No, most us have more important things in out lives. It's a phone - who the heck cares what they call it. You weren't going to get a free Tour2 when it came out and you're not going to get a free Bold when it comes out. Life - live it.
    I love you people who seem think that just because some people are passionate or have strong opinions on something, it means that they dedicate their lives to it. Don't worry about how I live my life or what I do with it.
    02-23-10 05:28 AM
    They can call it what the heck they want. Just get rid of the numbers. I agree with Kevin saying they should call it Bold touch or Bold slider or Tour whatever, just get rid of the numbers. That being said, I bought the Tour on release day and then my carrier launched their hspa network in November with new devices ( iphone , bold 9000 and bold 9700). I wasn't pissed at RIM, I was pissed at myself for not waiting a bit longer and get myself a hspa device with wifi and trackpad. Got myself a 9700 in December and my Tour is now in paperweight mode since then. Those of you with Tours, I understand your fustrations, but that's the way it goes. Those who don't read these forums couldn't care less about what device comes out next or what they call it. Those of you who were waiting for the Tour2, just go get it when it is released. Whatever it is called , does it make any difference? You'll be getting all the new goodies like trackpad and wifi. Who really cares about the name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 06:11 AM
    A similar frenzy with the "name change" happened when the onyx was renamed to the bold 9700. I can understand people wanting to differenciate the Tour from the Bold line, but to me it seems RIM is taking damage control measures since the Tour was so problematic in the beginning. Its sad that we Tour owners won't have a Gen2 device but I understand why RIM decided to go in this direction. I will hold on to my "limited edition" berry until something better comes out.

02-23-10 07:15 AM
    But no one forced you to buy the phone.......
    Exactly!

Smart move... unless your one of us crackberry users. No one one knowledgeable on the subject is gonna be happy about this. From a business standpoint they made the right move.

Crackberry(.com) tour users are gonna be pissed to say the least.
    I am a Tour user and I am not pissed at all. Wi-fi and Pad were never deal breakers for me. I knew all the rumors, and I chose to purchase the Tour 1, my first BB. I really like the device, it does what I ask it to, and it makes me a more responsive and efficient worker. What's wrong with that.

And regardless of the name of the next device, it is still the next device. You will either want it or not, regardless of if it is called the Tour 2, Bold 9xxx, or iPhone.

I think, IMHO, one reason people are pissed is they were hoping for the carriers to offer up a deal to them. But why should they, if you new what was coming down the pike.

I hope my Tour lasts forever, or at least until RIM finds a way to connect me directly to the Matrix.

And more importantly, can you believe that Roz, what a delusional psychopath.
    02-23-10 08:07 AM
    Here's the appropriate name for the device:

The BlackBerry Smoke & Mirrors.
    02-23-10 08:12 AM
    Are you sure? I could have sworn we were discussing pineapple flavored popsicles.
    i'm positive. nothing to get upset over/about

least the damn phone's still getting produced people... could be worse
    02-23-10 10:34 AM
    What bothers me is those following the rumors from anyone and everyone about the release date of Tour 2, thinking that if they are within 30-days they can get upgraded. Now with the name change, its not the same, its a Bold not a Tour so you cant exchange for an upgrade. (or so I think). I have the Tour and happen to love it. I really dont see a big deal with the trackpad (how many have had trouble with their laptop and ended hooking up a mouse?). WIFI, in my opinion, big frickin deal, with Sprint and my location I have never been without service. With the everything plan, again WIFI, big frickin deal.
    02-23-10 10:49 AM
    What bothers me is those following the rumors from anyone and everyone about the release date of Tour 2, thinking that if they are within 30-days they can get upgraded. Now with the name change, its not the same, its a Bold not a Tour so you cant exchange for an upgrade. (or so I think). I have the Tour and happen to love it. I really dont see a big deal with the trackpad (how many have had trouble with their laptop and ended hooking up a mouse?). WIFI, in my opinion, big frickin deal, with Sprint and my location I have never been without service. With the everything plan, again WIFI, big frickin deal.
    if it's within 30 days, the customer will be able to exchange the phone. with a $35 restock fee + difference in price, b/c it's a different device. i work at sprint.
    02-23-10 11:50 AM
    Why does simply changing the name make people upset? Not looking to get flamed, I just don't understand.

Your still going to need an upgrade to get the discounted price, right? I didn't think Verizon (or Sprint) were going to allow Tour users to trade in for a Tour 2 for the reason of a faulty trackball or wifi, right? Maybe I'm wrong but why does the name mean anything?

Just asking...

02-23-10 02:26 PM
    For me it's because if they Tour line does, so will the OS updates. So the phone I cant upgrade, unless paying full price, won't be updated with any significant OS updates. I'll have this phone till next January or there abouts. So, it's not the name change, its the ending of the line, and the possibility because it is the last in it's line, it will no longer be considered update worthy...like the others that had come to the end of the line.
    02-23-10 03:53 PM
    For me it's because if they Tour line does, so will the OS updates. So the phone I cant upgrade, unless paying full price, won't be updated with any significant OS updates. I'll have this phone till next January or there abouts. So, it's not the name change, its the ending of the line, and the possibility because it is the last in it's line, it will no longer be considered update worthy...like the others that had come to the end of the line.
    Gotchya, it'll be interesting to see if they continue to update the OS. I was trying to recollect if RIM/Carriers updated the OS of a "discontinued" phone but I can't think of one. Not sure what this means for the OS evolution of the Tours. Good point...

02-23-10 04:07 PM
    Last summer Verizon people couldn't wait until the Tour was released. I was one of these people. The only other bb's on Verizon w/ keypad were crap at the time. Lets not even talk about the Storm 1.

With the release of the Bold pushed back I will have had my Tour for about a year. We should thank RIM for sending Verizon a new top-of-the-line bb every year. I can see past the next release which means when my "new every 2" upgrade comes I will be buying a Bold 2

My only concern is the OS situation... if the updates stop coming I will be mad for sure.
    02-23-10 04:22 PM
    Idc about the name change. I love everything about my phone...except my trackball. I will be upgrading early when the new bold is released. I have tried the trackpad, and I love it so much more than my tour trackball. I've even tried the old curve trackballs, and they are so much better than my tour trackballs. Unfortunately. That's life. Had my trackball been fine, I would have stayed with my phone. Yea it might seem shady for RIM to do what they are doing, but basically, that's business.

02-23-10 04:34 PM
    I dont really care what they call it.....if im in a wifi area...well i have a computer for that. trackpad or trackball? Not worth getting a new phone in my opinion just for two pretty minor differences. Now if it had true Bold guts with the better processor then perhaps that may motivate me to want one more. My Tour has worked like a champ since day one.
    02-23-10 04:35 PM
    I haven't read all the posts, but my thought is; us Tour owners have the RIM version of the Edsel.

I guess its a collector's model now?

But... I suppose I give RIM a little credit for trying to clean up the Marketing of their devices. I've been very critical of the 9700 form factor and the blur between devices.

Let's hope this is step one of a realignment of the device families.

02-23-10 07:55 PM
    I haven't read all the posts, but my thought is; us Tour owners have the RIM version of the Edsel.

I guess its a collector's model now?

But... I suppose I give RIM a little credit for trying to clean up the Marketing of their devices. I've been very critical of the 9700 form factor and the blur between devices.

Let's hope this is step one of a realignment of the device families.

So you feel you have a redheaded stepchild phone because the *rumor* is that the replacement device (which is the exact same thing, with 3 changes) will be called something different?

Between this, the mass of 3G icon threads, and the general psychosis in the 9650 forum... some of you people need to get a life. Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.
    02-23-10 08:05 PM
    The Tour isn't NEARLY as bad as the first Storm was...I didn't see Storm I users getting discounts on Storm II's....maybe I just missed it.
    02-23-10 08:08 PM
    I think what RIM should do is send letters to everyone that ever owned a BB and state that if you didn't like it for ANY reason, contact them and they will give you the phone of your choice for free....NOT!! WTF people????
    02-23-10 11:44 PM
    Personally, I don't feel slighted at all. I chose the Tour over the others and knowing the Tour 2 might be coming out. The main feature differences, trackpad and wifi, were not selling points to me. I don't have wifi available where I live and I prefer the track ball. Phones and other electronic gadgets are constantly changing, I researched phones and picked the one I liked the best for me and my situation. I don't feel the need to have the latest, greatest, anything and tend to choose products with a good track record and fit my needs. I like my Tour and it still fits my needs as well as it did when I bought it, and when my upgrade comes up I will find the best phone for my needs then. Works for me.
    02-24-10 12:00 AM
    A similar frenzy with the "name change" happened when the onyx was renamed to the bold 9700. I can understand people wanting to differenciate the Tour from the Bold line, but to me it seems RIM is taking damage control measures since the Tour was so problematic in the beginning. Its sad that we Tour owners won't have a Gen2 device but I understand why RIM decided to go in this direction. I will hold on to my "limited edition" berry until something better comes out.

Personally I like the look of the tour better than the bold anyway. :/ It's my second Blackberry and I'm not all that impressed so far. My first Blackberry Curve's charging port came loose after 6 months of use. I popped it open and fixed it myself and have since repaired several other curves, tours, and a couple of iphones. I seem to have gotten into the repair business by accident.

Over All I think RIM is falling further and further behind. They are taking too long with their endeavors. Their App Store is just sad. And RIM creating their own Twitter App? Umm, WHY? It just seems to me that RIM's efforts are misguided and clueless as of late. It's like they KNOW they are falling behind, but they have no clue how to fix the issues when it's really quite obvious what needs to be done.

Sadly I think RIM now, is what Microsoft Was... Completely out of touch with their customer base. They've become too reliant on the corporate sector use for their devices and they are falling further and further behind because of it.
    02-24-10 05:06 PM
    Don't wait for Verizon, grab a hybrid. I switched to a Hybrid, no more 552 Reload O.S. errors, and no more short battery life issues from the "official 5.0 version" from other carriers.
    02-24-10 05:08 PM
    Don't wait for Verizon, grab a hybrid. I switched to a Hybrid, no more 552 Reload O.S. errors, and no more short battery life issues from the "official 5.0 version" from other carriers.
    Never do wait. Im using Driphters V6.4 right now and love it. But, there could be significant changes in OS that are better, or newer features, that without even a beta will never reach the tour.

The good news today was, the Tour wasn't put on VZ's Extinction Listing . So maybe it will be around a bit longer and treated with some love!
    02-24-10 05:13 PM
    Its still the same phone that is rumored to come out right? So what's everybody mad about?

02-24-10 05:15 PM
    But no one forced you to buy the phone. You are saying you knew the rumours of a new device with trackpad and wifi, so I don't understand what you are upset about here? New devices come out all the time, it's not just phones but all electronics. I bought an 120Hz LG LCD TV a few months back, now LG went and put out a 240Hz version, should I feel screwed over too?
    Well I did not know about the other phones and I'm pissed. I can't afford another phone because I've had a kidney transplant. What if there are no more upgrades or no more compatible apps for the tour if this phone turns out to be a bold. What do you have to say about that?

03-06-10 12:09 AM
    to answer the OP.
    no im not.
    i could care less
    would you feel better if VZW issued u a box of kleenex?
    03-06-10 12:13 AM
115 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD