Ive got two tours here, one VZW and another Sprint.

The VZW one sounds like the earpiece is blown, or crackly. The person im talking to sounds muffled.

The same symptoms are not present on the Sprint Tour.

Tried in multiple locations, so I dont think its a signal issue.

Just trying to figure out if it is a widespread VZW problem, and if I need to exchange it.

I thought it might be OS related, but both phones are running the same OS>
    08-02-09 11:23 PM
    i had that with my first tour from sprint, 2nd one doesnt share the issue....was like a hum/vibration when sounds came from the speaker piece
    08-02-09 11:26 PM
    no issues with my tour
    08-03-09 12:04 AM
    The underwater sound everyone ius talking about return it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 01:50 AM
    I had the same problem with my first tour but I had a trackball issue too and they replaced the phone. It was like a crackling sound in my ear but the new phone fixed the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 07:11 AM
    My new Tour has this issue when I call the voice mail but I don't really notice it when I'm talking to normal people. I'll have to see what happens.

Edit...
    I just noticed that if I put the volume down a notch it goes away. Probably a case of over driving the speaker on the loudest setting. I'm not saying this should ever happen, but you might wanna just try turning it down a notch to see what happens.

Edit... again...
    Was just playing with sound and stuff and it's now getting worse. So annoying - I don't know when I'll have time to go back to a Verizon store. I guess I'll stick to only using a headset this week.
    Last edited by JiveMasterT; 08-03-09 at 09:12 AM.
    08-03-09 07:57 AM
    Well Best Buy gave me the run around and wouldn't let me exchange it, and now I'm noticing whoever is using the phone is sounding muffled.

The jackass claimed he couldn't hear the crackling and insisted the reason my Sprint phone sounded better was because they were using different software.
    08-03-09 06:30 PM
    Well Best Buy gave me the run around and wouldn't let me exchange it, and now I'm noticing whoever is using the phone is sounding muffled.

The jackass claimed he couldn't hear the crackling and insisted the reason my Sprint phone sounded better was because they were using different software.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I was going to pick up 9630 at Bestbuy tomorrow ,your post changed my mind.
    08-03-09 06:39 PM
    Just like that, my buzzing sound went away. It hasn't come back since I last posted in this thread.
    08-07-09 01:54 AM
    Just like that, my buzzing sound went away. It hasn't come back since I last posted in this thread.
    did u do anything to get rid of it? mine buzzes when the screen goes on even if i am not on a call
    Last edited by xtreme247; 08-08-09 at 12:26 AM.
    08-08-09 12:22 AM
    i have the same issue with my tour. it comes and goes though so i don't really notice it i am having trackball issues though i probably will end up exchanging it for a new one.
    08-08-09 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD