Me and my wife just got 2 tours with Verizon after having 2 Curve 8900s with T-mobile. I have been reading on here and we have only had these since Sunday, but we are having some small issues.
    My device has randomly rebooted itself 3 times so far. no set times at 3 seperate times.
    Both devices seem to get stuck like typing etc the phone cant keep up kinda freezes then after a few secs it catches up and keeps typing. Also happens when scrolling fast, or opening options or apps. The 8900 was very fast, never froze and never had any issues with memory and stuff.

The last issue is GPS, both are set up properly, and both have all settings correct, but neither phone will lock on GPS at all. Not even with BBM. Went back to the store we went to and tested the Store Display model and that one got a lock in about 30 seconds. We are just trying to find out if both of our tours are defective or if these issues are known.

To me seems like the problem is OS related. I can not figure out why they decided to go with OS 4.7.1.40 when the already well established 4.6.1?? has been working fine on many devices. Just trying to find out if these are random issues with us or alot of people are having them. THansk for your help.
    Last edited by theanswer3; 08-18-09 at 09:05 PM.
    08-18-09 07:54 PM
    Both devices seem to get stuck like typing etc the phone cant keep up kinda freezes then after a few secs it catches up and keeps typing. Also happens when scrolling fast, or opening options or apps. The 8900 was very fast, never froze and never had any issues with memory and stuff.
    Out of curiosity, what is your device's free memory at when it's lagging like this?
    08-18-09 08:02 PM
    115mb but to be honest I cant excuse that as being a reason for the lag issues. The 8900 has the same processor and memory on board and i had a ton more apps, and i never ever had that issue really only difference is OS, keyboard and cell radios so that is why I am confused by this.
    08-18-09 08:10 PM
    Im no expert but maybe a wipe? Or reload OS?
    Also have you both downloaded same 3rd part app that may be causing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 08:32 PM
    did you turn on your GPS to location on vs. e911 only under the advanced options menu? I believe it was on by default on the 8900, but its not on with the 9630
    08-18-09 08:37 PM
    yeah i turned location on and tested outside and checked all my settings with the store phone to make sure. VZW tech support said their was a patch released but I went on vz upgrade site and it is same os i have 4.7.1.40 and wouldn't let me override my existing OS.
    08-18-09 08:40 PM
    looks like there are a few people who have had some of these issues
    08-18-09 11:22 PM
    I have been having the same issues as well!
    08-19-09 05:05 AM
    I have the same problem I also believe its an os issue hope it gets fixed soon!

08-19-09 07:32 AM
    Maybe give the Tour Hybrid a try (click the link in my signature). For me it's much better. My tour seems more responsive overall, I have quicker boot times, and I have more free memory with the same apps installed (versus the stock OS). Plus it comes with BBM 5.0 integrated into it which is a nice bonus IMO.

08-19-09 07:46 AM
    Mine froze up for a few seconds earlier. I was navigating thru a menu and it became unresponsive. Then when it came back it was already loading what I wanted.

08-19-09 08:01 AM
    I have had the Tour since it was first released. Generally very happy. However, I am having the following four issues:

1. Huge font on random incoming emails
    2. Frequent lag in executing commands - e.g. send. - of 5-10 seconds
    3. Spontaneous reboots: 3-5 times per week
    4. Extremely long boot times: 7-9 minutes on average

Have written to Verizon and RIM. Hoping these will all be fixed in a software update.
    08-19-09 08:05 AM
    Either exchange the devices or wait for the new OS update that is soon coming out...
    08-19-09 08:11 AM
    I recently did an exchange and my reboot is under a minute. do not ask me why. I have many apps also. My first Tour used to get a few spontaneous reboots when using the Slacker radio. though it did stop when I updated the OS using the DM.

I have heard that the huge font will be fixed soon. Though that is the rumor on the board here.
    08-19-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD