Has anyone received a replacement recently? How is it?

Was it in a brown box or a white one?
    About a week ago I got my insurance replacement through assurant. They sent a new tour in the original blackberry box with all of the cables and everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 11:07 AM
    What is wrong with your Tours that you're getting them replaced?
    01-28-10 11:22 AM
    they're trying to kill us by driving us insane....lol
    01-28-10 03:23 PM
    Mine was a stuck (probably worn out, from the feel of it) trackball. I use the crap out of this thing - barely ever use "real computers" anymore when anywhere but at work. They shipped a new/refurb (hopefully new) one yesterday, and it will be here on Monday via FedEx.

The two ladies I spoke with CS and tech support were both really friendly and seemed smart. I was shocked, being that I was an AT&T customer since 2000 and just switch to Verizon in Sept. of last year. I was used to nincompoops who were impossible to understand (all seemingly foreigners or all totally untrained on my device) and who constantly asked me to restart my phone and try it now, like that would fix hardware issues. This replacement process so far has been ideal.
    01-28-10 03:55 PM
    I got my replacement and this thing is perfect. 0 complaints. It came in a brown box but the seal of the brown box was already open for some reason.
    01-28-10 05:19 PM
    I just received two replacements for mine and my daughter's, both replaced several times before, all with "greendots". All previous replacements were always fine.

HOWEVER, I just took these two out of the box (made in Canada, our current ones from Mexico), and the trackballs are WEIRD! They stick, "slide" (lose the "scratchy" feel they should have), feel like they're about to pop out. They also have a very "rubbery" feel, for lack of a better description.

I had them replaced thru Tech Support. Just called again and they're going to be replaced. It's odd, it's not even the feel of the original trackball problems (my daughter and I bought our original ones on release day last July, so are very familiar with the way those felt).

We'll see what the next ones bring...
    01-29-10 06:09 PM
    interesting, the seal on the brown box one I received was also broken
    01-30-10 05:24 AM
    Received my replacement yesterday and the trackball is WORSE than the one I sent back ! It won't scroll up unless you force it real hard ! When I called the big VZW back to have them send ANOTHER , they would not ship it overnight like they did the first one. When I mentioned to the rep that I just called two days ago to have the original one replaced, the rep sent it overnight. She replied very rudely that "we do not offer overnight shipping on replacement phones, so your just going to be have to be happy with two day because that's the best I can offer". That was the FIRST bad experience I have had with VZW and was enough to MAJORLY disappoint me and question VZW for future purchases. I hope the new phone works ok

01-30-10 06:05 AM
    Is anyones trackball really loud???

01-30-10 12:12 PM
    I just got a brand new off the shelf replacment through assurion cause my wife lost her original "which worked great" and the new one has a horrible track ball and a loose cover. Does anyone ever win?

01-30-10 12:19 PM
    I got a replacement about a week ago, the trackball does feel rubbery, no problems with tracking though. I really didn't notice how bad the door was until I took my otterbox off of the first one. I guess thats another good thing about the otterbox, you really don't notice the battery door.
    Not sure where it was made, where would I find this?
    01-30-10 02:25 PM
    I got a Sprint replacement 3 weeks ago. The phone seems a bit heavier, but works great!!!!

Love the new feel of the trackball, and yes it does feel a bit rubbery....

It feels great to be able to play brick breaker flawlessly now! Haha

01-30-10 03:07 PM
    Anyone notice slight buzzing from phone screen when backlight is on?

01-30-10 06:23 PM
    3 days ago

Works well

Don't know about VZ or Sprint direct replacements, but my Tour was replaced 3 times in the first 30 days from Best Buy - new retail packaging.

Some serious QC issues in the first shipping Tours, No problems to speak of since October...
    01-30-10 06:40 PM
    Can someone please confirm the buzzing noise with the backlight on?

01-30-10 06:47 PM
    How does one go about replacing their Tour with Verizon? I have had trackball and battery door issues since I bought it on release day. Do I have to put 4.7 back on it (running 5.0 hybrid atm) and assemble all of the accessories to get it replaced?

01-30-10 09:04 PM
    UGH! I sent back the two I received last week, and if it weren't impossible I would swear they just sent back those two. Whatever this build or "correction" to the trackball is, SUCKS. They offered me an equivalent BB; a Curve (not quite!) or a Storm (you'd have to shoot me first).

I mentioned the "Tour 2" and of course they haven't heard of it, nor do they think a newly released device would be an "equivalent" one.

I don't know what my daughter or I are going to do. Our current ones need to be replaced, and the replacements are God-awful.
    02-02-10 01:08 PM
    I don't understand all of these problems with the Tour. Mine works perfectly, had it for three weeks now, and not one issue. I actually traded in a Storm2 (yes a Strom2) for this Tour, and save for lacking 5.0, it beats the S2 in dependability and functionality. So I wonder why so many people have been having issues with their Tours. I am a very heavy bb user, and this Tour is a brick! Hopefully I won't ever have to get this replaced (unless there is cosmetic damage of course)

02-02-10 05:42 PM
    I have had a Replacement tour for about 2 months now.

It came in a brown box.

Looks, feels, and works brand new.

I too replaced for a trackball issue, and so far the new one is flawless.
    02-03-10 06:45 AM
    I received my fourth replacement by mail last week. The VZW store says they no longer have the 9630's. The "Certified Like-New Replacement" was shipped from New Breed Corporations, a Texas company. The replacement came without a battery or battery cover. It came in a white box not much bigger than the phone. It had the latest official VZW 4.7.1.61 OS.

The battery door was still loose but I fixed it with some electrical tape. The trackball seems too sensitive and sometimes jumps from one icon to another (normally upward, not horizontal) regardless of the sensitivity settings. At least it moves !!!!

Hopefully it will settle in to something satisfactory as I have spent too much of my time over the last six months dealing with a phone that should have worked to begin with. Unfortunately, some of the programs that I use require contact with the vendor when changing your PIN, a time consuming proposition.

I am interested in trying the Trackpad on the 9650.
    02-03-10 08:10 AM
    Can someone please confirm the buzzing noise with the backlight on?

I can. Subtle buzz, but now that you mention it.
    02-03-10 08:25 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD