In my 'Storm' days, I charged it w/ my USB cord at work everyday. Now, w/ Mr. Tour, it will not. Just hangs out at the same charge all the time. Say I plug it in at 8 am at 45%, it will be at 45% at EOD .
    08-14-09 09:49 PM
    I charge mine with the USB cable everyday. Actually im charging on it right now. Never had a problem. Have u tried all the usb ports on ur comp? Maybe one is bad. Or maybe the cable is bad?
    08-15-09 12:17 AM
    Also not sure if this is related, but if you're using anything like Windows 7 or Vista, turn off power saving with the USB root hub. That *could* be why (I have it disabled and never had a issue charging it).
    08-15-09 02:10 AM
    ^ above is correct, it has to do with USB power saving turning off your USB hubs after a while. Here's how to disable USB power saving on XP (it is the same in Vista, btw):

1. Right-click 'My Computer' and click 'Properties'.
    2. Click the 'Hardware' tab, then click the 'Device Manager' button.
    3. In the Device Manager list, scroll down to your Universal Serial Bus Controllers, click the plus sign to expand them.
    4. Right-click your first USB Root Hub and click 'Properties'.
    5. Click the 'Power Management' tab.
    6. Look at the check box labeled 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'. If it's checked, click the box to remove the check mark and click OK.
    7. Repeat steps 4-6 for any and all remaining USB Root Hubs in your system, then close the Device Manager.

This will prevent the PC from turning off the power to your USB ports after x amount of time, which will not allow you to charge your BB (besides other things).
    Last edited by dohturdima; 08-15-09 at 04:48 AM.
    08-15-09 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD