Maybe someone can explain this to me and show me the light but for some reason I got really annoyed when I read that front page article.

For the lack of a better phrase, isn't RIM basically introducing the already available Bold to Verizon so they can cover up their ****** child that which is the original Tour?

I don't know what it is, but losing the identity of the Tour line just keeps reminding me of how RIM really screwed over Tour customers. I remember buying this phone and less than 2 months later, phones with trackpads and curves with wifi's were coming out and it just made me wonder why the **** they couldn't have incorporated any or all of those features that are pretty damn useful to have.
    Last edited by stevenhglee; 02-22-10 at 03:33 PM.
    02-22-10 03:31 PM
    I don't know what it is, but losing the identity of the Tour line just keeps reminding me of how RIM really screwed over Tour customers. I remember buying this phone and less than 2 months later, phones with trackpads and curves with wifi's were coming out and it just made me wonder why the **** they couldn't have incorporated any or all of those features that are pretty damn useful to have.
    What exactly are you upset about? Advancement?
    02-22-10 03:37 PM
    To me it's the intent. There are quite a bit of people who are annoyed that the rumors of the Tour 2 were said to come out with wifi and trackpad, one of which was already widely available on bb's when the Tour was released and the other of which was soon available after the Tour was released.

I personally think RIM knew this was probably ridiculous and the reaction of some people (namely mostly original Tour owners) would go ape**** so they covered their tracks and buried their failed experiment and the cover up would now be the Bold. Yea, all speculations but as of now it seems to fit the puzzle.

I was okay with the Tour 2 coming out with those new features, but by replacing the entire line with the Bold begs an ulterior motive, I mean why?
    Last edited by stevenhglee; 02-22-10 at 03:46 PM.
    02-22-10 03:43 PM
    But no one forced you to buy the phone. You are saying you knew the rumours of a new device with trackpad and wifi, so I don't understand what you are upset about here? New devices come out all the time, it's not just phones but all electronics. I bought an 120Hz LG LCD TV a few months back, now LG went and put out a 240Hz version, should I feel screwed over too?
    02-22-10 03:48 PM
    Smart move... unless your one of us crackberry users. No one one knowledgeable on the subject is gonna be happy about this. From a business standpoint they made the right move.

Crackberry(.com) tour users are gonna be pissed to say the least.
    02-22-10 03:49 PM
    I think its more of a disgrace that people have been waiting for months for an offical 5.0 to come out for the T1, and waiting for the T2 to be release, so in turn, the software would. An now it seems that they are just using a phone that has now been released for over a month and still no official 5 on the T1. So people have been waiting for this mustery device with vast improvement and who knows what, and come to find out its the Bold (no that that is a bad thing, but why wait 2+ months longer to release the same phone?)

JMO
    02-22-10 03:50 PM
    But no one forced you to buy the phone. You are saying you knew the rumours of a new device with trackpad and wifi, so I don't understand what you are upset about here? New devices come out all the time, it's not just phones but all electronics. I bought an 120Hz LG LCD TV a few months back, now LG went and put out a 240Hz version, should I feel screwed over too?
    once again, I'm disagreeing with their intent, not with their actual hardware. Yea, the bold is pretty much identical to the rumored Tour 2, I don't have an issue with that. I can't understand why RIM thinks they're entitled to shut up what the public thinks about their Tour release on their own terms without even giving people the opportunity to do so, does that make sense? In a way they're just bullying us around and it's unfortunate that we can't really do anything about it, so I'm just voicing my distaste.

I'm not expecting them to apologize or anything, I'm happy with my original Tour but they're testing us just because they know we can't do ****, and that's damn frustrating.
    02-22-10 03:55 PM
    Smart move... unless your one of us crackberry users. No one one knowledgeable on the subject is gonna be happy about this. From a business standpoint they made the right move.

Crackberry(.com) tour users are gonna be pissed to say the least.
    My thoughts exactly! Most BB users are not hanging out on forums and won't know the difference. So, it is a good decision for business.
    02-22-10 03:55 PM
    I'm annoyed b/c I'll bet that the new "Bold" will give RIM and the carriers a reason to jack up prices again for a while. The Tour was just getting cheap with a mail in rebate. I'll bet the new Bold will be $199 or more with a rebate. If it were release as the Tour 9650 (I doubt RIM would want to announce to the world that it was the T2 in order to prevent wide-spread disapproval), the price wouldn't go up much (if at all).
    02-22-10 03:57 PM
    I got a Tour on Sprint in July after waiting several months for any problems to be worked out. So, we are now approaching 12 months since the release and the Tour2 or whatever they will call it is not out. Yes, there were rumors, but for CDMA users, we have had the benefit of a Tour (over the Curve or 8830) for 12 months and counting. No one will always be on the 2 year schedule for upgrades at the same time the new devices are released. So, at least personally, I continue to not be upset abt the Tour 2. When it comes out, I will wait until my upgrade (which will probably be 12 months or less) or work out another arrangement. But this is what it means to be early adopters in the times of rapid technological advancement.

And for those buying Tours now, they should know there is a tour 2 "around the corner". They can continue to wait or get on board.

Finally, for those that are upset that other GSM devices had wifi and trackpads right around when the tour was released - you are right. It is upsetting that RIM didn't give us everything right away (when we know the technology was there). But we made a choice and we speak with our money. There is nothing to get upset about.
    02-22-10 04:03 PM
    What exactly are you upset about? Advancement?
    Personally, Im more concerned with the whole OS upgrade thing. I hope the Tour isn't left in the dust for new releases. Thats not Advancement on a personal level...that's having to buy a new phone to be able to have Advancement!
    02-22-10 04:06 PM
    I'm in the continuing to wait category....
    02-22-10 04:07 PM
    I def feel slighted here!
    02-22-10 04:08 PM
    Also means that unhappy Tour customers can't use the Storm vs. Storm2 upgrade logic to say they should get a new Tour2 since the Tour lagged features.

"But it's not a new Tour - it's a Bold!".
    02-22-10 04:08 PM
    I personally don't care for the trackpad and while wifi is nice, it's not something that would have held me off getting the Tour. The Tour was the device that intro'd me into the world of BlackBerry and I am really satisfied with it. With this in mind I do feel a little peeved that RIM's changing the name of the Tour2 because it makes me feel as though RIM is discontinuing the Tour line...
    02-22-10 04:22 PM
    I personally do not give a crap.. it's just a phone to me.. Sure it's like an extension of me but it's still just a phone. I have no attachments to technology. However, I really hope they keep the same hardware (by that I mean international phone with Sim card) and the look of the Tour.. As long as it's still the same phone and can directly replace my Tour with all the features then who cares what they name it.
    I NEVER say .. pass me my BB Tour.. I say get my Berry.. or where's my dammnn phone lol.. name means nothing..
    02-22-10 04:26 PM
    Personally, Im more concerned with the whole OS upgrade thing. I hope the Tour isn't left in the dust for new releases. Thats not Advancement on a personal level...that's having to buy a new phone to be able to have Advancement!
    I agree.. Luckily Sprint dropped the 5.0 before the bold name change ordeal. With Verizon who knows if they will release 5.0 for a while now.
    02-22-10 04:26 PM
    I personally don't care for the trackpad and while wifi is nice, it's not something that would have held me off getting the Tour. The Tour was the device that intro'd me into the world of BlackBerry and I am really satisfied with it. With this in mind I do feel a little peeved that RIM's changing the name of the Tour2 because it makes me feel as though RIM is discontinuing the Tour line...
    man i am the opposite of you, i don't care much for the wi-fi since the browser really doesn't mean much to me as it did on my old iphone 3g, but the trackpad is so precious to me over my lame *** trackball

and yes i feel your peeve
    02-22-10 04:29 PM
    Does the name on a phone make a difference? If it has the features you want and works the way you want it can be called Dino for all that matters.

If you take your Tour back to exchange cause it doesnt work will they not give you a similar phone (bold, DIno, whatever). I think people that spend so much time worrying about things like names have way too much time on their hands. Accept the change and move on. No matter what you wont change RIM's mind.
    02-22-10 04:30 PM
    Maybe someone can explain this to me and show me the light but for some reason I got really annoyed when I read that front page article.

For the lack of a better phrase, isn't RIM basically introducing the already available Bold to Verizon so they can cover up their ****** child that which is the original Tour?

I've had the Tour since August and am perfectly happy with it. If I hadn't been, I would have returned it, as was my right. And that of every single other person who bought it.

So no, I'm not particularly angry.
    02-22-10 04:31 PM
    Is this even set in stone? Last I heard it was rumors.

Either way it usually doesn't matter to me as I go the full 2 years and then buy a "phone". I am not into technology where I have to have the newest phone out there. As long as I get my customers emails, texts and weather updates you can call it a Strawberry for all I care.
    02-22-10 04:33 PM
    It can't be a BOLD if it doesn't have the fake leather battery cover. I'm slightly pissed that it doesn't look more like the 9700.
    02-22-10 04:43 PM
    LOL
    you guys are pissed at advancement and a name change?
    honestly, do you guys have anything better to do? if you REALLY needed wifi, why didnt you get a bold or a curve?
    I don't understand why people nitpick so much over the stupidest, tiny details. It's a phone people... a PHONE. it doesn't give you fellatio, cook, clean...
    Complaining about this is like complaining that a newer computer came out with a faster processor and more memory.

But hey, I have a real life, where dealing with family, friends and the feel of human skin on mine is more important than the name and size of my phone.

That's just me...
    02-22-10 05:01 PM
    Does this mean that us Sprint users can look for the BOLD to be out for Sprint then?

Again like many have pointed out, why are we all upset that RIM made better tech? I love my current Tour, a hybrid will speed it up if you are unsatisfied.
    02-22-10 05:09 PM
    I have no problem with them releasing a new device. There is no way I could have waited until April to buy a BlackBerry. Maybe if they released it in December or January I would have been upset, but end of April is a whole other story.

What I DO have a problem with, however, is the name change. RIM thinks Tour owners are stupid and won't take notice of the name change, and therefore wouldn't be upset. Really RIM? I don't know about you guys, but I feel insulted by this name change. It's like they are trying to trick us...
    02-22-10 05:10 PM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD