They discontinued the 8900 (T-Mobile). T-mobile 8900 users don't even get the 5.0 OS update. T-mobile knew they were going to discontinue the phone, that is why they never provided the update. Now they are going to release the 8910 (which will include a trackpad) with the news 5.0 OS. So basically current 8900 owners get the shaft.

But guess what? That is the nature of the beast.

It's called Technology, and it's always changing. There is always something happening.

You choose to buy the Tour and what it had to offer. Now they are offering another phone, which has better offerings, and people are whining about it? I mean if you want the phone that much just buy it and be done with it. Verizon, RIM, whoever. Nobody owes you anything.
    02-22-10 08:02 PM
    im not thrilled by it but im not overly pissed.....they did it for business reasons
    02-22-10 08:03 PM
    Wow, this article really seems to everyone going OFF!

In the end you have to make your decision with the best information and products that are available when you are buying. There is ALWAYS something better and faster in the queue. What's your option, perpetual waiting?

There will always be something coming down the pike, that's the name of the technology game. Make your decisions and move on - put on your big boy pants!
    02-22-10 08:05 PM
    im not thrilled by it but im not overly pissed.....they did it for business reasons
    +1.........
    02-22-10 08:05 PM
    There is a difference between technology changing (new browser ) and adding the bells and whistles a device should have had six months later. This is bad business. R.I.M is scum bagging us and you all just take it and chalk it up to smart business. What about consumer loyalty? Yes no company owes any one but what about karma? Does no one care about anyone any more?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 08:13 PM
    There is a difference between technology changing (new browser ) and adding the bells and whistles a device should have had six months later. This is bad business. R.I.M is scum bagging us and you all just take it and chalk it up to smart business. What about consumer loyalty? Yes no company owes any one but what about karma? Does no one care about anyone any more?

Unfortunately some people have the RIM shackles on too tight.
    02-22-10 08:16 PM
    Only the device matters, not the name...
    02-22-10 08:26 PM
    I agree its like the devices they use are spawned from their own hopes and dreams. These are all just phones and here is the truth about RIM people
    1. The iphone puts the s1 and s2 to shame
    2. All google devices are more fluid than any RIM device
    3. The browser is and will stay garbage
    4. App world...really? 99 cents on the phone 4 bucks in app world. How does that math work out?
    5. Is faster email worth all this?

02-22-10 08:26 PM
    I personally do not give a crap.. it's just a phone to me.. Sure it's like an extension of me but it's still just a phone. I have no attachments to technology. However, I really hope they keep the same hardware (by that I mean international phone with Sim card) and the look of the Tour.. As long as it's still the same phone and can directly replace my Tour with all the features then who cares what they name it.
    I NEVER say .. pass me my BB Tour.. I say get my Berry.. or where's my dammnn phone lol.. name means nothing..
    I couldn't agree more!! And no matter what it will be named, I already know it will be my next Blackberry!! I just upgraded to the Tour from the 8330, and what a vast improvement for me. So to me, the Tour2/Bold whatever will be yet more improvement available to me, no matter what the name is.

02-22-10 08:30 PM
    Only the device matters, not the name...
    Well played sir

02-22-10 08:30 PM
    I really don't care about the name thing. What I want to see is an OFFICIAL 5.0 OS from Verizon. I doubt this happens so I guess I will have to **** around getting the Sprint 5.0 OS to work on my Verizon Tour without being a battery hog.

Really folks. It's a name. Does it really matter or affect your using the device?
    02-22-10 09:20 PM
    I don't mind the name change, UNLESS they're doing this so they can release it quicker without having to give Tour owners 5.0, which would really **** me off.
    02-22-10 09:28 PM
    I'm not mad at all. When the new one comes out I will buy it. I'm an early adopting gadget freak, and I fully understand the expense that comes with this I would call it, "hobby."
    02-22-10 09:32 PM
    I can say I truly don't care. My intent was to keep this phone, like all my other phones, for the 2 year agreement. I have no issues with my tour. My work phone is the Curve 8520 and the trackpad isnt enough for me to feel like I have to have an upgrade (I prefer the trackball). I have no use for the Wifi either.

Phones don't last forever. By the time I'm ready for my upgrade, there will be plenty of other versions of BBs out; maybe even one we havent heard of.
    02-22-10 09:33 PM
    Also, I already have 5.0 on my Tour so why be pressed about that?
    02-22-10 09:34 PM
    Only way I would get the Tour 2 is if it had a 5 megapixel camera. I don't think it will but I've read some articles suggesting it my. I don't care about the trackpad or wi fi

02-22-10 09:36 PM
    There is a difference between technology changing (new browser ) and adding the bells and whistles a device should have had six months later. This is bad business.
    1. The iphone puts the s1 and s2 to shame
    Which iPhone are you referring to? I guess putting out minor revisions 12 months apart is OK...

02-22-10 09:45 PM
    With the name change, I just feel like the Tour will be the red-headed step child of the RIM family. Yes AT&T and T-Mo have the Bold as the top of the line BB. Why can't Verizon and Sprint have the Tour as the top of the line BB?
    02-22-10 09:45 PM
    Which iPhone are you referring to? I guess putting out minor revisions 12 months apart is OK...

No offense here, but you can hardly call the Storm 2 anything more than "minor revisions" when compared to the Storm 1. Same goes for the Tour 2/Bold and the original Tour.
    02-22-10 10:05 PM
    Wow, this is like a train wreck. I know it's twisted and without logic, hideous and disformed. I try and look away but yet it keeps sucking me back in.

To fix that, I'm gonna go jump on my bike and head out into the desert to open the throttle wide open and tear up the trails. AKA, living life.

As has been stated numerous times, it's a phone people. Let's put our big boy and big girl panties on, deal with what needs dealing with and move on.
    02-22-10 10:11 PM
    I know what OP means...

Remember when the BB world was feening for the next BB ... And everyone had
    The 8330 curve .... The tour came out and ....

Track ball problems...

Reset problems ...

Then they fix the trackball... The wack 4.7 OS!!!

The delay with 5.0 (only leaks)

Its like the dust didn't settle and this model is already obsolete!!

02-23-10 12:24 AM
    I personally don't care for the trackpad and while wifi is nice, it's not something that would have held me off getting the Tour. The Tour was the device that intro'd me into the world of BlackBerry and I am really satisfied with it. With this in mind I do feel a little peeved that RIM's changing the name of the Tour2 because it makes me feel as though RIM is discontinuing the Tour line...
    I really don't care either way about the wifi... I can get by with out it. Now for the trackpad...I did play with a 8530 yesterday at the Sprint store and I liked it..... so I might be interested in the trackpad. Either way the Tour was my first BB also and I am not ashamed of it in any way what so ever and if they drop it/change the name...oh well, I will still be proud of it no matter what.
    02-23-10 01:09 AM
    once again, I'm disagreeing with their intent, not with their actual hardware. Yea, the bold is pretty much identical to the rumored Tour 2, I don't have an issue with that. I can't understand why RIM thinks they're entitled to shut up what the public thinks about their Tour release on their own terms without even giving people the opportunity to do so, does that make sense? In a way they're just bullying us around and it's unfortunate that we can't really do anything about it, so I'm just voicing my distaste.

I'm not expecting them to apologize or anything, I'm happy with my original Tour but they're testing us just because they know we can't do ****, and that's damn frustrating.
    Actually, there is something you can do -get rid of your BlackBerry. Sorry, but if you perceive this as RIM bullying you, you definitely have other issues. It is a business decision - nothing more/nothing less. I really don't understand why you are so upset about them changing the name. It really isn't anything personal.
    Last edited by RBernier; 02-23-10 at 05:04 AM.
    02-23-10 03:22 AM
    No, most us have more important things in out lives. It's a phone - who the heck cares what they call it. You weren't going to get a free Tour2 when it came out and you're not going to get a free Bold when it comes out. Life - live it.
    02-23-10 03:45 AM

The phone I'm referring to is the one that can handle 30 apps, flow between screens like water, and not have to be re booted constantly.
    With that being said I do feel that iphone has its flaws and am in no way a fan of apple. I do however feel that if you put any iphone and any storm in front of some one with no prior smart phone knowledge they will pick a iphone hands down.

02-23-10 05:08 AM
115 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD