I have downloaded the leaked version of the 5.0.0.273 OS and have gone through what I believe to be the appropriate steps to load it. However, when desktop manager opens and the phone is connected, it goes through its regular synchronization process, but never recognizes that I have downloaded the new OS.

How do I get the DM to recognize that I have downloaded a new OS that I want on the phone?

As always - your help is much appreciated!

Happy Friday!
    10-16-09 06:58 AM
    I have downloaded the leaked version of the 5.0.0.273 OS and have gone through what I believe to be the appropriate steps to load it. However, when desktop manager opens and the phone is connected, it goes through its regular synchronization process, but never recognizes that I have downloaded the new OS.

How do I get the DM to recognize that I have downloaded a new OS that I want on the phone?

As always - your help is much appreciated!

Happy Friday!
    1) Insure you have un-installed all other OS's from your computer and that you install the .273. This is accolmplished through your control panel, add/remove programs.
    2) Instead of using DM, use the app loader. Navigate to computer--programs--common files--research in motion---apploader. Once in that folder, double click the phone icon and that will start the process. In that same folder, delete the vendor XML file.
    3) If that doesnt work, go back to app loader and right click on the phone icon and choose "run as administrator".

That should do it.
    10-16-09 07:06 AM
    Will give it a try.... thanks so much!
    10-16-09 07:21 AM
    Well - I appreciate the info, but this didn't work either. I have downloaded the OS to my PC, deleted the XML file and still - no recognition of the new OS.

Any other thoughts from anyone?
    10-16-09 08:24 PM
    After reading the findings on this OS. I passed on it. If you want 5.0 you should look at 5.0.0.230. It's been a very solid OS.
    10-16-09 08:31 PM
    Thanks much. I just a bunch of posts on .273 and have decided to pass as well. I have looked for the .230, but all the links are down and I can't find anywhere to download it.

Thoughts?
    10-16-09 08:35 PM
    I know that this might sound stupid and when I place myself in a position like you unfortunatly did and I do my fair share things people tell me what sounds crazy too.

Lets on your part do a checklist and make sure in your add/remove programs there are no more OSs. presuming there is not I don't remember you saying anything about using BBSAK v1.6(just came out today) to not only first going into common files and delete I know you said the vendor file then of course you have to then use BBSAK to wipe your phone.

You should then see error 507 which you want to see on your device which signifies you have no OS on the handheld- you want to see this and then make sure again you have installed and see in the add/remove programs in your add/remove prgrams.

Now go back to common files andclick the phone icon which is the .exe file tostart the process of placing the new OS on your device.

When you know after about 30-45 mins that this is done, you will need to go back to your DM where you should now place all your 3rd party apps and any other apps you want back on the phone as well.

Thhis would be a good time to also which most people forget is to go to BIS and resend your service books in case of any updates.

You should at this point have it and if so great, if not keep going through here because your carrier will know you are using a beta and ask you to install the last official release back on the ohone.

On BB.com there are tuturials like : http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

I wish you luck and am sorry it took so long to write this.
    10-16-09 08:50 PM
    Jaguarr - thanks soooo much for taking the time to put this information together for me... I can't say enough. I am going to give this a shot and see if it works!
    10-16-09 09:00 PM
    I do want to let you know now that I did have more time to think about andresearch somer info, whatI told youto do is ok but WAIT PLEASE until you cvan get the link for .230 and use that insteadt.

Unfortunatly for some reason they are all now down.

I have been blessed with a laucned Tour with thje orginal .40 OS on it andhave not had any trouble atall and keep everything pretty tight how i use it and what i put on it so i have no desire to place another OS on my phone until an official vender version and only when after a few weeks of carefully readinf feedback would I try it and then I would go through my DM and do it automatically and let the app loader do it all.

Let me know how you make out and good luck, don't give up.
    10-16-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD