900 still had a text wrapping issue when posting in threads using the RIM browser. Drove me nuts until I switched carriers/devices. These were approved OSs released from carriers all over the world.
    That being the case I don't have a problem using any OS, whether it be a release, leak, hybrid, or from any carrier. Waiting a long time does not guarantee a wonderful OS.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-10-10 09:12 PM
    Im sure we will get a thread soon enough about how someone installed it and they no longer have "3G" lol.
    02-10-10 09:47 PM
    Im sure we will get a thread soon enough about how someone installed it and they no longer have "3G" lol.
    02-10-10 11:52 PM
    All the 5.0 leaks up to this point have been for VZW, and we Sprint users have installed them and they've run just fine. Now it's your turn to install one of our OS releases
    02-11-10 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD