I've read as much as I can on these forums, and you obviously get MANY different opinions on things.
    My situation is that I need a new phone (8130 having major problems but has been great) and love the Tour, but knowing it's had several issues and one dominant (trackball) issue, it's hard for me to buy it knowing this.
    Another thing....I would even be more likely to give it a shot, but why when I pay for a NEW phone, if there's a problem, I will more than likely get a USED (refurb) phone through VZW.
    I love VZW, just wish there was some solid info of when the Tour 2 will be out. :-(
    11-26-09 09:44 AM
    If the device is past 30 days, you will get he refurb phone under the MFG warr. Keep in mind that are also lots of folks that have no problems with their tours (incluiding me), you will hear about problems more times than not. People generally do not post positive things unless it rebuts negitive things

No one at this time knows when the Tour 2 will be released. But I can tell you it will not be tomorrow
    11-26-09 09:53 AM
    The only problem I had with mine was the trackball issue and after a week of having it I took it back to sprint and they gave a brand new one right there in the store. I haven't had any trubles with this one, and I've had it since sept.
    If I'm not mistaken, the tarckball issue was on the first or so production models and then got fixed.
    11-26-09 10:03 AM
    I bought a tour with a manufacture date behind the battery of 10/09. the phone works great and I have had no problems with it
    11-26-09 10:06 AM
    Minimal issue for mine, just need to clean the trackball if it gets dirty.
    11-26-09 11:59 AM
    i have no issues! great device you will be happy with it! and my manufacture date is 9/19/09
    11-26-09 12:13 PM
    I've had mine for 3 weeks and not a single problem . Should I knock on wood when I say that? I also have the sprint Tour and its the best BB I've ever had and its my 5th model. Its a HUGE step up from my 8703e, Pearl and 8330. Yeah!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 12:27 PM
    also having no problems with mine. Best phone/blackberry Ive ever used
    11-26-09 12:30 PM
    Ive had mine just over a month now and i absolutely love the phone
    The best advice I can give you though is go into a retail store and play around with the phone for an hour
    11-26-09 12:55 PM
    I've read as much as I can on these forums, and you obviously get MANY different opinions on things.
    My situation is that I need a new phone (8130 having major problems but has been great) and love the Tour, but knowing it's had several issues and one dominant (trackball) issue, it's hard for me to buy it knowing this.
    Another thing....I would even be more likely to give it a shot, but why when I pay for a NEW phone, if there's a problem, I will more than likely get a USED (refurb) phone through VZW.
    I love VZW, just wish there was some solid info of when the Tour 2 will be out. :-(
    I have the Blackberry Tour and is excellent in every way I have 3 week with it and have nothing bad to say about it

11-26-09 02:14 PM
    Just bought my Tour yesterday, and have put her thru the paces. I abuse my BBs like crazy, I sleep with mine in my hand all night long! (yea, wife thinks that is a little weird, but oh well *shrug*)

No problems to report so far, still learning alot, since I upgraded from the 8330. I am happy to report that the tour is a solid device.

Now if I can just figure out how to get this cover off my BB, the Verizon Rep put it on for me, and I don't want to break it taking it off.
    11-26-09 02:22 PM
    I say pick up a used 8330 and use it until the Tour 2 (essex) comes out.
    11-26-09 02:24 PM
    Had mine since week one and have had little to no problems with it.

overall excellent phone... 6.5/7 little blackberry symbol dots!
    11-26-09 03:52 PM
    Bought mine a week ago and no problems so far. Like the OP I read and read these forums and just went for it and glad I did instead of waiting for this alleged Essex. I didn't like the track pad on the 8530 as it had no tactile feel. I will say as a first time Smartphone/BB user I almost returned it the second day as there is a learning curve coming from a dumbphone. The more you play with it the more it grows on you. At times I wonder about one of those touchscreen Droids but battery life is more important to me and a buggy/laggy device would drive me nuts.
    11-26-09 06:06 PM
    I got my Tour last week(manufactured 9-18-09 Mexico) and no probs so far! I moved from a Curve 8330 and the Tour has been an awesome upgrade for me.

11-26-09 08:25 PM
    The Tour is a really solid phone. Also, they are free today at Sam's club...just went down this morning and picked one up for my wife who was ready for her two year Verizon phone upgrade. Total cost - $0!
    11-27-09 08:09 AM
    I'll add my praises as well. This is my second BB, my first being the Pearl. Before it came out, it was touted as the best BB ever, much like the new Bold is being touted now. I waited a few months as I always do on new technology. when I did buy, I got the BOGO, $100 off, new every two special. In the end, my wife and I got BB Tours with a total cost of under $50. This is her first BB.

After a couple months, we could not be more pleased! Between Slacker radio, Honeydew, BBM, and You Version, we have become BB addicts. The Tour is fantastic! No problems.

11-27-09 08:38 AM
    I had a little trackball issue with mine. When I went to the verizon store, they gave me a new one. The guy at the Verizon store (who is a friend of mine) said that the first batch of Tours that came out had trackball issues, and all the Tours out now are pretty much fixed. He also said that alot of the refurbished Tours don't really have anything wrong with them, the trackball was replaced and the battery door.

It is definitely the best blackberry out there! I would buy it, and the manufactor's warantee will help you out if there's an issue (its good for a year from purchase!)
    11-27-09 10:58 AM
    it is a great phoone just got mine about 5 days ago... i returned my storm 2 for this one and dont regret it one bit... No trackball issues and to me the colors are more vibrant on this phone so everything stands out.... not to mention the key board is top notch
    11-27-09 11:47 AM
    My third tour is flawless.

Early adopter syndrome.
    11-27-09 01:02 PM
    I bought a Tour 2 weeks after launch and had an issue with the trackball, but I got a bran new one and can say this is the best smart phone I have ever had, I fought tooth and nail to get my company to get me one to replace my beloved 8830WE. Thank the lords I now have two, one for personal use and one camera less for work. I can't say for sure, I have no idea what you're looking for in a phone. I don't have an option for work, (the government really likes their bb's) but if you already have a bb and love it then I strongly endorse the Tour both from a heavy business user and a personal user.

11-27-09 01:16 PM
    My third tour is flawless.

Early adopter syndrome.
    LOL That's how many I had to go through to get a good one. Early adopter here, too.
    11-27-09 01:47 PM
    i had the trackball issue but i went into the store and the gave me a brand new one out of the box as a replacement and have not had any issues since, definitely a great buy
    11-27-09 02:36 PM
    Tour=GOD LOL a simple trackball replacement fixes the not so great one. If you dont wanna replace TELUS retail stores do a trackball replace for $20.
    11-27-09 06:44 PM
    If you can wait, then just wait for the Tour 2 to come out. You'll be glad you did. If you get a Tour now, and the Tour 2 comes out early 2010 you'll be kicking yourself over a few months.
    11-27-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD