You know how the women are. Always trying to snoop up in your phone

Any apps that allow me to lock up my SMS?
    08-15-09 05:55 PM
    Just lock the whole phone
    08-15-09 05:57 PM
    Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.
    08-15-09 06:07 PM
    You know how the women are. Always trying to snoop up in your phone
    So true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-15-09 06:18 PM
    Exactly.

10 char
    08-15-09 06:20 PM
    I believe the name of the program you are looking for is safebox. I think it is in the Crackberry app store.

08-15-09 06:23 PM
    LOL @ the people giving me a moral lesson.

People need privacy. Even if I had nothing to hide, it's disrespectful to snoop through me ****
    08-15-09 06:27 PM
    I think AppLock is being worked on also - loved this on my PALM devices, you can lock certain apps. I have sensitive financial info on my phone and sometimes via SMS, so I prefer to lock those.
    08-15-09 06:28 PM
    says safebox is not compatable with Tour.. i would love an app like this too!
    08-15-09 07:17 PM
    Maybe date someone you can trust. Locking your phone is exactly what you need to do. It's free and it's already available on your device.
    08-15-09 07:40 PM
    Locking your phone is exactly what you need to do. It's free and it's already available on your device.
    Minus those of us who would prefer an option that doesn't wipe your phone after 10 failed attempts. Can't tell you how many of my friends try to break into my phone.
    08-15-09 07:42 PM
    It's the principality of the situation... some of us would like an app where we can lock selected folders on our device as opposed to locking the entire device. I can't stand when someone ask to see your phone and the first thing they click on is your text message folder or your picture folder....
    08-15-09 07:47 PM
    I agree with Aetius. However,it's also true that we girls can get a little nosy sometimes. My boyfriend would NEVER snoop through my phone -- but I wouldn't care if he did because I don't do anything I wouldn't tell him about myself. I certainly wouldn't go through his things either. Bottom line; if there's no trust, then why bother?
    08-15-09 08:01 PM
    What about those of us that have to hide a lot?
    08-15-09 09:21 PM
    It's the principality of the situation... some of us would like an app where we can lock selected folders on our device as opposed to locking the entire device. I can't stand when someone ask to see your phone and the first thing they click on is your text message folder or your picture folder....
    Ahhhhh, I see your point.

@ ZTZ1010

Ive never heard of that, are you saying that your device will wipe itself if you fail the passcode 10 times? That would truly suck.
    08-15-09 09:34 PM
    Ive also been looking all over for something like this. And its not for the gf snooping through the phone. its just to keep usability at a maximum while still keeping privacy.

Sometimes I like to just pull the phone out and play brickbreaker, use the tfln app, look something up quickly online. Or just give someone the phone to use as a phone. Without having to type a password everytime, or worry that once its unlocked, they will have access to everything.

With all that said, I will look into safebox and hopefully they will release a tour compatable version.
    08-15-09 09:43 PM

Or just give someone the phone to use as a phone.
    Woah buddy...I would never let anyone use my BlackBerry just to use it as a phone. My own husband gets his hand smacked for touching it...it's MINE lol
    08-15-09 09:55 PM
    Woah buddy...I would never let anyone use my BlackBerry just to use it as a phone. My own husband gets his hand smacked for touching it...it's MINE lol
    Haha. I try to share it, they usually end up wanting one for themselves anyway haha.
    08-15-09 10:08 PM
    Ahhhhh, I see your point.

@ ZTZ1010

Ive never heard of that, are you saying that your device will wipe itself if you fail the passcode 10 times? That would truly suck.
    I have never personally had it happen to me, but I was told by a tech support person from VZW that she had just helped this guy whose had friends failed 10/10 times trying to break into his phone and it wiped everything..
    08-15-09 11:21 PM
    I have never personally had it happen to me, but I was told by a tech support person from VZW that she had just helped this guy whose had friends failed 10/10 times trying to break into his phone and it wiped everything..
    My little sister did this to me last week. It sucks.
    08-15-09 11:23 PM
    I couldn't agree more it drives me nuts when people do that, it's not the fact that you have anything to hide, but come on can we get some privacy for ourselves for what little we have left in this world!!!!
    08-15-09 11:57 PM
    i always say dont look for something that ur afraid of the answer.
    08-16-09 12:02 AM
    sent a msg to the creator of SafeBox.. he said it is fully 100% tour compatible!
    08-16-09 06:28 PM
    sent a msg to the creator of SafeBox.. he said it is fully 100% tour compatible!
    For those of you who have used this application, can you comment on the your Tour's performance or report on any issues subsequent to the download? Thanks Also, the specific link to where you downloaded the app would be nice too.
    08-17-09 05:48 PM
    Allow outgoing calls while locked its in the settings. I only let people I know that have there own blackberrys see mine anyone else can go buy one. People going through your pics just make a folder for ones you dont want people to see and hide it. As far as sms goes dont text people you shouldn't be. You dont want to be caught cheating then dont cheat.
    who said anyones cheating? what if i dont want my friends seeing the stupid cutesy things my gf texts me?
    08-17-09 06:17 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD