Is there any way to make gmail contacts reside on the Tour instead of having
    To download all of my contacts every time I want to look up a phone number?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 01:09 AM
    Yes. You download Google Sync to your phone, and run it. It synchronizes your contacts; your Google contacts will be added to your Blackberry, and vice versa.

12-19-09 02:02 AM
    m.google.com/sync
    12-19-09 11:21 AM
    I have Google Sync on my BB but it does not keep the contacts on the phone. Everytime that I need a contact, it goes downloads all of the contacts all 1200 of them to my phone then I can do a search. There has to be a way to keep the contacts on the phone so that I dont have to download them again and again. I even have the GMail icon on my home screen. Any settings that I may have missed?
    12-19-09 03:09 PM
    The only way to see my gmail contacts is by opening gmail and then select contacts from the drop down menu. When I open contacts, it shows most used contacts, then I have to select All Contacts. This only shows a search bar which I can search for a contact. I want to have it download all of my gmail contacts and stay on the phone and not have to waste time downloading all of my contacts each time that I need to find a phone number. Can anyone help?
    12-19-09 03:52 PM
    The only way to see my gmail contacts is by opening gmail and then select contacts from the drop down menu. When I open contacts, it shows most used contacts, then I have to select All Contacts. This only shows a search bar which I can search for a contact. I want to have it download all of my gmail contacts and stay on the phone and not have to waste time downloading all of my contacts each time that I need to find a phone number. Can anyone help?
    That sounds like you are just using the google app and not google sync. I have google sync and I go to my contacts by clicking on the BlackBerry Contacts Icon. They are always there, it doesn't have to download anything. I have it set to sync every morning and any new contacts I've added in google get added to the phone and vice versa. Same thing with my google calendar.

you need this:
    Google Sync on your mobile phone

not just this:
    Gmail on your mobile phone
    12-19-09 09:36 PM
    I think that worked, thanks. How do you have it sync every morning?
    Last edited by CSI Guy; 12-20-09 at 02:20 AM.
    12-20-09 01:55 AM
    As long as u have the sync option set to automatic and not manual you are good to go.

12-20-09 06:13 AM
    I think that worked, thanks. How do you have it sync every morning?
    Sorry I was thinking of another program that updates every morning. I just leave google sync on automatic. Google says when you leave it on automatic that it syncs every 2 hours. You can also click "sync now" anytime.
    12-20-09 02:01 PM
    Thanks so much. I am now able to go all Tour and put my Droid in my desk drawer.
    12-20-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD