I think this just started today or maybe I just didn't notice it yesterday but when I make calls on my Tour and put it to my ear, there is an extremely audible background noise... Does anyone else have this? Its bad enough that my ear hurts for a little while after I put down the phone and reminds me of what my Sidekick II's earpiece sounded like.

EDIT: Interesting... I did a battery pull and now its about on the same level as the Curve. Buggy phone software I guess?
    07-17-09 02:29 PM
    every Tour I have came in contact with so far has had that load hissing noise that is so high pictched that you think its a dog whisle being blown lol

mine does it, a long with the 10 tours I have came across so far, they all do it
    07-17-09 02:31 PM
    Damn it to ****. It wasn't doing it yesterday WTF.

I really LOVED this phone... and voice quality is phenomenal. But the background hiss is unacceptable... and I doubt its something they can even fix with a firmware update... Though maybe they can since it toned down at least in half when I did a battery pull.
    07-17-09 02:37 PM
    Damn it to ****. It wasn't doing it yesterday WTF.

I really LOVED this phone... and voice quality is phenomenal. But the background hiss is unacceptable... and I doubt its something they can even fix with a firmware update... Though maybe they can since it toned down at least in half when I did a battery pull.
    yeah its something they can fix in a softwear update.. its not a hardwear problem.
    07-17-09 02:39 PM
    It's from the screen. Anytime the screen is on, whether it's making a call or not, it makes the high pitched noise. It really doesn't sound like it's a software problem though, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is here to stay unfortunately.
    07-17-09 02:57 PM
    Yeah I've heard it on every Tour I've worked on. I can deal just fine, but I still wonder why it wasn't caught in the QA testing phase.
    07-17-09 02:59 PM
    It's from the screen. Anytime the screen is on, whether it's making a call or not, it makes the high pitched noise. It really doesn't sound like it's a software problem though, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is here to stay unfortunately.
    Mine is not from the screen. I don't hear it until a call connects.
    07-17-09 03:00 PM
    I'm definitely getting the hiss only when the screen is on. I have a feeling it could be a hardware issue. Thankfully the screen doesn't stay on for too long.
    07-19-09 11:16 AM
    I can hear two sounds. A high pitched sound when the backlight is on and a hissing sound during calls. Is there a way to contact Blackberry about this? Verizon seems to only want to exchange the device or convince me there is nothing at all wrong with it. I think if more people were to complain they would at least admit to the problem.
    07-22-09 07:54 PM
    Every time I decide to bite the bullet and go out and get the Tour, a new issue shows up that scares me away

RIMS quality management must have been napping this..well, past year .
    07-22-09 07:59 PM
    Well honestly, I haven't had the problem since I did the battery pull that one day. No more hiss at all.
    07-22-09 08:01 PM
    Just got a Tour and I am very disappointed by this high pitched noise. For me it is very clear and annoying during phone calls! Will I have any success in bringing this to the verizon store and getting a replacement??
    09-01-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD