Did you not listen to anyone tell you that its not the storm getting the release and its not the curve getting wifi?? They are new launch phones. Again with the research. STORM2 new Curve. . . the old editions are still available. . not the same phone. So I guess it would seem silly to someone who does not understand how technology works and doesnt take the time to listen and find out
    Sweet Jesus... you really thought I was talking about the old curve and storm? I am quite aware of new models. Thats what I was talking about. I come here often, visit Gizmodo, Engadget, Boy Genius, etc... do you have some kind of learning disability?
    10-27-09 08:50 PM
    1. Different store, different hours.
    2. The included accessories aren't held to the same warranty.
    3. Try treating the "buffoons" who are trying to help you with respect. If I go to a restaraunt and want a phleghm free meal, I am courteous to the staff there. Same concept at any store. No one wants to help a disrespectful POS.
    4. Price matching is a ridiculous concept. If someone elses sale is better, get it there.
    1. What's your point. I was addressing another poster who said that all VZW stores have the same hours.
    2. Your statement is in direct contrast with a VZW employee on this thread.
    3. I always treat people with respect initially until they earn my disrespect, no matter what their circumstances in life (including the homeless). And yes I will treat that server at the restaurant like royalty until I get my food, and most often will continue to afterward, unless they are inept, incompetent, or rude, and that is what a tip is for. BTW, I left the VZW store on good terms, there was no profanity, accusations or heated discussion the entire time I was there. Everything stated was unemotional, factual and related to the business transaction.
    4. Price matching is a common business practice. Try it. It works about 2/3 of the time. In this case, I did go to another store and purchased the less expensive product which worked great right out of the box.

I really feel sorry for the people working there. They are not educated well enough on their products in a fast-changing market, the QA/QC of RIM has been poor in recent months and they bear the brunt of customer ire, and their pay must be abysmal considering their attrition rate and the competitive market they are in.

FA
    10-27-09 08:52 PM
    Reading some of the stuff here is amazing. Can anyone here be honest and objective? Im done with the lot of you, I have never seen anyone go so far out of their way to defend and excuse a gadget or phone company, and that includes Apple fanboys. Some of you Im sure are some of the morons I see headed to the subway walking around staring at their blackberries bumping into and cutting everyone off and oblivious to the outside world that I just want to punch in the back of the skull.
    10-27-09 08:55 PM
    This thread has almost turned into a quasi-religious debate between Verizon acolytes and the lowly laity. The OP and I had bad experiences and wanted to share them with others. Some folks gave good advice. Some disregard our bad experiences and defend the sanctity of VZW.

It's a company folks. They are in business to make money and there is nothing wrong about that. They have to strike a balance between happy customers and relentless competition. Verizon is going through a rough patch right now and they need to fix it or they will lose their customer base. The ONLY thing that keeps them at the top is their coverage, but eventually the other survivors in this business will catch up. There is a finite expanse of land to cover. Eventually, they all will have similar coverage, then products and customer service will be the only things differentiating these companies.

FA
    10-27-09 09:03 PM
    i guess my problem is that there hasn't been an "all-in-one" device

you could get a fast processor in a bold but a crappy camera
    double memory in a tour but no wifi
    wifi in a curve 8900 but no 3g
    trackpad in an 8520 but a 320x240 resolution
    big screen but no shortcuts on a storm

however the solution has come, the 9700, which is only available on at&t and gets terrible service in my area

that is my frustration
    AT&T seems to be bad in general re: coverage. Verizon hit AT&T where it hurt with their new ad, saying 'we have a map for that'. It shows that Verizon has allot better coverage nationwide and everyone can check for themselves by logging on and checking coverage in different places.
    10-27-09 09:07 PM
    You must be refering to the Curve 2- all BB's after the tour are suppose to wi-fi. Welcome to the world of new things coming out after you get something new.
    Wifi is not new tho. And it's certainly not new to Rim. Think 8320. Vzw is just a big bully that wants things done their way, even if they are wrong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 10:45 PM
    1. What's your point. I was addressing another poster who said that all VZW stores have the same hours.
    2. Your statement is in direct contrast with a VZW employee on this thread.
    3. I always treat people with respect initially until they earn my disrespect, no matter what their circumstances in life (including the homeless). And yes I will treat that server at the restaurant like royalty until I get my food, and most often will continue to afterward, unless they are inept, incompetent, or rude, and that is what a tip is for. BTW, I left the VZW store on good terms, there was no profanity, accusations or heated discussion the entire time I was there. Everything stated was unemotional, factual and related to the business transaction.
    4. Price matching is a common business practice. Try it. It works about 2/3 of the time. In this case, I did go to another store and purchased the less expensive product which worked great right out of the box.

I really feel sorry for the people working there. They are not educated well enough on their products in a fast-changing market, the QA/QC of RIM has been poor in recent months and they bear the brunt of customer ire, and their pay must be abysmal considering their attrition rate and the competitive market they are in.

FA
    The first comment was not directed at you. And price maching is common at certain discount stores, with certain requirements.

10-27-09 10:45 PM
    I'm new to the tour as I've only had it week now but the sheer joy of having something that I can depend upon is almost.....well I'm lost for words. I have a bad case of OCD and the storm that I suffered through was like having a clunker car that required an hour of mechanical work done just to drive to the store and back. I am very happy with my phone now. I haven't been checking the boards every hour to see if a new leak is out to fix my phone AGAIN. The tour OS seems very stable. I'm just gonna wait patiently for the 5.0 and hope that RIM and VZW get it right. BTW I do have the green dot tour. No ripple, no trackball issues, and no battery door issue. And I kept my 8gb card for my time and trouble. Be patient my padawan learner, the path will open itself to you through the force (sorry I'm a scifi geek)

Heheh I like how you kept your 8gb card for your time and trouble! That sounds like something I would have done.

I don't know what a "green dot" tour is but I definitely have not had any trackball/loose door/ripple issues either. I am very happy with my tour.
    Last edited by rgarling; 10-28-09 at 04:57 AM.
    10-28-09 04:52 AM
    Its not about defending the company, you trash talked a bunch of people who it seemed were only trying to help you, for no apparent reason, and you fail to understand that technology is becoming obsolete by the time it hits the shelves at ANY company.

10-28-09 06:50 AM
    Studies show that driving while talking on a headset is nearly as dangerous as without one. A distraction is a distraction.

Yeah, but a ticket is still a ticket. This device is supposed to allow me to use a device that allows me to use it in a manner that would avoid getting a ticket, and it does not.
    10-28-09 07:56 AM
    i really really need os 5 to be released. im at the brink that i consider chopping a digit off my hands each day until its released. if they dont unleash the beast in 10 days then i will have nothing to type with when it eventually does get released to our wonderful customers.
    10-28-09 08:43 AM
    Yeah, but a ticket is still a ticket. This device is supposed to allow me to use a device that allows me to use it in a manner that would avoid getting a ticket, and it does not.
    Yeah, sounds like your device needs to be replaced. Just wanted to be clear about the dangers of talking and driving.

10-28-09 09:48 AM
    Its not about defending the company, you trash talked a bunch of people who it seemed were only trying to help you, for no apparent reason, and you fail to understand that technology is becoming obsolete by the time it hits the shelves at ANY company.
    And to whom is this addressed?
    10-28-09 12:05 PM
    I am very glad it worked out for you. I thought there had to be something. Did she give you a different store to go to? Conversions are always hard.

Thanks for the advice. I did call Customer Care and they apologized and asked me what they could do for me to make things better. At that point, I realized that is all I really wanted is someone who treated me like a valued customer and was willing to make things right. I told them I already bought a larger microSD card which I was likely to purchase anyway, so they didn't owe me anything in reality.

She said that Verizon is going through a merger "flu" after the absorption of Alltel, and that it will take time before things get to normal, but that was no excuse for what I went through at two different stores on six occasions. I suppose I could have been a j.e.r.k and demanded something for my lost time and aggravation, but in retrospect it wasn't that bad of an experience in the grand scheme of things. So the phone call ended on an upbeat note with everyone including me being happy.

FA
    11-02-09 02:27 PM
    Wow, N u want to talk about people getting nasty. Newsflash. . . everyone in the forum did. Especially with all your talk about lower end devices. The new curve isn't lower end, just geared toward different consumers. Not everyone wants what you want. But for you I guess they need to make a technology for dummies book. Do you need everyone to explain in crayon or paint by numbers just how technology works. Get over yourself and over your 3 yr old tantrum.

Sweet Jesus... you really thought I was talking about the old curve and storm? I am quite aware of new models. Thats what I was talking about. I come here often, visit Gizmodo, Engadget, Boy Genius, etc... do you have some kind of learning disability?
    11-02-09 02:35 PM
    Floont,

Its actually not about Verizon or RIM, and we understand the bad experiences. However, unlike you, the OP didnt want to take the advice given to him and understand that not everything will be perfect and that's what warranties are for. The OP wanted everyone to agree with him on his raving spree that almost identically duplicates my 3 yr old. If you want advice post, if you dont want to take it fine but don't put down the people trying to help you when you don't understand anything. Its kind of like expecting the weather man to be accurate 100% of the time just because he said so on the news. There is no absolute accountability. Sometimes things happen and they suck. No reason for a blame the world conspiracy theory.

This thread has almost turned into a quasi-religious debate between Verizon acolytes and the lowly laity. The OP and I had bad experiences and wanted to share them with others. Some folks gave good advice. Some disregard our bad experiences and defend the sanctity of VZW.

It's a company folks. They are in business to make money and there is nothing wrong about that. They have to strike a balance between happy customers and relentless competition. Verizon is going through a rough patch right now and they need to fix it or they will lose their customer base. The ONLY thing that keeps them at the top is their coverage, but eventually the other survivors in this business will catch up. There is a finite expanse of land to cover. Eventually, they all will have similar coverage, then products and customer service will be the only things differentiating these companies.

FA
    11-02-09 02:44 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD