So my trackball is really crapping out... And I'm getting sick of it. I tried calling tech support and they said I would have to go to a store because they're locked out of sending me another phone (and trying to order one online, it says I'm within my 30 days - probably because the replacement was sent out by a retention rep so it won't let me do it either).

I really don't want to go to a service center and have them order me one. I need a new one ASAP...

Anyone have luck?
    08-20-09 03:35 AM
    What has fixed it a bit for me was setting the settings to 90 horizontal and 80 vertical
    I took it to the sprint store, hoping for a new one.
    08-20-09 03:50 AM
    What has fixed it a bit for me was setting the settings to 90 horizontal and 80 vertical
    I took it to the sprint store, hoping for a new one.
    That is NOT a fix.
    08-20-09 05:43 AM
    I did. But they advised me that this would be the only one that they would be exchanging because the issue is not with them but with RIM for sending them devices with bad trackball. I was in a good mood and took it in stride but if this one falters, you bet your sweet cheeks they'll either give me a new one or my money back...
    08-20-09 05:52 AM
    called customer service, and they told me since its not over the 30 days i can go to the store and exchange it for a new one, you have to get the customer service # and have them email you, your order# and make sure its not billed as a 3rd party (meaning you bought it streight thru sprint) then go to any Sprint store & they will exchange for a brand spankin new one!
    08-20-09 05:56 AM
    trackball is the issue, was talking to a tech, he said the trackball is the problem, he also said that they are replacing them with the curve trackball?! dont know why? same thing!
    08-20-09 05:59 AM
    So my trackball is really crapping out... And I'm getting sick of it. I tried calling tech support and they said I would have to go to a store because they're locked out of sending me another phone (and trying to order one online, it says I'm within my 30 days - probably because the replacement was sent out by a retention rep so it won't let me do it either).

I really don't want to go to a service center and have them order me one. I need a new one ASAP...

Anyone have luck?
    I was able to swap at the Sprint store once a couple of weeks ago for a new one the same day I went. Started having an issue again and took it back yesterday. The tech claims they swapped the trackball for another one but I don't think they did. Before I left the store I tested it out and it wasn't much better, so I told them that it wasn't acceptable to me and that I payed too much for this phone to not have my issue resolved so they finally decided that they would order me a replacement. Although now since I am waiting on my replacement, my trackball seems better but I will see how it does until my replacement arrives. I'm kinda affraid to swap now for fear of getting a refurb or a tour with different issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 07:22 AM
    You have to call CS and have them note your account. Then you go to a corporate store. Not a affiliate, which looks corporate or any Sprint exclusive store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 07:39 AM
    The folks at my local Sprint store swapped mine out with a brand new phone they had in stock, no questions asked. Though I was not swapping it out because of trackball issues (my problems were headphone jack and other miscellaneous psychotic behavior related), I think they would have had I been experiencing any. I'd had my phone about 20 days, so I was within the first 30 days window.

On a side note, the trackball on my original phone was perfect, the one on the replacement has an occasional "catch" while scrolling down...not bad, but noticeable...d'oh!
    08-20-09 07:44 AM
    I had mine replaced a lil over a week ago and its perfect. The guy at the store had to get a new one overnighted in as he had none in stock but the one I got is perfect. He even let me keep all the new accessories :-) I guess it pays to be friends with the guy who runs the store
    08-20-09 09:29 AM
    I've taken Tours back to two Sprint stores in Manhattan and they gave me no trouble at all. However, if you try to return a phone you bought through telesales, the stores can be impossible (even though Sprint customer care will tell you the stores can process the return).
    08-20-09 09:37 AM
    My first tour that I ordered from telesales on 07/13/09 and received on 07/20/09 had every issue known, trackball not working, screen ripple, muffled sound, slow responses, loose battery cover,...etc. When Corporate stores got them in stock on 07/23/09 I went in and they swapped it out with no problems/questions. Since them My 2nd Tour has no problems what so ever.
    08-20-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD