have any other tour users noticed on their keyboards after a while the "D" key which has the little bump on it was once black and now is white? i just noticed this morning that it had turned white.
    03-23-10 06:17 PM
    Wow just saw this on mine. I knew the bump was there so I guess the top finally wore off..

But I got a better one my t and y keys have more than 2 characters on them. My t has T ( \ and my Y has Y / )

kinda silly looking.

Last edited by dave3825us; 03-23-10 at 07:10 PM.
    03-23-10 06:44 PM
    Wow just saw this on mine. I knew the bump was there so I guess the top finally wore off..

But I got a better one my t and y keys have more than 2 characters on them. My t has T ( \ and my Y has Y / )

kinda silly looking.
    Whoa that's weird, my T only has T and ( and my Y only has Y and ). I wonder why yours has 3 symbols? Strange. And my bump on the D key is still black. But I guess the white dot is something I have to look forward too! *sigh* =\
    03-23-10 06:59 PM
    It's because the paint/coating has worn off part of the keys (presumably like mine, from excessive use) to form the "slashes" on the keys. Paint has worn off the raised portions of all but a few of my keys. I guess I type on my bb too much. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 07:42 PM
    hahaha...buncha lightweights .. my ALT,E,A,S,D,N,O,DEL and SPACE buttons all are worn... text much?
    03-24-10 08:34 AM
    I haven't had this problem on my Tour (knock on wood) but I had a major issue with this on my 8830

03-24-10 08:41 AM
    my black nub on the d key was white after a week or so. doesnt really bother me at all... none of my peaks are white... yet.
    03-24-10 08:55 AM
    +1 on the paint worn off, if you text a lot, this is just the beginning, I've seen some keyboards where you couldn't see some of hte letters on the keyboard.
    03-24-10 09:33 AM
    It's because the paint/coating has worn off part of the keys (presumably like mine, from excessive use) to form the "slashes" on the keys. Paint has worn off the raised portions of all but a few of my keys. I guess I type on my bb too much. lol

The slashes on t and y have been there since day one and this was a brand new tour.
    03-24-10 10:22 AM
    try using some moisturizer on your hands.... apparently your thumbs have the same texture as 160 grit sandpaper.

lol j/k
    03-24-10 12:11 PM
    If you noticed most phones have some sort of indicator on the #5 button. My home phone has this as well, it lets people know which button is 5 in the dark or for people who are blind?
    03-24-10 12:17 PM
    anyone recommend any kind of paint to touch up the T and Y keys?
    03-24-10 12:28 PM
    sharpie?
    03-24-10 02:03 PM
    lol, tried that... not permanent
    03-24-10 02:20 PM
    Also, if you try to do the trick where you run the trackball along a white piece of paper, this will happen real quick.
    03-24-10 02:31 PM
    Use automotive touch up paint
    03-25-10 03:38 PM

kinda silly looking.

Yeah that's definitely the paint wearing off. Look close: you can see that the "slashes" on the T and Y keys are not identical. The paint is just wearing off from the raised ridges on those keys. Notice that the ridges on all of the keys from the T and to the left have the ridge on the right side; the ridges on all of the keys from the Y and to the right have the ridge on the left side.

I should be a detective.

I just thought about something. You said those "slashes" have been there since day one and your phone was "new". Go into the Options and select About. Scroll down and see if your phone is refurbished. If it is refurbished phone and it's supposed to be "new", I'd be taking it back to the place I bought it and having a word with em.
    Last edited by HPD2618; 03-25-10 at 04:19 PM. Reason: After-thought
    03-25-10 04:08 PM
    "About" tells you if your phone is refurbished? Since when?
    03-25-10 04:24 PM
    It should say "Refurbished: N."

Sprint 9630 w/5.0.0.484.
    03-25-10 05:09 PM
    Check it out for yourself. Go to about and scroll down. There's a heading for refurbished that should have an "N" next to it. Sprint store geek said its to identify if it's a refurbished phone. From what I gather, some carriers give you a refurb if you get a replacement phone through insurance. Don't know if this is true skinny or not but sounds plausible. Why else have the refurbish heading?

What part of South Jersey, slink? Used to live in Atlantic City. God how I miss living where things made sense and thing worked the way they were supposed to. It's like living in the 19th century down here.
    03-26-10 12:49 AM
    Only on Sprint Tours not Verizon
    03-26-10 02:08 AM
    Typical Verizon. I hope Verizon never gets into the auto industry cause we'd all have cars that wouldn't drive: the engine probably wouldn't even start.

I had Verizon for almost 10 years, but I'm better now.
    03-26-10 02:50 AM
    Also, if you try to do the trick where you run the trackball along a white piece of paper, this will happen real quick.
    Yup, that is exactly what I did to clean my track ball and now I have the same "white" spot on that key. Paint on the bump was worn off.
    03-26-10 10:58 AM
    Check it out for yourself. Go to about and scroll down. There's a heading for refurbished that should have an "N" next to it. Sprint store geek said its to identify if it's a refurbished phone. From what I gather, some carriers give you a refurb if you get a replacement phone through insurance. Don't know if this is true skinny or not but sounds plausible. Why else have the refurbish heading?

What part of South Jersey, slink? Used to live in Atlantic City. God how I miss living where things made sense and thing worked the way they were supposed to. It's like living in the 19th century down here.
    Ah, man... looks like it only says it on Sprint phones, doesn't work on VZW. Oh well. Got mine as a replacement so I'm pretty sure it's a refurbed anyway .

I live in the Gloucester County area, about 10-20 minutes from Philly. I know what you mean - I went to college down south, and man did I miss Wawa and diners! Waffle House just doesn't compete.

Yup, that is exactly what I did to clean my track ball and now I have the same "white" spot on that key. Paint on the bump was worn off.
    Yeah, best bet is to put a piece of tape over the left side of the keyboard before trying that trick. Hopefully that would stop the paint from rubbing away.
    03-26-10 11:06 AM
    The white dot on the D key wore off on my last tour. But like usual I had to swap it for another one since it was having issues
    03-26-10 11:22 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD