View Poll Results: Are you going to miss Tour?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but why, oh, why! She was so beautiful and young!

23 26.14%
  • No. Look I'ma tellin' u sumthin. It's just a name. Get over it.

65 73.86%
    Assuming it's true that the upcoming Essex will in fact be released as a Bold and the Tour name thrown in the trash bin, I simply have to ask: are you going to miss the Tour?

Personally I like the name BlackBerry Tour, there's something snappy to it
    02-22-10 03:24 PM
    CDMA users will be happy to finally have a BOLD in their line up. When you look at the 9700 compared to the 9650 they are basically the same phone. Alittle different cosmetically, but the guts and glory are the same. Thus it makes sense. Although RIM is starting to look bad when it comes to CDMA releases. Storm 1 then Storm 2, Tour 1 then Tour 2. I think they need to stop rushing CDMA devices.
    02-22-10 03:45 PM
    Verizon's OS isn't too snappy for their tour. Its a shame though, the tour was so short lived, I feel between the OS problems, the trackball and living in the shadow of the bold, RIM never quite got the tour right. It was everything a user needed but, still was missing detail.
    02-22-10 03:46 PM
    Not gonna lie here. I feel a bit slighted by RIM! Tour was supposed to be the next big thing, and it turned out being the next big FLOP! I know there will be thousands feeling this same exact way.
    02-22-10 03:54 PM
    I feel if they dropped the Bold series altogether that would be good. So then Tour would be flagship (CDMA+GSM), Curve the consumer models (CDMA/GSM), Storm the touch screen series (CDMA+GSM). Drop Pearl at the same time too? I don't know if there's much demand for a candybar BB anyway.
    02-22-10 03:57 PM
    i voted no..... my simple anwser
    02-22-10 04:08 PM
    The tour so far has been the best blackberry I have used.

It feels better in my hands then the bold 9000 did, the only thing I do not like is that there is no WiFi capabilities on the tour.

Next...
    02-22-10 04:12 PM
    You should have all seen it coming!

You were just taking a "Tour" of the new Bold 9700. Thanks for Beta Testing ;D
    02-22-10 04:14 PM

As bitter as that sounds it's unfortunately true
    I feel bad for 9630 owners.
    02-22-10 04:16 PM
    Need to change the processor to the Bold and it will be a Bold...
    02-22-10 04:22 PM
    does it matter what its called?????
    02-22-10 04:24 PM
    It does to me, I'm sure some will feel the same way too. I mean otherwise we all would have a MOTOCARE�, so don't you tell me you don't care
    02-22-10 04:30 PM
    I'm going to miss the Tour name, but the Bolds not bad either. I just hope RIM steps up puts in the bigger processor into the new Bold and bigger battery so it keeps up with the Bolds name..
    02-22-10 05:12 PM
    I'm going to miss the Tour name, but the Bolds not bad either. I just hope RIM steps up puts in the bigger processor into the new Bold and bigger battery so it keeps up with the Bolds name..
    If hope it lives up to the bold name, but it should not take 2-3 months to change it to a new name.
    02-22-10 06:09 PM
    Need to change the processor to the Bold and it will be a Bold...

Can't.... GSM processor vs. CDMA. Plus the QualComm processor supports OpenGL 2.0.
    02-22-10 06:48 PM
    Can't.... GSM processor vs. CDMA. Plus the QualComm processor supports OpenGL 2.0.
    They can actually make it faster than the Bold's if they want. The Samsung Moment has an 800MHz processor, the Nexus One coming out for CDMA will be 1GHz same as the Incredible and the SuperSonic.

CDMA can have power now, RIM just needs to utilize it.
    02-22-10 06:54 PM
    It may be speculations, but as Kevin put it on the front page, RIM is only changing the name from Tour to Bold to "trick" current Tour owners in thinking they still have the latest Tour phone and the additional features e.g. trackpad, wi-fi on the Bold "cough Tour2 cough" is a new phone model lineup for Verizon customers...
    They learned from the episode with the Storm and the release of the Storm2 on how the customers of the Storm reacted.. If this is the case.. I am a little disappointed with RIM.
    02-22-10 07:53 PM
    Us 8900 users feel your pain

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 07:56 PM

LOL, good one. Except I'm pretty sure since its going to be CDMA, it'll be the Bold 9730 or something.
    02-22-10 08:12 PM
    i've been planning on switching to either the storm 2 or the new essex come april when i have my NE2, i got my current tour from craigslist just to hold me over
    02-22-10 09:45 PM
    The Tour was a dumb idea to begin with and never should have happened. There should have been a CDMA Bold from the beginning and now maybe RIM figured that out. They need to streamline their device offerings and this is a start. Now if they would just reduce the Curve offerings to something less confusing than 800 versions they'd almost be there! And "Bold" is a MUCH stronger name than "Tour."
    02-23-10 12:25 AM
    I dunno, how changing the tour name to the bold will alleviate the angry tour 1 owners. Unless the tour 1 owners have no idea that the new cdma blackberry was originally the tour 2.

Honestly, if I was a adopting tour owner I would be angry to because even tho technology moves very quickly these days. It was a poor decision by RIM by quickly changing production to add these new features.

Tour 1 was barely out in the market and rumors came out a new tour was already in production.

02-23-10 12:36 AM
    I dunno, how changing the tour name to the bold will alleviate the angry tour 1 owners. Unless the tour 1 owners have no idea that the new cdma blackberry was originally the tour 2.

Honestly, if I was a adopting tour owner I would be angry to because even tho technology moves very quickly these days. It was a poor decision by RIM by quickly changing production to add these new features.

Tour 1 was barely out in the market and rumors came out a new tour was already in production.

Well, the TOur2 or CDMA Bold (or whatever it ends up being) isn't even released yet and I'd be willing to bet money that the Tour3 or CDMA Bold2 (or whatever you'd want to call the next one?) is already in test. It's a never ending cycle and it keeps getting faster and faster...
    02-23-10 12:56 AM
    But the only new technology the tour 2 got was the trackpad and processor? Wifi is considered standard for high end phones and it was a shame that the tour 1 didn't have it. They discussed this on crackberry podcasts and they said its more of verizons decision then RIM. Just like the storm 1 didn't get wifi. Well just like the tour owners my 8900 is also one and done. But I heard a rumor that a 8910 is somewhere in the horizon.
    I don't think I will consider a 8910 when a 9700 is out and the next bold dakota is due this year.

02-23-10 01:13 AM
    I feel if they dropped the Bold series altogether that would be good. So then Tour would be flagship (CDMA+GSM), Curve the consumer models (CDMA/GSM), Storm the touch screen series (CDMA+GSM). Drop Pearl at the same time too? I don't know if there's much demand for a candybar BB anyway.
    The name Bold has a much greater customer recognition worldwide and it would be stupid to drop it for Tour, but it is a shame if they do make this change because there was actually a bit of logic to the Tour name since that implies travel and it was a cdma worldphone.

As far as the pearl, some carriers are still selling the old Pearl 81xx devices so there is obviously still a use for that brandname and form factor.
    02-23-10 01:57 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD