I will probably be flamed, but is anyone else considering returning the Tour to go back to the Curve. I've had my Tour since Sunday and really don't see a large incremental increase in value from my Curve. They both basically do the same things for my purposes and I like the Curve keyboard better. The Curve is also lighter and smaller. I am thinking that for the $200.00 the change is not that significant to justify the cost.

Thoughts?
    07-14-09 03:23 PM
    If you do not see any value in upgrading to the Tour by all means return it. Everybody is untilled to his or her opinion. I still have my Curve and it serves me well. (would love to have a 8900, but on the wrong network for me).
    07-14-09 03:29 PM
    I can see where you are coming from. I came from a curve as well and it did serve me well. I did light the lighter weight and the slightly smaller design.

However I'm such a tech junkie I like new things. The speed in terms of running applications for me is much improved and a reason for me to upgrade, plus the keyboard is really growing on me.

I don't think you can go wrong with either device, I'd still be enjoying the curve if the tour hadn't come out. If you can't justify the $200 then I would by all means use the curve!
    07-14-09 03:31 PM
    No flames....see?

For me, the upgrade is the screen, I like this keyboard better (it dosent move) and I like the upgraded hardware......if it's not doing it for you....by all means switch back and hold onto your upgrade until something gets released that you'll like better.

The ONLY thing I am missinf from the Curve to the Tour is the Today theme.....PLEEEEEEASE someone make one soon
    07-14-09 03:33 PM
    I'm somewhat thinking about going back to my 8330 ONLY because I REALLY need wifi and since the Storm 2 and 8930 will be coming out in the future I could wait for them.
    I'm not sure because I do LOVE this phone if only it had wifi....
    07-14-09 03:34 PM
    No flames....see?

For me, the upgrade is the screen, I like this keyboard better (it dosent move) and I like the upgraded hardware......if it's not doing it for you....by all means switch back and hold onto your upgrade until something gets released that you'll like better.

The ONLY thing I am missinf from the Curve to the Tour is the Today theme.....PLEEEEEEASE someone make one soon
    im so glad to hear that the keyboard doesnt move...thats something that really gets on my nerves with the curve...that and the fact that my "i" works when it feels like it for the last 3 months.
    07-14-09 03:37 PM
    I was on the fence because I felt like I betrayed my 8330, but I jumped right off of it when I checked out some web pages and the display got to show off. I VASTLY prefer the Tour's keyboard though.
    07-14-09 03:38 PM
    I'm somewhat thinking about going back to my 8330 ONLY because I REALLY need wifi and since the Storm 2 and 8930 will be coming out in the future I could wait for them.
    I'm not sure because I do LOVE this phone if only it had wifi....
    If the wifi is a big deal to you then I say take it back and sit tight for the wifi berrys to come out then you'll have the entire package. I'm coming from the 8330 as well yeah the tour is a big bigger but it works. Nothing is worst than 2nd guessing the $$$ you spend. I got mine for $99 + tax etc.
    07-14-09 03:40 PM
    hey there wouldn't be a need to flame you on this question..

if the improvements don't fully suit your needs then there is no reason to spend the money.

there is many upgrades in this device but they may be ones that you simply don't use.

I personally am loving the speed of the device and think that the keyboard is amazing.

Keep in mind look around and see what else that 200 bucks can be useful for to you or if you rather just leave it in the bank.

Don't buy something for hype purposes by it for what you want/need

if your 100 percent satisfied with your curve and find this time around is not worth it then go for it.

07-14-09 03:41 PM
    I'll gladly buy it from you for cost.

PM me if you are interested.
    07-14-09 03:44 PM
    If you're coming from a non-blackberry device, the Tour will seem like the best thing since sliced bread. If you already own a Curve, there's not much more that the Tour offers that will "wow" you. I wanted to get it just because im a phone/blackberry *****, and like to have the latest device, but after fiddling with it for a bit, I realized that it's basically a curve on roids. Faster, better screen resolution, more memory. None of those really matter THAT much to me in order to justify buying the phone at retail costs since i'm not eligible for the $199 upgrade just yet. Had the keyboard been like the one on the 8900, I would've searched craigslist for a bargain, but the keyboard on the Tour was a big turnoff for me. Too cramped. I'll stick with the Curve until a future device comes out.
    07-14-09 03:44 PM
    I think this is a huge upgrade to the 8330. The keyboard is different, and I think since most people have been on the curve for a while, they're just not used to it yet. However, with each passing day I like it more and more. Annnnd its so much quieter than the curve.

Throw in the much better camera (big selling point to me, but not to all understandably), faster data, and a great screen and I think its a better device. I'm already used to the slightly larger size.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 03:46 PM
    Hey, its better than going back to the Storm! lol
    07-14-09 03:47 PM
    Yea, If someone has a Tour on their hands they no longer need, I will gladly relieve you of it Just let me know. My upgrade isn't for another year and a half.. and I'm on a secondary line in a family share plan, so no NE2 for me.
    07-14-09 03:50 PM
    This is true. But I still have all my Curve and Storm and no I'm not going to both. The screen, the os, the keyboard, and experience is an upgrade from the Curve which we all knew. I don't think we were expecting RIM to be inventing something new. Just an upgrade. The OP makes valid points as to why he wants to switch back and you're doin the right thing. Give it sometime and then make an informed decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 03:56 PM
    I'd rather pass a kidney stone than go back to the storm. It'll be less painfull.
    07-14-09 03:57 PM
    I'd rather pass a kidney stone than go back to the storm. It'll be less painfull.
    Come on tell us what you really think
    07-14-09 04:56 PM
    Yeah if you don't feel it's nessesary take it back. I personally would just like a better screen and keyboard and more memory. Plus it'll be one of the phones that goes to 5.0 when that comes out
    07-14-09 05:04 PM
    Hey, there will be more BlackBerry's later. If you're not finding the Tour all that great of an upgrade over yer Curve so far, that's ok. I'd say give it another week just to be certain then return it. Save yer upgrade for later.

If you're coming from a non-blackberry device, the Tour will seem like the best thing since sliced bread.
    Coming from a used WinMo XV6800, I AGREE 100% Totally in love with my Tour.
    07-14-09 05:17 PM
    I don't blame you at all. I thought I was dead set on getting the Tour too just a week or so ago. I thought it looked cool and I've always been one of those people who likes to have the latest and greatest technologies. But after I really thought about it, I've decided to stick with the Curve.

I have a memory card in my curve, and I don't play enough games or videos to need a higher resolution screen. And I really don't see what the big deal is as far as the "improved camera." Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be able to snap shots of something when you aren't expecting it, but does anyone actually use their camera phone when you can have a 12 megapixel Canon or Nikon in your pocket? I doubt it. At the end of the day, I use my BlackBerry for what they were originally designed to do--e-mailing and internet browsing. The Curve's e-mailing capability is plenty good and Verizon's 3G internet on the curve is fast enough for me, so I'm happy.
    07-14-09 05:28 PM
    8930? I *very much* doubt this (although I could be wrong) - especially in this economy.
    07-14-09 05:35 PM
    Back to the original topic - I wouldn't upgrade a Curve > Tour. The Curve is the best-selling smartphone for many reasons - durability, reliability, addictiveness, etc.

The Tour can be considered "incremental" to many - especially Curve owners.

GPS wouldn't be enough to get me to upgrade. High-res screen is actually a negative for a lot of people.
    07-14-09 05:37 PM
    just buy the tour now, and start putting 50 bux a month away and by the time you have like 400 or 500 there will be a wifi berry for you....and if there isnt you can always buy some meth!
    07-14-09 06:16 PM
    I wanted the Tour for 2 reasons: much faster CPU and much more and desperately needed RAM. I am satisfied on both of those points. Was it worth the upgrade? Not really...but, l was sick of removing applications (no matter how infrequently used) solely based on lack of RAM.

ALB
    07-14-09 06:43 PM
    If I was able to get the Tour on a GREAT deal ($150-$199), i'd get it just to mess with it it for a few days just to get rid of my urge to have the latest blackberry, then sell it after playing with it for a few days. From my experience fiddling with it in the store for a few minutes, I have to say that its not worth me dumping my curve for. Great phone nonetheless. Just doesnt offer anything THAT much greater than what my curve offers.
    Last edited by deevel79; 07-15-09 at 11:50 AM.
    07-15-09 11:48 AM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD