I'm using a stable .419 hybrid from driphter that has great radio and battery life with no memory leak. So, I'll sit tight for awhile till the dust settles on this new one.

kiddoc
    03-27-10 08:31 PM
    With all that I've been reading about all the .5xx releases and the browser click issue I will probably stick with Driphter's .419 dv8.1

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-27-10 08:44 PM
    it will be funny if it is the .591 that was released as a leak
    03-27-10 11:09 PM
    it will be funny if it is the .591 that was released as a leak
    What will be really funny (in a sad kind of way) is if Verizon releases the OS with this browser/click bug since so many people believe that an official release by Verizon will be perfect. They supposedly test and test and won't release a wine, ahem, OS before its time......... Hope I'm wrong and the OS is perfect.
    03-27-10 11:38 PM
    I have the leaked version and I am going back to sprints .484, it was much better IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 02:09 AM
    I am running 591. Had some speed issues. But did a fresh reinstall and overlapped with driphter's dv10 hybrid and couldn't be happier

03-28-10 09:52 AM
    I'm just curious to know if anyone else is thinking about not upgrading to the "official" 5.0 OS on Monday. I have been using .419 since it released with no problems and I have heard nothing but negatives about this OS that Verizon is releasing

The negative comments you are hearing is probably from ther folks using the 5.0 leaks, that's my guess.

03-28-10 11:43 AM
    I have already upgraded!
    03-28-10 12:07 PM
    Most likely there will be few if any problems, since it took so long to be realeased. However, I'll probably wait a week or so to see what the reviews & complaints are. I'll miss the 'mute/standby' feature. I use that daily.
    03-28-10 02:27 PM
    I will update sometime later in the week, unless I read horrible things about it. I would rather wait for offical os than a leak.
    03-28-10 02:43 PM
    The only real reason I would upgrade from 5.0.0.419 to the new vzw would be for tech support reasons. But even then there would be no point. They arent going to ask me to do options>about and tell them what build my 5.0 OS is... If this OS fixs the mobile banking application then yes maybe i would try it.

I really dont feel like my tour has the best battery life. The mts mobility OS did make it improve by nearly 10 percent....

Who knows what I will do...

And yet again, verizon rapes us even more. WHY THE H*** would I have to pay $5 more a month for push to talk? All it is is verizon to verizon in network mob2mob calling on a speakerphone!. LAME LAME LAME. They charge me for every little thing and I get frustrated!!!! I should NOT have to pay 10 bucks a month for vz navigator. I should be given an option to buy the application.

Done venting now. Sorry!
    03-28-10 02:49 PM
    I've been running the dv10 for a day or 2 now and its running fine. No problems whatsoever. I do however have an off topic question. Verizon has changed the amount of charcters you can send in a txt from 160 per page to 1120 or something close to it. Does anyone know if this includes blackberrys? Or is there someway I can change that?

03-28-10 08:05 PM
    I'm still on the .230 leak. & I'll probably wait a couple of days after the release to see if the official version is rock solid or not.
    03-28-10 08:48 PM
    I'm using the .419-based Driphter 8.2 hybrid and I'm loving it. I won't be "upgrading" to VZW's OS anytime soon, especially if it's the rumored already leaked .591. That release has some browser clicking issues---at least for some people---and that would drive me crazy.

Personally, I won't be upgrading to anything, even VZW's official OS, until Driphter has a hybrid for it. This is my first time using a leaked OS and my first time using a hybrid, and I can't see going back to a plain OS, official or leaked.

Also, I've been burned before (bricked device) and won't install an official OS on the first day of its release. I want to know what I'm getting before I install it, so I'd rather let other people test-drive it.

Just my opinion.
    03-28-10 09:12 PM
    Verizon has changed the amount of charcters you can send in a txt from 160 per page to 1120 or something close to it. Does anyone know if this includes blackberrys?
    Do you have some cite or source for that change?

That would be a nice development, given that ATT users can already just type away and the network automatically splits the SMS as needed. (Can get a 3rd-party BB app to do that but why if it's not necessary?)
    03-28-10 10:32 PM
    Verizon sent a txt stating that you can now send 1120 characters in a single txt but blackberry limits the amount of characters you can send to 160. Then you have to start a new text. Quite annoying IMO. Haven't heard of a change with the new OS. If its not corrected I'm not giving up my hybrid

03-29-10 11:31 AM
    I don't understand how RIM limits it? My girlfriend has a BB and she can type as many characters as she wants
    03-29-10 12:14 PM
    I'm using the .419-based Driphter 8.2 hybrid and I'm loving it. I won't be "upgrading" to VZW's OS anytime soon, especially if it's the rumored already leaked .591. That release has some browser clicking issues---at least for some people---and that would drive me crazy.

Personally, I won't be upgrading to anything, even VZW's official OS, until Driphter has a hybrid for it. This is my first time using a leaked OS and my first time using a hybrid, and I can't see going back to a plain OS, official or leaked.

Also, I've been burned before (bricked device) and won't install an official OS on the first day of its release. I want to know what I'm getting before I install it, so I'd rather let other people test-drive it.

Just my opinion.
    x2 to what is written above. loving dv 8.2!
    03-29-10 12:18 PM
    I will be updating as soon as I get the chance. Technically there shouldn't be a need to wait for early adopters because the Verizon testers are supposed to be those people who already confirmed it was solid!
    03-29-10 12:22 PM
    I don't understand how RIM limits it? My girlfriend has a BB and she can type as many characters as she wants
    What carrier does she have? As far as messaging all the IM's you can type as many as you want including BBM and MMS. My SMS limits characters to 160 on verizon

03-29-10 01:37 PM
    If i was still running 4.7 i would be all over this update. In fact i am surprised in the amount of people that are running 4.7 and saying they'll wait......

I'm not though. I'm running .419 and so with that said i will probably wait a day or two to see what the feedback is on this. .419 has been running very well for me.
    03-29-10 02:02 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD