I love the form factor of the device but i just cant stand that cheassy looking carbon fibre for the battery cover! I will most likey paint mine til aftermarket options become available, what do you guys think?
    04-13-09 02:27 PM
    I think I will need to see it in person before I can make a decision.

I'm also pretty sure there will 3rd party options soon after its release.
    04-13-09 02:37 PM
    What you saw was actually just plastic protection. The actual cover is so;id piano black.
    04-13-09 02:41 PM
    I think Bob is right, its just the plastic that you peel off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 02:58 PM
    I agree that i will need to see it in person before i make my decision. I hope Im wrong about it!
    04-13-09 02:59 PM
    It's not straight black. Have one in my hand right now. It's not really carbon fiber either. It's more like straight black with little blue dots. It actually looks pretty nice. Subtle. Bit of texture. In hand it really doesn't give off the impression that it's trying to look like carbon fiber...it's just doing it's own thing.
    04-13-09 03:16 PM
    i want a metal back cover for the niagara like the storm :\
    04-13-09 03:26 PM
    Have one in my hand right now.
    show off!

im just jealous
    04-13-09 07:56 PM
    It's not straight black. Have one in my hand right now. It's not really carbon fiber either. It's more like straight black with little blue dots. It actually looks pretty nice. Subtle. Bit of texture. In hand it really doesn't give off the impression that it's trying to look like carbon fiber...it's just doing it's own thing.
    Whatever it is, I agree... it doesn't look pretty.
    04-13-09 08:14 PM
    From the pictures and video I've seen, it does look ugly; but I would have to see it in person
    04-13-09 08:26 PM
    I agree, it looks much better in person. That said, there will be aftermarket battery door covers for the 9630. So you can change it if you don't like it.
    04-13-09 09:18 PM
    I agree, it looks much better in person. That said, there will be aftermarket battery door covers for the 9630. So you can change it if you don't like it.
    We heard that covers like that were going to come out for the Storm, as well, but they never came out. Engadget had different colored backplates in their "Storm Preview" but we never saw them hit market. Lets hope this does not happen with the Niagara backplates.

As for the look of the "carbon fiber", I really cannot say. I do not like it as much as the metal Storm back because this plastic backing looks cheap, but I will keep my opinion (mostly) clear until I have one in hand this weekend.

Just kidding about that last part
    04-13-09 09:27 PM
    I like it, its something different...

Daisy
    04-13-09 09:42 PM
    Its pretty tacky I'm going to wait until they have them on cnn
    04-13-09 10:42 PM
    I think the phone looks great
    fapfapfap
    04-13-09 10:44 PM
    I think the phone looks pretty good, including the battery cover. I don't know how good it would look with a Bold battery cover. It just goes with the Bold perfect, not for other devices. But this will look better in person.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 12:52 AM
    I happen to think that it looks much better in person. Very very nice. I do however like the metal battery door cover of the storm.
    04-14-09 02:49 AM
    I happen to think that it looks much better in person. Very very nice. I do however like the metal battery door cover of the storm.
    Yes, but does it feel cheap in the hand at all? It just doesnt look like a great plastic.
    04-14-09 08:21 AM
    Definitely just need to see it in person first.
    I'll take KM and CX's word for it but if it even reminds me of the carbon fiber look then it's got to go. The only time carbon fiber looks good (to me anyway) is when it's real and bare (doesn't have a gloss over it).
    04-14-09 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD