Well i'm pretty sure we all know that the new curve just came out for sprint...

Is anyone else mad that the $50 curve has
    1) Optical Trackpad (that's a preference, but it's considered by RIM to be "nicer")
    2) WiFi
    3) 5.0 OS

While us tour users (I paid $250!!) are stuck without any of those!

To me that's rediculous, selling a phone for $50 with more features while selling their "premium" blackberry for $200 more and giving less
    12-19-09 12:54 PM
    No were not mad at a Low end Blackberry. The new Curve is only an entry device into the Blackberry world which is why its a lot cheeper too
    12-19-09 12:56 PM
    A tour with those things IS coming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 01:06 PM
    Honestly, the new Curve is not that much worst than the Tour. Bump up the just the screen resolution and you essentially have the Tour 2. It has the same or better processor than the first Tour as well. Fortunately I like the Tour's keyboard way more, so I'm happy with my Tour still. I'm thinking waiting for a device with LTE radios seems like the smart to do for current Tour owners.

And when are we going to get a new leak or official 5.0. Don't make us wait till the Tour 2 is out Sprint/Verizon!

12-19-09 01:10 PM
    It's not so much that the curve got those features, it's that I paid $250 dollars for my Tour and the new Curve is only $50 with the features that should have been included with the tour

And yes, a new tour is coming with those features, but not all of us have a stray 400 bucks lying around to upgrade every time a new blackberry comes out
    12-19-09 01:13 PM
    What you paid for your Tour is irrelevant. The current cost for the 8530 is $50 and the Tour is $150. The Tour costs $100 more because it's a high-end, world phone Blackberry. Quadband technology, better screens, better cameras (with flash), better build quality, bigger batteries, etc... all add up to a more expensive device.
    12-19-09 01:29 PM
    I agree with you. Seeing how the bulk of the phones is the same the disparity in price is not justified. At the end of the day it is just carriers trying to bait people into a data plan.

12-19-09 01:36 PM
    What you paid for your Tour is irrelevant. The current cost for the 8530 is $50 and the Tour is $150. The Tour costs $100 more because it's a high-end, world phone Blackberry. Quadband technology, better screens, better cameras (with flash), better build quality, bigger batteries, etc... all add up to a more expensive device.

I'm not disputing that the tour is a better device, it clearly is. Like I said, what I'm mad about is the fact that Tour users are paying a premium price for a phone that lacks features that the entry level and cheaper phone has. Add that to the fact that the Tour *should* have these features...
    12-19-09 01:40 PM
    I'm not disputing that the tour is a better device, it clearly is. Like I said, what I'm mad about is the fact that Tour users are paying a premium price for a phone that lacks features that the entry level and cheaper phone has. Add that to the fact that the Tour *should* have these features...
    What the Tour "should" have had is also irrelevant. You knew what it DID have when you bought it, and that's what matters. Yes, RIM is coming out with some nice (better) Blackberries. But an entry level device like the 8530 (which is NOTHING like a Tour, by the way) is always going to cost less. The new Tour will have WiFi, but, as one would expect, you'll have to put out some more hard-earned money if you want one. Upgrades are never free, unless you can workout some type of great deal with your carrier.

The good this is that no one is going to force you to buy anything. The Tour that you liked when you bought it, is still the Tour that you'll have regardless of what other devices come out, or what those devices my cost. There's no reason to get mad about it.
    12-19-09 01:47 PM

I agree, i find it pretty weird that threaded sms is not in the 4.7 OS..its such a "primitive" feature but i think its all apart of RIM's business strategy .. at the end of the day it IS business with them...
    12-19-09 02:26 PM
    You're mad that a phone that was made after the Tour has certain better features than it? Are you going to be mad when the blackberry millenium is released in the year 3,000 and lets you teleport to other blackberry users instantaneously?

It's the nature of technology to improve and become cheaper. 5.0 and the optical trackpad came out after the Tour, so obviously phones that come after the milestone date will have them. If you had one of the very first blackberries, you'll probably be mad that the Curve has wifi, right?

It makes no sense at all to complain that a later model phone has features that an older phone doesn't have.

You say the Tour should have these features. Was the trackpad out last July already? Was 5.0 released last July already? The only valid issue you have is wifi...who knows what RIM was thinking when they left it out.
    12-19-09 02:29 PM
    Nope not mad..have you felt that thing...feels like a toy...no offense Curve users...
    12-19-09 02:35 PM
    How much is the Tour now? Seeing how the Curve has a lot of features the Tour has and some it doesn't it wthe price should be similar now.

12-19-09 03:29 PM
    Not mad at all about the Curve because no matter how many bells and whistles it has, the Tour is still the better phone. I myself was waiting for Tour2 and recently found out it isnt coming to Bell, so i have a Bold2 on the way.

12-19-09 06:18 PM
    I'm not mad at Sprint, or my carrier US Cellular for that matter, The Curve 8330 was my First ever Smart Phone, while I liked the functions, it still felt like a toy to me, I had it two whole weeks and used my 30 day gurantee to trade it for the Tour, and now the tour is my lifeline. It feels like a Phone, great keyboard, great video resoultion, Great Phone. Wi-Fi and trackpad would be nice, but it is not an option I need, and I wont run out and get the Tour 2 when it comes out ether, I will paitently wait my 18 months and upgrade to whatever the offer may be at that time. I mean do you go out and upgrade your computer every Year with the latest?
    12-19-09 06:48 PM
    In a word:

No
    12-19-09 07:54 PM
    It seems I'm not the only one...

We love the Curve and the Tour, but we're having trouble understanding the relationship between the two devices. For a supposedly "low end" device, the Curve 8530 packs many "high end" features that the Tour lacks. We're expecting this to be remedied when RIM and the carriers finally decide to launch (or even announce) the Tour2, which should bring WiFi and the optical trackpad to the original Tour form factor.
    -Engadget review of the 8530

BlackBerry Curve 8530 impressions -- Engadget
    12-21-09 01:16 PM
    "mjbensen", You have an mistake of a word is "Cheeper", the correct word is "Cheaper", I am giving myself a cookie for helping you out.

No were not mad at a Low end Blackberry. The new Curve is only an entry device into the Blackberry world which is why its a lot cheeper too
    12-21-09 02:26 PM
    If we are going to start earning cookies for gramatical fixes I think you better give that cookie to me because it is (a mistake) not "an mistake". LOL sorry I could not pass that one up.

"mjbensen", You have an mistake of a word is "Cheeper", the correct word is "Cheaper", I am giving myself a cookie for helping you out.
    12-21-09 04:52 PM
    Got the 8530 in today for my wife. It is a nice unit. I like the fact that it has Wi-Fi, Predictive Text, and OS 5.0. Am I jealous, a little. But still like my Tour.
    12-21-09 05:09 PM
    If we are going to start earning cookies for gramatical fixes I think you better give that cookie to me because it is (a mistake) not "an mistake". LOL sorry I could not pass that one up.
    LOL...You get the whole box of cookies on that one !

12-21-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD